AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-06-06, 20:18   Link #1
BellaD

What's the worst date you have ever been on??

Alright guys I just came back from the worst date of my life (not that i have been in many ^_^') but this was just crazy, I didnt know so many things could go wrong in one day.Well I am going to start the story.Here goes.....

Well, I was home, was really tired...all I wanted to do was stay in bed until monday, guess what...the door bell >_< when I answer it I see 2 of my friends all dressed up, they come in and start telling me something bout a guy, a cousin of their boyfriends (they are dating brothers), who was something like a 5th wheel and they ask me, beg me to come and be his date, I said nooooooo... about 100 times, and still they didnt stop so finally I agreed *the things I do for my friends*, so I start to get ready and bammm my friend take out these high heels(I never wear high heels*evil things*) and they say i have to wear them cause they are all dressed up and i have to be too, so i was like wth.. I might just as well do that to.We go out to meet them, and when I see him.......... damnnnnn
a gorilla having a bad hair day looked better than this guy, I thought aww well i can endure for a night, as we start walking my leg twists *damn high heels* and my heel breaks(not mine ), since the place we were going to was near, we decided not to go back and change the shoes.......so there I am limping and walking on my toes most of the time, we enter the place and decide to go into the upper floor, as we are walking up the stairs ( I am the last) I miss one of the steps , since there are no railings I try to hold on to the guy and we both fall from the top of the stairs all the way down*ouch*, the guy lands on top of me*lucky him and heavy as hell*while i was squashed there...not only that my dress rips and i have to hold it all the time cause if not my two "friends" would of been seen by everyone*go ahead laugh *...after that I thought better to go before anything else*worse* happend to me and now my hip hurts like hell, my arm is bruised up... and I think I wont be going to another date for a long time. ^_^"
So go ahead tell me some of your embarrasing, painful, worse dates that u have ever been on?
Who is the friend of all.
--
BellaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 20:46   Link #2
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Wow, that does sound like a bad night. I'm sorry. But I don't think it was necessarily a bad date, because the way you described it it seemed like your two 'friends' (not your boobs, your real friends) were the ones that destroyed it for you and not your date. All your date did was forget to comb his hair Really though, that sounds awful. I know how you feel, for I am also the nice friend who gets used and put into situations I don't like.

Well, I would share a story but I've never been on a date (tohoho, and I'll be 22 soon). Stupid girls on the online dating service don't know what it means when I say I WONT DATE ANYONE THAT SMOKES!!! Almost every 'wink', 'click', 'tease' or whatever cutsie term they choose to use has been from an 18 year old alcoholic waitress who smokes 4 packs a day and plans to retire before they're 20. Ok ok I know I'm waisting everyone's time. *end rant*
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 21:06   Link #3
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaD
Alright guys I just came back from the worst date of my life (not that i have been in many ^_^') but this was just crazy, I didnt know so many things could go wrong in one day.Well I am going to start the story.Here goes.....

I feel for you BellaD, I know how it's like to get set-up when you don't want to. For some reason all my friends with their girl/boy-friends feel obligated as my friend to get me hooked up. I don't know why, I didn't try to set my friends up in the past.

Worst date ever? I don't think I can really name one considering the feelings of the girl I might talk about but I'd have to say that the worse kind of dates I've been on were the ones set up by my friend without my knowledge.

A few of them all I did the entire date was think "should I hug or should I shake her hands when I say good bye?". My friend sure knows how to pick them.

I try to avoid if at all possible those set-up dates as I am currently not looking for anyone. Although I'm always looking for intelligent people to talk to, dating girls will have to take a backseat until I stop screwing up my studies and ultimately, my life .
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 21:15   Link #4
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
Can't say that I have been on a date either, there has been no need for one.... cut straight to the chase, etc...
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 21:34   Link #5
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy-no-Jutsu
Can't say that I have been on a date either, there has been no need for one.... cut straight to the chase, etc...
and you dont like my signature because it portrays females as sex icons.

can we get any more hypocritical

[end offtopic]

there was this one date i was one...

terrible. totally ruined my pants.

cant get date stains out at all.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 21:37   Link #6
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
and you dont like my signature because it portrays females as sex icons.
Excuse ME....

Besides, did you hear me say that there was anything wrong with YOUR signature in particular?? << expletives deleted.

ANYWAYS...

Seems like there have been a few bad stories of dates on here....
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 21:40   Link #7
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

I think i've been on only 1 real date...(there was another girl that i was "seeing" but in the end we were just friends and she got back together with her bf )

and the 1 date went pretty good...we went out to dinner...played some pool afterwards...then i dropped her off at home...now...this would be considered a pretty good date...but what made me mad was that within a week after our date she got together with some other guy and didn't tell me...

the way i found out was one day we were talking online one night and she wasn't being her usual self...so i asked her what was wrong and she told me...ever since then i got mad at her and started to ignore her...to this day i don't talk to her...and don't really plan on it either...i've never liked people hiding things from me cause of the fear that they have of hurting my feelings...i was more hurt that she didn't tell me rather then her telling me flat out...so in all...good date...bad aftermath...

I probably would go on more dates if the girls around my area weren't either airheads, liars, two-faced or taken...so until i find a decent girl i'm happy being single flirting with many girls i know
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 21:50   Link #8
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
I probably would go on more dates if the girls around my area weren't either airheads, liars, two-faced or taken...so until i find a decent girl i'm happy being single flirting with many girls i know
Wow...that kind of sounds like something from the Turn-offs thread. I can say that I've had 2 bad dates one of them just happened to be my Sr Prom...oh the fond memories. The other one...I think that she was expecting to get some b/c she got some from my friend. Come on now...I may be a guy but it doesn't mean that I'm going to give it up at the drop of a hat. Another note is that she wasn't exactly the cream of the crop but she was kind of interesting to talk to...kind of.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 22:04   Link #9
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Woah wait a minute. I forgot according to Lanimoo's official definition of the word "date", which is apparently also in Websters , I have been on a date. Reference

Yay this means I can participate! I guess the worst date I've ever been on was the night of my senior prom. Even though I really liked the person I was with and she was uber-kawaii that night, everything but her sucked. The dinner we went too was HELLA expensive, and honestly Taco Bell tasted better to the both of us. After dinner I lost my booty, (the flower thing that goes in the tux), but thanks to quick thinking from my date she took her booty (the flower thing on her wrist) and took a flower off that booty and put it in my booty. It was bootylicious When we got there we waited half an hour to take our picture and get it over with (in case one of us peed ourselves or something later). Then we got a caricature thing that we waited like an hour for, and the perverted artist drew me practically doing my date up the butt! Then I can't remember, but I know we danced a little (and she's not a good dancer either, she can't slow dance at all she keeps moving side to side really fast). The DJ sucked ass, he played the hokey-pokey for crying out loud! After that the two of us and another couple went to a public spa near where we lived, and after being in there 5 minutes a rent-a-cop comes by and writes us down for being in there after-hours. My date was scared to give him her info but I wasn't. The guy placed all the blame on my date because she was the only one who was 18 and would have been responsible if something happened Then I took her home and since she was just a friend I got no game Yeah that night sucked, but it wasn't too unbearable.
Old 2004-06-06, 22:23   Link #10
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

I once took this girl out to a dinner, and at the restauraunt this other girl I had to turn down for the first girl was there, let's say it didn't go well....
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 22:25   Link #11
MikoKikyo

When I think of bad dates I think of one particular one that occured about a year ago, and I only went because my friend implored me to go, since her date had a friend whose friend they really wanted to hook up with someone. She gave me a really convincing explanation but I don;t remember at the moment.
It wasn't that bad, not nearly as bad as poor BellaD's date, but the guy was just really shy and I didn't like him from the start. He was too skinny and looked like he was 14 (even though he was 16) and we had many of those awkward moments that you have when you're supposed to be romancing but you're actually quite uncomfortable with each other. THere was also the fact that at a certain point we were walking outside and this car with a bunch of guetto, drunken, thugs-wannabe slowed down and whistled at me which was quite embarrasing, and to make it all worse my friend, who was walking behind with her date, yelled loudly "[my name], did that guy just whistle at you???" I wanted to crawl into a hole and disappear. In the end I was really afraid he would try to kiss me at the end of the night, but happily he'd gotten the hint that I wasn't too crazy about him, and didn't.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 22:41   Link #12
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
we had many of those awkward moments that you have when you're supposed to be romancing but you're actually quite uncomfortable with each other.
I HATE those moments!!! I remember a girl that I used to fancy called me all the time and we'd sit on the phone for like an hour and would have about 10 minutes of dialogue, because we were doing other stuff and really had nothing to say. It was stupid

Quote:
THere was also the fact that at a certain point we were walking outside and this car with a bunch of guetto, drunken, thugs-wannabe slowed down and whistled at me which was quite embarrasing, and to make it all worse my friend, who was walking behind with her date, yelled loudly "[my name], did that guy just whistle at you???" I wanted to crawl into a hole and disappear.
That happens to me all the time. One time by a bunch of male Mexican construction workers while I was running (and I'm not a girl ). Just ignore them and pretend nothing happened. That has always been the best solution for me anyways.

Quote:
In the end I was really afraid he would try to kiss me at the end of the night, but happily he'd gotten the hint that I wasn't too crazy about him, and didn't.
Seriously, who kisses on the first date? Ok, so lets say I'm walking in the mall and I grab a random girl and say hey lets go out later tonight. She agrees and we spend a couple hours walking around shopping, getting some coffee, talking, etc. I drop her off and then I kiss her on the lips? WRONG! I JUST met this girl a few hours ago, how can I be ready to kiss her? I don't even know her! I've never been a supporter of the first date kiss thing (or the second or third for that matter). If she gets anything, she gets a kiss on the hand. A hug is too awkward because there's too much physical contact. Kiss on the cheek maybe if I REALLY like her.

(In retrospect though, if I had a really awesome time and after the first date I start to leave and she grabs me and really gives one to me, I think that kind of aggressivness is a little....appealing to me somehow )
Old 2004-06-06, 22:53   Link #13
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Seriously, who kisses on the first date? Ok, so lets say I'm walking in the mall and I grab a random girl and say hey lets go out later tonight. She agrees and we spend a couple hours walking around shopping, getting some coffee, talking, etc. I drop her off and then I kiss her on the lips? WRONG! I JUST met this girl a few hours ago, how can I be ready to kiss her? I don't even know her! I've never been a supporter of the first date kiss thing (or the second or third for that matter). If she gets anything, she gets a kiss on the hand. A hug is too awkward because there's too much physical contact. Kiss on the cheek maybe if I REALLY like her.
Well, I've seen that there are alot of girls out there that don't like guys that are too passive. If you and a girl really, really,really hit it off, I don't see why even going to bed together at the end of the first night would be a bad thing.

You know...goto bed together and play some monopoly.

What...?
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 23:05   Link #14
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Ive never dated, except of course, senior prom, and that totally sucked, but I'll spare you the details, because nothing really interesting happened at all...
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 23:19   Link #15
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Well, I've seen that there are alot of girls out there that don't like guys that are too passive. If you and a girl really, really,really hit it off, I don't see why even going to bed together at the end of the first night would be a bad thing.

You know...goto bed together and play some monopoly.

What...?
you are such a kid! when i go to bed i play "microsoft" its like monopoly, except when you get too much power, you need to invest in the loser to keep the Game master off your back... ... idunno, it sounds familiar to me

Quote:
Besides, did you hear me say that there was anything wrong with YOUR signature in particular??
well. my signature does portray that particular person as an icon... and she is female...

and you previously stated...
Quote:
I absolutely hate it when women are used as objects for sex and I guess you can say that anime in some senses can also do the same...
so you hate "it" i guessed... ...

but since you seem not to hate it anymore... ...

hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 04:28   Link #16
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaD

Well, I was home, was really tired...all I wanted to do was stay in bed until monday, guess what...the door bell >_< when I answer it I see 2 of my friends all dressed up, they come in and start telling me something bout a guy, a cousin of their boyfriends (they are dating brothers), who was something like a 5th wheel and they ask me, beg me to come and be his date, I said nooooooo... about 100 times, and still they didnt stop so finally I agreed *the things I do for my friends*, so I start to get ready and bammm my friend take out these high heels(I never wear high heels*evil things*) and they say i have to wear them cause they are all dressed up and i have to be too, so i was like wth.. I might just as well do that to.We go out to meet them, and when I see him.......... damnnnnn
a gorilla having a bad hair day looked better than this guy, I thought aww well i can endure for a night, as we start walking my leg twists *damn high heels* and my heel breaks(not mine ), since the place we were going to was near, we decided not to go back and change the shoes.......so there I am limping and walking on my toes most of the time, we enter the place and decide to go into the upper floor, as we are walking up the stairs ( I am the last) I miss one of the steps , since there are no railings I try to hold on to the guy and we both fall from the top of the stairs all the way down*ouch*, the guy lands on top of me*lucky him and heavy as hell*while i was squashed there...not only that my dress rips and i have to hold it all the time cause if not my two "friends" would of been seen by everyone*go ahead laugh *...after that I thought better to go before anything else*worse* happend to me and now my hip hurts like hell, my arm is bruised up... and I think I wont be going to another date for a long time. ^_^"
So go ahead tell me some of your embarrasing, painful, worse dates that u have ever been on?
how very unfortunate of you... anyway... I myself did'nt have any worst dates... since i've never go on a date even once in my life...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 09:14   Link #17
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
I suppose I've been rather lucky, I've only really had one particularly crappy date, and even that was bearable. My underlying problems have been with girlfriends who are just rubbish - I remember one occasion where one grumbled to me "I can't help it if I'm dappy*" - or with girls who are blatantly not suited to me at all and yet express obsessive interests in me.

The particular date saw me in a pub for far too long with this young lady who kept buying drinks (or asking me to buy her some) over and over and would not stop. She then spent the next few hours utterly drunk and confused, not that she was ever terribly interesting or lucid when she was sober anyway. I don't much enjoy being seen walking about town with someone who can barely stand up who I have to babysit.

SCC

*Like ditzy, but... more offensive/severe.
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 10:14   Link #18
TheLaughingMan
Nee-san is...

Send a message via AIM to TheLaughingMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
I try to avoid if at all possible those set-up dates as I am currently not looking for anyone. Although I'm always looking for intelligent people to talk to, dating girls will have to take a backseat until I stop screwing up my studies and ultimately, my life .
Ahhhh, thats my philosophy!

Hmmm, that does sound like a bad date, buuuut it could have been worse right?@_@
TheLaughingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 15:30   Link #19
aahhsin

going on a set up date is alright. You just need to make yourself have a good time.

Hell at least you'll be helping your buddy out. Being a Wingman isn't shameful at all.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 15:51   Link #20
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

i'm surprised aahhsin has been on a date at all :P

"i like your dress, but your personality leaves much to be desired. also, your left arm is slightly longer than your right arm. F"

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote