AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-04-09, 05:28   Link #37841
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kireen View Post
As for the linker-core the truth is that i was thinking of him swithcing to a body made through project Fate after A's, and getting one in the process, or getting his soul transfered into an Unison Device-lke body, or heck even a combat cyborg body, if they can have it inside a puppet, they can put it insde something else.
Wait who's doing the soul transfer? Because if it's Touko or some other nasu magus their lack of familiarity with Unison Devices and Cyborgs would sadly put that idea to the shelf because I doubt they would do that; so many things could go wrong and risk the soul of the person involved.

...Oh God who am I kidding, Touko would probably try that if she gets the offer, just because. Poor Shirou, this will end badly.
Old 2013-04-09, 05:31   Link #37842
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster

Quote:
As for the reason why he doesn't use Gae Bolg from the start, it's because he's dealing with childeren at the beginning, and my Shirou is not a mid of steel Shirou, and in the Wolkies case he'll try, but seeing that Vita can walk around and trash things with her heart pierced makes that useless. And also the Wolkies can be revived until the book gets fixed.
Regarding Gae Bolg, if it's "Always Pierces the Heart" feature is used then even Wolkies wouldn't survive

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Gae_Bolg

Quote:
The attack delivers damage equal to the opponent's own health limit plus the damage from the spear itself, so the wound will be fatal no matter the opponent once they are struck. If the target has "100HP", the attack will deliver "the damage caused by the spear + 100", making it a surety that they will die.[3] This makes it especially effective against those with high durability, even those who can survive being hit by Excalibur.[5] Even someone like Arcueid Brunestud, who is very much superior in numbers compared to Lancer would be killed as long as she wasn't saved by her luck.[6] There is a small disadvantage against Servants who can move around even without their hearts like Heracles. The wounds from its attacks are rather clean, spilling only a small amount of blood compared to a regular wound of comparable size, and while a heart would normally explode from such a strike, it instead stops working with the singe strike.
Although I'd agree that Vita would be able to move for a bit afterwards and the Book could resurrect her.
In terms of Servant abilities Vita would probably have Battle Continuation.
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 05:36   Link #37843
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

^Uh, that's the "Spear of Impaling Barbed Death" feature. Also know as the "Your heart is already pierced because of the spear".
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 05:37   Link #37844
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
^Uh, that's the "Spear of Impaling Barbed Death" feature. Also know as the "Your heart is already pierced because of the spear".
Details, details [waves it away]
Old 2013-04-09, 05:40   Link #37845
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

... Details are really important stuff in Nasu you know.
Old 2013-04-09, 05:42   Link #37846
Andarkoshi

Quote:
... Details are really important stuff in Nasu you know.
I know I'm just teasing ^^ That's one of the reasons why I try to keep away from that world... too many rules, I hate rules...
Old 2013-04-09, 06:31   Link #37847
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andarkoshi View Post
I know I'm just teasing ^^ That's one of the reasons why I try to keep away from that world... too many rules, I hate rules...
Well, duh, mathematical rules are still rules, I'd like to know waht happens if a Nanoverse character manage to get a division by zero if they make a mistake during the casting XD.

Or is that how the Zero Effect works, it would make sense.

And BTW i was thinking exactly of Touko with the assitance of Mariel and Yuuno while they build Zwei, who's going to be there even if they manage to save the first Reinforce. She's the one that made the first body, and the one he uses at the beginning of the story (more suited for fighting than the first that tended to break more easily), and she wouldn't miss a chance to experiment and have Shirou owe her one. (It took him quite abit of time to repay her for the second version, and it had not been pleasant for him to be in her debt, while she seemed to ejoy it quite a bit).
Kireen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 07:59   Link #37848
Twi

Kareen, drop me a PM when you write the story. This has my interest, so I'll Beta it for you.
Old 2013-04-09, 08:32   Link #37849
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Thanks in advance , but i fear that it will take a while before i have something ready.
Old 2013-04-09, 11:00   Link #37850
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Were those references to a fanfic?
References to several fanfics in the beast's lair.
Old 2013-04-12, 03:36   Link #37851
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Someone killed the fanfic thread!

so lonely thread... no one visits you...
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 04:33   Link #37852
Twi

Well, we ran out of things to speculate about...

But I can try to dig something up....

Okay, how's this:

Yuuno declines a position at the Infinite Library and the TSAB doesn't allow Fate to join because of her actions under Precia (let's say they forgive her, but not enough to let her join) so they continue their lives as archeologists?

There aren't enough Yuuno stories around.
Old 2013-04-12, 04:37   Link #37853
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post

Okay, how's this:

Yuuno declines a position at the Infinite Library and the TSAB doesn't allow Fate to join because of her actions under Precia (let's say they forgive her, but not enough to let her join) so they continue their lives as archeologists?

There aren't enough Yuuni stories around.

Yuuni = Yuuno Chuuni?
Old 2013-04-12, 04:50   Link #37854
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post

Okay, how's this:

There aren't enough Yuuno stories around.
I agree with the fact that there aren't enough Yuuno stores around, but that scenario is quite unlikely since the TSAB is short handed and would not miss the chance to add an AAA+ mage to their ranks.

It's easier to have Yuuno refuse the position and go around on his own and have the main cast appear every once in while since he's bound to find out dangerous Lost Logia given his luck.
Old 2013-04-12, 05:06   Link #37855
Hoki
Professor Lech

Quote:
I agree with the fact that there aren't enough Yuuno stores around, but that scenario is quite unlikely since the TSAB is short handed and would not miss the chance to add an AAA+ mage to their ranks.

It's easier to have Yuuno refuse the position and go around on his own and have the main cast appear every once in while since he's bound to find out dangerous Lost Logia given his luck.
Next thing we know he'll don a brown hat and grab a whip, then go into dangerous caves as he searches for long lost artifacts...

*cue music* (you know the one)

Yuuno Scrya and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Old 2013-04-12, 05:08   Link #37856
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

The whip is an emergency, seeing as he can probably use Chain Bind to pull himself to dangerous places.
Though I agree that a story about Yuuno and his archeological works would be interesting.
Old 2013-04-12, 05:14   Link #37857
Hoki
Professor Lech

Quote:
The whip is an emergency, seeing as he can probably use Chain Bind to pull himself to dangerous places.
Though I agree that a story about Yuuno and his archeological works would be interesting.
Don't you mean pull himself OUT of dangerous places?

You make it sound like Yuuno actively wants to get himself in trouble.
Old 2013-04-12, 05:29   Link #37858
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

^Crap. I meant to put safe put somehow typed in dangerous.
Old 2013-04-12, 05:35   Link #37859
Hoki
Professor Lech

Well, aside from that, my theory is, Yuuno doesn't always stay at the infinity library. He goes out from time to time, giving lectures and stuff, and also helping out at archeological sites as per his original work. After all, you can't really build a reputation of being a respected scholar if all you do is man a big ass library.
Old 2013-04-12, 05:36   Link #37860
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Indiana Scrya? Yuuno Raider?

Must have rolling balls of rock and elegant traps with spikes.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha