AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-19, 23:55   Link #1281
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener View Post
so it's a guess, which anyone can make.

Alright, you're correct; we're all ultimately guessing. All the fancier words such as speculating, interpreting, deductive reasoning, translates into guessing.

That does not mean, however, these 64 pages of guesses are worthless. Now I'm not saying you were attempting to convey that, just that it's pretty pointless to prove that we're guessing. To hypothesize is a part of life, and in this particular thread, it's part of our fandom.

Summary: Undeniably true; now let's continue the second season discussion.
Old 2008-06-19, 23:58   Link #1282
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

seems like some argument went down in this thread not too long ago. I guess the suspense is getting to everyone.

Just like what everyone's been saying, we won't be getting Haruhi season 2 until next Spring...at the latest. The reason why they didn't air anything for the Spring/Summer slots (it just occurred to me just now...) is because they are probably working on finishing up the extra episode of Clannad (Clannad episode 24, which I do believe is centered around Tomoyo) and the Lucky Star OVA. Not to mention that they have to get started with the Clannad ~After Story~ production in time for Fall. (I thought there was only going to be 13 episodes for Clannad ~After Story~?...man thats a lot of stories to cover.)

With that being said, put two and two together and you'll get an answer thats been said many times...we won't be getting Haruhi season 2 until Spring '09. The issue of Newtype that featured Haruhi was supposed to be a viral ad campaign that they are trying to start. (I hate these types of ads...errr>_<)

But back on track, I'm really curious on what they'll do for season two...Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody happened sometime after Haruhi's reboot of the world with Kyon. Going back that far in the new season will confuse fans who haven't read the novel's yet. Disappearance is already a given that will be animated, but Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is a must because it accompanies with Disappearance.
Old 2008-06-20, 00:12   Link #1283
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
so it's a guess, which anyone can make.

Wait, what? Translation = guess?

Quote:
so it's a Translation, which anyone can make.

Doesn't make much sense to me. It's a LEAK, not a guess. I guess you can tell the difference between the two. Do note that early leaks have a high chance of coming true unmodified, so... Plus, if you find the lack of an official-looking scan or poster unconvincing, then let me tell you that people can just as easily make believable shops of scans as report fake text-only news.

Also, it appears you didn't check the parent thread of the quote as I suggested.
Spoiler for /in before:
Old 2008-06-20, 00:20   Link #1284
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
But back on track, I'm really curious on what they'll do for season two...Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody happened sometime after Haruhi's reboot of the world with Kyon. Going back that far in the new season will confuse fans who haven't read the novel's yet. Disappearance is already a given that will be animated, but Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is a must because it accompanies with Disappearance.
For the first episode, two words: Review. Episode.

Like what Shana II did with its first episode, sorta. Heck, they can adapt and extend the prologue of Sighs to use as the first episode, that'd work.
Old 2008-06-20, 02:35   Link #1285
kimchipride
Geass User

So...

What do you guys think of this.

http://kurogane.animeblogger.net/200...-in-the-works/

I'm not opposed to the idea...
Hopefully it works
Old 2008-06-20, 02:40   Link #1286
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Been requested for an updated translation. Nothing new has been suggested. No change since Winter. Update desired however.
Old 2008-06-20, 04:40   Link #1287
Vegard Aune

Quote:
because they are probably working on finishing up the extra episode of Clannad (Clannad episode 24, which I do believe is centered around Tomoyo) and the Lucky Star OVA. Not to mention that they have to get started with the Clannad ~After Story~ production in time for Fall.
The Tomoyo-OVA has already been shown to the winners of some contest, so that's obviously completed, but yeah, they're propably working on the Lucky Star OVA and Clannad AS. Which on one hand is a bit annoying because Haruhi is KyoAni's best show in my opinion, but on the other hand, Clannad and Lucky Star are both in my top 10-list of anime too, so I'm not THAT annoyed.

And I REALLY don't see how the fact that we HAVE A RELEASE DATE FOR THE AFTER STORY DVDS doesn't prove that the show is going to air before said DVDs come out. Clannad AS is going to air this year, that is a fact.
Old 2008-06-20, 06:22   Link #1288
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
The Tomoyo-OVA has already been shown to the winners of some contest, so that's obviously completed, but yeah, they're propably working on the Lucky Star OVA and Clannad AS. Which on one hand is a bit annoying because Haruhi is KyoAni's best show in my opinion, but on the other hand, Clannad and Lucky Star are both in my top 10-list of anime too, so I'm not THAT annoyed.

And I REALLY don't see how the fact that we HAVE A RELEASE DATE FOR THE AFTER STORY DVDS doesn't prove that the show is going to air before said DVDs come out. Clannad AS is going to air this year, that is a fact.
You also can't forget that Kyoto Animations is sacrificing for all the FMP! fans out there as well. I bet they've been wanting an announcement for a new season ever since the end of TSR. Yeah, compared to Haruhi, Kyoto Animations really did hit it big with Haruhi.
But since they started to do the Visual Key visual novels, fans of that fanbase are really anticipating them to animate the rest of their works as well.
Lucky*Star also hit big with Kyoto. Fans can't get enough of it...some want another season, but whats left for them after graduation though? Its a good thing that they're giving them one last thing of Lucky*Star and thats an OVA.
It really surprised me that Clannad was a huge story, so I wasn't expecting two seasons of that show.

All in all, we shouldn't worry much...if we got development sketches of season 2, then they're in the post production stage of Haruhi season 2, which in other words, they are serious of bringing the second season to their fans as fast as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
For the first episode, two words: Review. Episode.

Like what Shana II did with its first episode, sorta. Heck, they can adapt and extend the prologue of Sighs to use as the first episode, that'd work.

Watched the first episode of Shana II and I was like "WTF!? I seen this already...is this really episode 1 of the new season??!". But then I was wrong that it was just a review episode and it merged into the current story. That was a pretty clever move, but a move like this for Haruhi season 2 could make their fans turn away. Just like how misleading the first episode of Melancholy was, fans might actually get disappointed with what they see first as the newest episode of the season. Jeez, I know that some people like to judge anime shows just by the first five minutes of it...if they don't like it, they drop it...

But anyway, doing a review episode doesn't sound like a bad idea...its a good idea for fans who didn't read the novels and become confused about when did this event happened and such. I guess thats one obstacle that Kyoto is having trouble with...how to deal with the chronological order of the Haruhi nvoels.
Old 2008-06-20, 07:25   Link #1289
Vegard Aune

Quote:
You also can't forget that Kyoto Animations is sacrificing for all the FMP! fans out there as well. I bet they've been wanting an announcement for a new season ever since the end of TSR.
But then again, from what I've heard, (never read the FMP-novels) KyoAni CAN'T make another season of that one, as every single novel after End of Day by Day ends on a cliffhanger, so they don't have anywhere they could end a new season, so I wouldn't say that they're giving FMP the axe or anything, they simply can't make any more of it at the moment. Unless they do another Fumoffu, but most people agree, we don't want that.
Old 2008-06-20, 07:32   Link #1290
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
But then again, from what I've heard, (never read the FMP-novels) KyoAni CAN'T make another season of that one, as every single novel after End of Day by Day ends on a cliffhanger, so they don't have anywhere they could end a new season, so I wouldn't say that they're giving FMP the axe or anything, they simply can't make any more of it at the moment. Unless they do another Fumoffu, but most people agree, we don't want that.
OH wow, never really did read the FMP novels, but wow...so after the TSR story, the stories in each novel ended in a cliffhanger?
Thats pretty surprising. So I'm guessing, Kyoto will have to wait until the whole series of novels are done...then they can start planning on what to do.
So if ever theres another season of FMP, it will be at least 24 episodes long. No wonder I've been wondering what ever happened to FMP.

OK time to get back on topic. So pretty much the only thing standing against Haruhi season 2 being aired is Clannad ~After Story~. Lets hope that they show some trailer at the end of the After Story season about Haruhi...if its about another Visual Key adaptation, it will probably air after Haruhi season 2.
Old 2008-06-20, 10:05   Link #1291
Hedd
Random Object

So in this cesspool of my anime is bigger than your anime argument I thought I'd roll over and look at a few things. With so many claiming start times and chest thumping and armchair theories rolling around, many facts seem to be lost of the fury. From what I can figure out neither Clannad or Haruhi has any air date ~IN WRITING~. The only evidence of any air date so far is the pic posted of Lucky Star's september OVA and a vague 3rd party posting of questionable Clannad DVD dates. Ultimately noone knows anything on the matter outside of Kyoto and all it seems to have done is gotten Haruhiists and Clannadiacs throttling each others throats.

It just seems to me this is an entirely unhealthy advertisement tactic, it'll work but from what I can see so far is it's causing zeal instead of just interest.
Old 2008-06-20, 10:16   Link #1292
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
So in this cesspool of my anime is bigger than your anime argument I thought I'd roll over and look at a few things. With so many claiming start times and chest thumping and armchair theories rolling around, many facts seem to be lost of the fury. From what I can figure out neither Clannad or Haruhi has any air date ~IN WRITING~. The only evidence of any air date so far is the pic posted of Lucky Star's september OVA and a vague 3rd party posting of questionable Clannad DVD dates. Ultimately noone knows anything on the matter outside of Kyoto and all it seems to have done is gotten Haruhiists and Clannadiacs throttling each others throats.

It just seems to me this is an entirely unhealthy advertisement tactic, it'll work but from what I can see so far is it's causing zeal instead of just interest.
I fail to see what you have added to this discussion.

After Story will be out this fall, it's almost a 100% guarantee.
Old 2008-06-20, 11:30   Link #1293
mugener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
for the sake of dvd sales may be the reason, at least they need to pass 07/16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
it's almost a 100% guarantee.
you are not gonna commit suicide if it's not, are you?

here's a lesson for what is "official":
http://kyotoanimation.shop-pro.jp/?pid=8094387

an official date from an official site.

who dare to say it is a guess?

no one.

if you can't provide something like this, then

"it's a guess, which anyone can make"

Old 2008-06-20, 11:38   Link #1294
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
for the sake of dvd sales may be the reason, at least they need to pass 07/16.

you are not gonna commit suicide if it's not, are you?

here's a lesson for what is "official":
http://kyotoanimation.shop-pro.jp/?pid=8094387

an official date from an official site.

who dare to say it is a guess?

no one.

if you can't provide something like this, then

"it's a guess, which anyone can make"

Just because that's proof, doesn't make it the only proof. Interviews, which are official because they're released by a spokesman for the company or the company itself, are also proof.

Also, you said something very similar to this:

This is grass. It's a plant.
Does anyone want to dispute the fact that it's a plant? No one?
If it's not grass, then it's not a plant.
Old 2008-06-20, 12:45   Link #1295
mugener

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Just because that's proof, doesn't make it the only proof. Interviews, which are official because they're released by a spokesman for the company or the company itself, are also proof.
someone mix his guess together with official source, that's the problem.

Old 2008-06-20, 13:12   Link #1296
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
When did this become the bickering of CLANNAD? This has seriously gotten off topic.

Speculations based on sound evidence "official" still have merit. It doesn't need to "official" inorder to prove its validity. Besides, you just validated the "guess". See how easy it is?

Back on Topic: If CLANNAD will start soon enough, Spring is the soonest, if they push it again, there might be problems. We can hope it'll come at Spring but for now it's all just hope.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-06-20, 13:21   Link #1297
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
someone mix his guess together with official source, that's the problem.

If you're talking about translation, realize that reading itself is interpretation [Read: translation] of the source material. Tell me: What makes translation a guess? What grounds do you have on saying that he/she mixed his personal opinion with an official source?

Edit: Clockwork is right. I'm willing to continue this in PMs if you wish.
Old 2008-06-20, 14:01   Link #1298
mugener

*sign*

let's put it this way :

I said "kyoani may skip three seasons for an better haruhi s2."

if what I said is proved to be wrong, I'll accept the fact.

but how about you?

you all sound like what you said is true if it's not then the world is doom.

will you accept the fact if what you said is proved to be wrong?

Old 2008-06-20, 14:14   Link #1299
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
There's no problem for them pushing Haruhi again and again. Most of us have gotten used to it, the problem that its get irritating that KyoAni has been publishing information about the second season even when the actual series is in no way coming out. People can say its a marketing ploy, that's all to it.

Can you stop the bickering? I think most of us can accept being wrong, but if you'll keep rambling about the pointlessness of right and wrong then it'll make people think you're incapable of admitting your wrong.

We don't need to be right all the time, its a self-imposed illusion so that we can feel that we're more knowledgeable than other people.

I'm more worried about the tenth volume. Let's hope its long to make up for the time lost.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-06-20, 14:20   Link #1300
mugener

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
I think most of us can accept being wrong
if others are with you, then there's no problem any more.

at least they admit what they said may not be fact.

Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen