AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-08-21, 04:32   Link #21
james0246

Well, if the spoiler images are real, then it looks like not only is Sasuke getting his ass kicked every which way, but HJ can fly (8th sword ?) and the Bijuu is fully called forth in a double page spread (it is the most f*ck*d up Octopus I have ever seen , cool Minotaur head, though).

Here is the 8-Tails:

Notice a half dead Sasuke at the bottom left (under the hand). (Full credit goes to poster Rorschach (whom I stole this image from), and whoever Rorschach stole it from, leading all the way back to Shounen Jump.) And, Suigetsu is seen huddled together with the other little figures, so, just to clarify, he is not dead...yet. The fact that HJ can talk while transformed is also fairly interesting. Maybe this is what a fully controled Jinchuuriki looks like. Then again, considering that I can not make out the text clearly enough, this could just be the Hachibi talking, and not the Jinchuuriki. Still, with Sasuke half-dead, I have to wonder why HJ transformed at all.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-08-21 at 04:45.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 05:46   Link #22
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Well, if the spoiler images are real, then it looks like not only is Sasuke getting his ass kicked every which way, but HJ can fly (8th sword ?) and the Bijuu is fully called forth in a double page spread (it is the most f*ck*d up Octopus I have ever seen , cool Minotaur head, though).

Here is the 8-Tails:

Notice a half dead Sasuke at the bottom left (under the hand). (Full credit goes to poster Rorschach (whom I stole this image from), and whoever Rorschach stole it from, leading all the way back to Shounen Jump.) And, Suigetsu is seen huddled together with the other little figures, so, just to clarify, he is not dead...yet. The fact that HJ can talk while transformed is also fairly interesting. Maybe this is what a fully controled Jinchuuriki looks like. Then again, considering that I can not make out the text clearly enough, this could just be the Hachibi talking, and not the Jinchuuriki. Still, with Sasuke half-dead, I have to wonder why HJ transformed at all.
I don't get it...why does Sasuke's team keep on fighting. This is unlike Sasuke.
I don't understand why pretty much no one mentioned that either. Sasuke right now is no different than Naruto. This is a brainless brawl...no tactics...no genius moments...nothing. Totally unlike the battle Itachi vs Sasuke.

As much as i would like to see Sasuke lose...i also dislike the way that he is losing.
Unless....this was all his MS Sharingan ability..from future prediction or whatever like the movie: NEXT but then 10-30 minutes ahead.

I also would like to make one comment about the Hachibi..is it me...or is his left horn (on the right side of the picture) cut off?? His other horn seems to be okay but the other one...looks pretty bad.

Anyway with Sasuke half dead..and Suigetsu...getting back like Terminators T-1000...and the other 2 wounded...it'll be extremely hard to run away against a gigantic minotaurhead-octopus. I get the feeling we are going to see Madara very very soon. And i wonder if Sasuke's attitude will be the same once he'll witness his power.
Old 2008-08-21, 06:39   Link #23
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Definitely agree with james that the Minotaur-Octopus transformation is fully worth the double page spread. That is the stuff of nightmares. I guess that explains the bull-horn tattoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
I don't get it...why does Sasuke's team keep on fighting. This is unlike Sasuke.
I don't understand why pretty much no one mentioned that either. Sasuke right now is no different than Naruto. This is a brainless brawl...no tactics...no genius moments...nothing. Totally unlike the battle Itachi vs Sasuke.
Well according to the spoiler, Sasuke is using genjutsu against the Hachibi throughout the entire fight, but the 8-tails chakra aura makes genjutsu difficult to use. He finally uses what appears to be Tsukuyomi towards the end of chapter and actually manages to ground the Hachibi for a while. However, the Hachibi full transforms after that and Sasuke is strained from using MS.

Quote:
Anyway with Sasuke half dead..and Suigetsu...getting back like Terminators T-1000...and the other 2 wounded...it'll be extremely hard to run away against a gigantic minotaurhead-octopus.
Juugo is not wounded and coming to the rescue, but it's anyone's guess how he will be any help.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2008-08-21 at 06:53.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 08:22   Link #24
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
As much as i would like to see Sasuke lose...i also dislike the way that he is losing.
Why? He is fighting the 8 tails; a person (in demon form anyway) who is most likely nearly as strong as Kyuubi. Ignoring the fact Kishimoto is probably doing this to hype up some MS ability; alot of subtle hints have been given that this won't have been a cake walk for Sasuke.

As for the person trying to use the comparison between the Itachi fight, it is really a poor analogy. Sasuke had ample time to prepare for that fight; plus he knew what to expect from Itachi (and even here, he would have probably died in under a minute if Itachi wasnt planning to die). On the other hand, he wasn't expecting the 8 tails to be anything serious and is paying for it now.

Quote:
I get the feeling we are going to see Madara very very soon.
I doubt. Madara gave his assurance to Pein and Konan that Sasuke will capture the 8 tails. Coming to bail Sasuke out now will make Madara look foolish.
Old 2008-08-21, 08:35   Link #25
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Beside his tremendous power the Hachibi is also at this point the perfect to counter nearly all of Sasuke's abilities.
It will eventually come to the hype of at least one of Sasuke's new MS power but this fight is also meant to show off the incredible power that can pack the Bijuu both for the readers who were probably seeing Jinchuuriki as useless by now and to Sasuke whose sole interaction with Jinchuuriki were against youngster not in full possession of their power.

After this fight there will be no question in his mind about what kind of help such power could provide to his goal. It's also possible that it is set up to convince him to take Itachi's eyes regardless of his first feeling about this.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 08:51   Link #26
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:

Here is the 8-Tails:

That looks too freaky to be the 8 tails, it is so fugly! Gosh first the Tranny Arrancar on Bleach and now this!
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 11:45   Link #27
NextTime

If Madara had not said that he vouches for Sasuke being able to take the 8-tails I might feel some suspense about the outcome of this fight.
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 12:07   Link #28
yungz21

Spoiler for 413:
yungz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 12:09   Link #29
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Sasuke: What do you think you are doing? (directed towards Juugo, I would assume)

8-tail: To nullify the genjyutsu you need a partner to disturb your own chakra and wake you out of it. My partner is the 8-tail contained within me. Genjyutsu will not work on a Jinchuuriki that has controlled its tailed beast.

Karin: !

...can't read the next frame...

Ends with 8-tail saying: Now that's a monster worth looking at! Jinchuu-transformation, Yeah~!
wow.... so if naruto can pull his head out of kyuubi's ass
he'll be able to pwn an uchiha?
go kishi!
Old 2008-08-21, 12:25   Link #30
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

This is interesting because that would mean Naruto's current weakness to Genjutsu would be dealt with thanks to a "key training" through the Kyubi instead of Itachi's power... Which beg to question what this power will be about then.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 12:30   Link #31
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Yeah, but the Kyuubi might be a special case because the Sharingan seems to have particular control over it compared to the other bijuu. Will the genjutsu immunity be much good if Sharingan can control/suppress the Kyuubi chakra?

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 13:53   Link #32
james0246

Does anyone else think that Juugo may give Sasuke a Cusre Seal?
Old 2008-08-21, 14:04   Link #33
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
but this fight is also meant to show off the incredible power that can pack the Bijuu both for the readers who were probably seeing Jinchuuriki as useless by now
You know, maybe he could have just done this with all the tailed beasts. It would have made the Yugito debacle much less embarassing, for sure...

Also, the minoctopus looks like Pantyhose Taro from Ranma 1/2...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 14:40   Link #34
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Does anyone else think that Juugo may give Sasuke a Cusre Seal?
I would get very angry at that, cos we finally get rid of Tranny Sasuke during the Itachi fight then he gets the MS which is a big enough power up itself, adding CS to it will be like expanding the gap between Naruto and Sasuke:

Part II Naruto--------------gap----------------Part II Sasuke
Part II Naruto--------------gap-----------Part II Sasuke (after FRS training)
Part II Naruto--------------gap-------------Part II Sasuke (after loss of CS and Oro but gain of MS)
The if he gets the CS again
Part II Naruto--------------gap--------------------------Part II Sasuke
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 14:53   Link #35
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
It's also possible that it is set up to convince him to take Itachi's eyes regardless of his first feeling about this.
There's more of a chance of Sasuke & Karin making out next chapter.

-

I guess Orochimaru sama taught Hachibi to control his Bijuu properly. That's the only reason that would explain how he's a little good. I bet we'll get a flashback next week of Orochimaru sama. I can't wait.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 14:59   Link #36
Ashura5000

Send a message via MSN to Ashura5000
Ya'know, I'd actually fergotten about the cursed seal dealio.

It would be quite annoyinhg/amusing if this all turned out to be Genjustu and 8Tails is just lying on the ground, foaming at the mouth naturally, as Hebi drag him away.
Old 2008-08-21, 15:10   Link #37
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
I would get very angry at that, cos we finally get rid of Tranny Sasuke during the Itachi fight then he gets the MS which is a big enough power up itself, adding CS to it will be like expanding the gap between Naruto and Sasuke:

Part II Naruto--------------gap----------------Part II Sasuke
Part II Naruto--------------gap-----------Part II Sasuke (after FRS training)
Part II Naruto--------------gap-------------Part II Sasuke (after loss of CS and Oro but gain of MS)
The if he gets the CS again
Part II Naruto--------------gap--------------------------Part II Sasuke
I don't know about that. Naruto with Senjutsu (which can't be copied), Hermit Mode (which can't be copied), Itachi's gift, a possible "that" jutsu, and Kyuubi seems to greatly outweight Sasuke with MS...right now, I will reserve full judgement until I see Sasuke's 3rd MS ability. If it is as good as Susanoo, then Sasuke will still be ahead, but only a little bit.

Then again, I do not mind Naruto entering the fight with Sasuke clearly ahead. In fact, please give Sasuke another Power-Up. That will make his defeat all the more sweet .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashura5000 View Post
It would be quite annoyinhg/amusing if this all turned out to be Genjustu and 8Tails is just lying on the ground, foaming at the mouth naturally, as Hebi drag him away.
Since we are dealing with Genjutsu, that is what a great many genjutsu detractors, myself included, expect and fear the most.
Old 2008-08-21, 15:12   Link #38
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

8-tails has an older brother? I wonder how strong he is?
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 15:19   Link #39
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe
8-tails has an older brother? I wonder how strong he is?
Hachibi reacted to the word 'Akatsuki' right? Maybe he died protecting his brother from Akatsuki years ago. Since Madara vouched for Sasuke to capture him..

Maybe it was Orochimaru&Sasori who got him =)
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 15:21   Link #40
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
That will make his defeat all the more sweet .
I don't really see Naruto and Sasuke fighting against each other again. Might be more of a case of teaming up to fight the common enemy (Madara) or Naruto taking over where Sasuke fails in a fight (like with Gaara).
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote