AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-07, 14:21   Link #21
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
Ill wait till this show is over to watch it because it feels like its going to have a lot of love triangle crap in it.
Yeah, I think I'm going to wait until it's over too.
Old 2015-10-07, 14:50   Link #22
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I'm not going to let pretty visuals and voice acting get to me considering there's one that bugged me. Why did the police let Sakurako, who pretty much assume to be a stranger in the eyes of the police, wander into an on-going crime scene? Is it because her fiancee is a cop?
Old 2015-10-07, 15:00   Link #23
Yamada II

Episode 1
This was a nice episode although a bit towards the creepy side. That woman has got some weird interests. She should hang out with the living more. It'll be better for her. Way more fun than hanging around with the dead.

Sakurako and the boy usually travel to find bones for her collection and stumble upon human remains a lot. Her uncle was a forensics expert so she also knows stuff about this. She found a skull of a woman who died a century ago and starts acting like a child, stubbornly wanting to take it home. Then she discovers that the ded couple were killed by someone and this wasn't a case of suicide. Looks like we'll be seeing more stuff like this, Sakurako figuring out more cases like this. This was a nice start and I'm hanging around a bit longer.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 15:50   Link #24
Shadow5YA

I can't say I enjoyed this first episode. The visuals were a nice way of showing how charmed Shoutarou is with Sakurako, but the mystery was pretty mediocre.

The moment they said "double suicide" I already knew they were going to make it into a murder. And what better way to point it out than for our heroine to barge into a crime scene?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 16:08   Link #25
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
No doubt when she went into that "mode", I got instant Sherlock vibes from that very first episode where he inspects the victim's body. Felt like the whole scene in the anime reflected the TV show's scene in a lot of ways.

Honestly, I liked that the "mystery" aspect isn't her wanting to solve the case, but simply a gesture of her curiosity =03. She didn't even care about who did it, only how it happened, which is quite refreshing to me. I hope her interests don't have specifically working with the police. I can also see how people would worry that other elements not-mystery would work its way into the series; after all, they introduced MC's friend and that other girl, plus the teacher, so it probably isn't all mystery/Sakurako-focused. I'm gonna stay optimistic and hope that they'll continue the same quality of storytelling throughout the series =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 16:16   Link #26
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, another "can't entirely judge from the first episode" show.

Sakurako not getting dragged off the crime scene was a bit much, but my guess is they wanted to get across the basics in one episode.

I still liked it and I think it's got promise, but the storylines need to put some meat on those bones (groan) if it's going to hold my interest.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 17:07   Link #27
Amiluhur
Gondok

Not really impressed by the premiere. It was just too ridiculous to be taken seriously. Sakurako barging into crime scene so easily and examining the bodies with just a glance made me go ehhh. I know that real life investigation is lengthy and boring but the way she can thoroughly explain the murder to the two dudes without even showing the bodies totally took me out of the experience. I mean hell, it's just superhuman investigating crime scene story. One of the most boring detective fictions ever.

Also, Sakurako's attitude is extremely grating.
Amiluhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 18:35   Link #28
cyth
Banned

I found the first episode pretty exciting! I don't think the point is in mystery alone, but the whole package, along with the spectacle of visuals and nice BGM made it cool to watch.

Boy protagonist feels a bit out of place. Especially repeating "My name is Shoutarou," as if the audience didn't get it the first time. Also, him lecturing an older person was a bit cringe-worthy. Sakurako is of course a bona fide otaku. That may be a good or bad thing, but the knowledge bombs she dropped were nevertheless interesting.

The one thing I really didn't like was Hokkaido's tourism promotion being thrown at us at every turn. I used to think tourism anime was the way to go, but productions with controlled tourism advertising are the worst, because you cannot unsee them once you start recognizing them.

Still, a solid first episode. Really like the visuals.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 19:06   Link #29
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiluhur View Post
Not really impressed by the premiere. It was just too ridiculous to be taken seriously. Sakurako barging into crime scene so easily and examining the bodies with just a glance made me go ehhh. I know that real life investigation is lengthy and boring but the way she can thoroughly explain the murder to the two dudes without even showing the bodies totally took me out of the experience. I mean hell, it's just superhuman investigating crime scene story. One of the most boring detective fictions ever.

Also, Sakurako's attitude is extremely grating.
Actually there was nothing superhuman about the double suicide explanation. It was more a matter of making the detective incompetent. Just the fact that the bodies did not appear to have died from drowning, and a detective should know what drowned bodies look like it is hard to forget, was enough to call for more investigation.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 19:14   Link #30
SeaDoor

Wasn't as impressed with the first episode as others seem to have been. The male lead was annoying and the female lead character seemed to be just a collection of tropes. Also, they let a civilian on a crime scene why exactly? Hopefully, this will grow on me over the next couple of episodes.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 19:58   Link #31
Blueknight78

this anime looks promisor and a really good mystery, not like previous season where we had one between medium and bad(4/10) and onether terrible(2 to 0 of 10)

let's see if that gonna be really good as it look, cuz is really nice actually have good mystery fictions.
Old 2015-10-07, 20:11   Link #32
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Pros:

-I see not a lot of people liked it, but I did. Maybe because I love these type of shows anyway.

-Anime version of Bones with a MC a combination of Dr Bones and Sherlock Holmes, Cumberbatch edition.

Cons:

-Not sure exactly why Takatarou puts up with Sakurako's crazypants. I'd run the hell away if my boss loved human remains

-Sakurako would've been put in jail if she tried that nonsense on the police here

-I hope this doesn't turn into a romance.
Old 2015-10-07, 20:54   Link #33
HandofFate

japan must be a peaceful place given how most of the police act in animes.

anyway, I thought the episode 1 was fun.
Shizuka Itō as Sakurano was fun to listen, and I do like the banter between her and the shonen.

I also thought the camera was pretty engaging and felt like a real show. It feels very jdorama-ish.
Old 2015-10-07, 20:56   Link #34
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A very nice start must say that the girl is fun she really wanted that skall
Old 2015-10-07, 21:14   Link #35
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
A very nice start must say that the girl is fun she really wanted that skall
yeah she trying to keep the skull was really fun.

for romance i feel like this will be based on a lot of one-sides
the main girl love for bones
the shounen lover for her
the student girl love shounen
and shounen friend love the student girl

and in the end none get none and the QUO status will remain forever between everyone.
Old 2015-10-07, 21:52   Link #36
aakun4

The first few minutes got me pretty excited seeing how it looked like we were finally going to get something different for once coming from a VL anime, but after finishing the episode it gave me the strong impression that this will be a really episodic series and I rarely ever enjoy those so.. I don't know if I'll keep watching =/
aakun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 22:04   Link #37
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wait, Sakurako Kujou? Is she the granddaughter of Victorique de Blois and Kazuya Kujo? Too bad the kanji don't match.

Well, as someone who absolutely loved Gosick, I'm definitely hooked.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 22:17   Link #38
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

It's like an upgraded version of the detective thing from last season. Except the protagonist isn't cute anymore.
And in general, it still isn't that interesting. It's not interesting seeing random people barge into investigation scenes, and that weird action + skeleton dimension crap was like a Mind's Eye + Sheer Cold combo.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 22:58   Link #39
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Pros:

-I see not a lot of people liked it, but I did. Maybe because I love these type of shows anyway.

-Anime version of Bones with a MC a combination of Dr Bones and Sherlock Holmes, Cumberbatch edition.

Cons:

-Not sure exactly why Takatarou puts up with Sakurako's crazypants. I'd run the hell away if my boss loved human remains

-Sakurako would've been put in jail if she tried that nonsense on the police here

-I hope this doesn't turn into a romance.
That's what I thought too :

Takatarou is no Boothe though...

I think Takatarou is looking for some excitement in his life? The short bit we got at the beginning at his school seemed like he really didn't enjoy the calm everyday aspects of it.

Beautiful episode one. If the stories are as good as the Bones TV series then it'll be a keeper for sure.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 00:08   Link #40
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
I found the first episode pretty exciting! I don't think the point is in mystery alone, but the whole package, along with the spectacle of visuals and nice BGM made it cool to watch.

Boy protagonist feels a bit out of place. Especially repeating "My name is Shoutarou," as if the audience didn't get it the first time. Also, him lecturing an older person was a bit cringe-worthy. Sakurako is of course a bona fide otaku. That may be a good or bad thing, but the knowledge bombs she dropped were nevertheless interesting.

Still, a solid first episode. Really like the visuals.
This more or less sums up my take on the 1st episode as well (the tourism thing didn't impact me much either way).

The overall audiovisual package is glorious, and the show is arguably worth watching for that reason alone. On top of that, the female lead is a lot fun. Sure, maybe she's a bit creepy, but if so, she's creepy in a highly entertaining way.

The biggest potential issue for me is Shoutarou. I get that the show wants the two leads to be good foils for each other, and so for him to sort of represent the "normal person perspective", but they did overdo it some in Episode 1. He occasionally came across as a bit annoying and wet blanket-esque to me.

Still, he was fine in the first few minutes, and hopefully he'll improve over time.

Very good Episode 1.

Tags
drama, thriller