AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-09-10, 07:10   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 416 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 07:33   Link #2
uchihahyuuga
Sharingan

I have high hopes for this manga. I'm hoping that pein is back and some more naruto buffs. I think we are done with sasuke for a while, unless it's going to say what his plan is but I think they'll save that. SOME GET A SPOLIER I'M DYING HERE LOL (first post OH YEAH!)
uchihahyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 07:34   Link #3
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I can't imagine Hachibi to be dead. If he was, there'd suddenly be no way for Akatsuki for accomplish their goals. Pein wouldn't have to chase Naruto, the whole pressure'd be done for.

I am looking forward to seeing that Hachibi has survived, but the fight is over for now and Sasuke knows that he still has to improve. Then it'll be switched to Naruto's training progress and in the end he'll get one step clother to mastering sage arts.

That's my estimation.
Old 2008-09-10, 07:49   Link #4
Rahan

Short spoilers and pics are out.
There is a discussion between Madara and Sasuke. Sasuke shows him his MS (people are claiming it's a flashback, but I am not sure considering his shirt is ragged and seems tired. I think Sasuke took Itachi's eyes. There even seems to be a light scar ahead of his eye). I guess we need a translation to learn what it's about.

Naruto reads the book and cry (long time he hadn't cry)
Raikage is informed. He looks complete fodder.
Spoiler for pics:
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 08:03   Link #5
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Spoiler for Fucking greatness:
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 08:15   Link #6
Rahan

More from the same spoiler guy
Spoiler:

That part is obviously not flashback, but the whole conversation Sasuke Bateman posted was, so it's kinda confusing he had a Naruto flashback after that. I guess the guy who said he would give his body willingly to Oro strike again.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 08:19   Link #7
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Well it's about time things started moving on...
Old 2008-09-10, 08:32   Link #8
mayhem

Christ....hahaha, sasuke'd not going to go crazy and kill everyone... I'll believe that when I see it... he's probably just thinking about going to help protect naruto not knowing he really isn't there or kill the higher ups.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 09:57   Link #9
mrsticky005
Banned

I honestly believe Sasuke is just telling Madara want Madara wants to hear.
However Madara probably has already taken this into consideration.
Evidence for this theory includes but is not limited to:

1. Sasuke says that he lied to Team Hawk. However Sasuke has been with Team Hawk quite a bit longer than he has with Madara. Sasuke should trust them before Madara and he probably
does. It be like Naruto trusting Kakuzu before trusting Sai.

2. Sasuke has already stated before that he wishes to kill Madara. Although the same could be said about him and Itachi, Sasuke now has a reason to not hate Itachi anymore.
Sasuke has plenty of reason to hate Madara. Think about it: Itachi killed the clan because he had to, Madara killed the clan because he WANTED to.

3. Sasuke is a ninja. Deceit is the way of the ninja. Never forget this.

4. Sasuke wouldn't be stupid enough to flat out say to Madara that he's actually conspiring against him.

5. Itachi told Sasuke before that Madara was evil.

6. Would you trust someone who actually took their brother's eyes?
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 09:59   Link #10
elusive

I can't tell if sasuke is serious or trying to trick madara. no way does he trust madara.

since pein is going to konoha wtf is gonna happen when sasuke shows up unnanounced?
elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 10:09   Link #11
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Way to go Sasuke. That is the way you should be so that you can have an extremely painful death (be it emotional or physical) in the hands of the one you will want to kill the most, in other words, Naruto. Hopefully the spoiler becomes real, and he becomes one of the evil. His smile after Itachi died was a good signal for that. Now I am happy it is indeed becoming real. The story needs excitement, and turning Sasuke into a crazy piece of sh.. is the right thing to do.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 10:33   Link #12
elusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It were only a few days... IMHO he has no reason to trust them at all. I think he always just thought of using them for his own means, throwing them away as soon as he doesn't need them anymore.
the way they saved him and his team 7 flashback shows that he trusts them. they may be pawns but he trusts them.
elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 10:35   Link #13
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
i was just about to say that. sasuke can't have a will of fire moment then go and destroy it

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 10:44   Link #14
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
1. Sasuke says that he lied to Team Hawk. However Sasuke has been with Team Hawk quite a bit longer than he has with Madara. Sasuke should trust them before Madara and he probably
does. It be like Naruto trusting Kakuzu before trusting Sai.
There is no reason to tell them anything yet. Other than Suigetsu, there is no one there who would want to kill innocent people. And, even for Suigetsu that may not really be the case. Besides knowing someone and telling them everything is not always related.
Quote:
2. Sasuke has already stated before that he wishes to kill Madara. Although the same could be said about him and Itachi, Sasuke now has a reason to not hate Itachi anymore.
Sasuke has plenty of reason to hate Madara. Think about it: Itachi killed the clan because he had to, Madara killed the clan because he WANTED to.
Right now, who is the one that is feeding Sasuke's emotions the most? Itachi or Madara. Of course, Itachi. Hence, his don't do will should come first, in the shape of killing people of Konoha. Madara is someone he wouldn't mind using for that. And, we already know Sasuke is capable of hanging out with the likes of Madara and using them, before trying to kill them. He would make a good politician.

Quote:
3. Sasuke is a ninja. Deceit is the way of the ninja. Never forget this.
He has never used any kind of deceit regarding his intent about Itachi. If I am not mistaken, he was always telling what he was really feeling.

Quote:
4. Sasuke wouldn't be stupid enough to flat out say to Madara that he's actually conspiring against him.
Of course he won't. Sasuke might be leaving him alive (well, he is that strong, even at the beginning of his fight against the pure Hachibi, no reason for any buts) for now so that he can use him as much as he can. (and of course, so that the story can become a South American soap opera)

Quote:
5. Itachi told Sasuke before that Madara was evil.
He was quite aware that Orochimaru was evil before going after him. That is the guy we are talking about. He is not Naruto, and he is not his brother.

Quote:
6. Would you trust someone who actually took their brother's eyes?
Sasuke might be thinking, who cares about the body parts of the death? The body he damaged all over during his fight. At best, that would remind him of his bad deeds. Nothing more. And Madara has already told Sasuke what he did. So, guessing that to be happening on Itachi to make Sasuke even stronger was quite expected, even for someone who has almost 'average intelligence'.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 11:18   Link #15
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I gotta agree with mrsticky on this one. It's more than likely Sasuke is just trying to get Madara to let his guard down. He did the same thing to Oro, telling Team 7 that he was completely willing to give up his body. We all know how that turned out.

Of course, I would love it if Sasuke turned into a cold-blooded sociopath but I really don't see that happening, especially with the flashback he just had. I still think he wants revenge on the 3-higher-ups but that's about it.

The Raikage is an old guy, which means he's going to kick ass (beside the obvious fact that he's a Kage). Because old guys always kick ass, though they usually tend to get taken down eventually in Naruto. So yeah, he's probably going to be a victim for Madara.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 11:47   Link #16
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
i was just about to say that. sasuke can't have a will of fire moment then go and destroy it
Lol, I feel like the spoiler is fake but I won't be able to read the chapter ah well
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 12:20   Link #17
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
its prob all a lie. he will go to ko ho na and kill the leaders and then sasuke will come face to face with naruto and will say,"time to die" then pain will say, "not today little man" and kill sasuke.
Old 2008-09-10, 12:27   Link #18
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I gotta agree with mrsticky on this one. It's more than likely Sasuke is just trying to get Madara to let his guard down. He did the same thing to Oro, telling Team 7 that he was completely willing to give up his body. We all know how that turned out.

Of course, I would love it if Sasuke turned into a cold-blooded sociopath but I really don't see that happening, especially with the flashback he just had. I still think he wants revenge on the 3-higher-ups but that's about it.
Yeah, I would love if Sasuke finally popped his cherry and stopped this goody goody behavior to go all the way into the bloodfeud but quite frankly I think it's mostly an act for Madara just like his past behavior about Orochimaru.
I wouldn't bet Sasuke himself is fully certain at this point when he lies and when he doesn't though, this kid is a mess.
He might have been sincere though but even then I think there is a reason this scene was shown within a flashback, so technically before his last team 7 flashback...

Oh well one can only hope.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-09-10 at 12:39.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 12:34   Link #19
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post

But, as you mention, we have already seen this type of story (Sasuke disguising his true intentions in order to "use" an "evil" villain), so why would Kishimoto repeat this basic storyline, yet again?

I suspect that we are going to find out that either Sasuke is being 100% honest (he wants to destroy all of Konoha), or something new and unique (like Madara implanted a device/genjutsu in Sasuke when he was asleep that makes him susceptible to Madara's desires). I will say either of the options I listed here would be far more interesting than the "actor" route.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 12:35   Link #20
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
But, as you mention, we have already seen this type of story (Sasuke disguising his true intentions in order to "use" an "evil" villain), so why would Kishimoto repeat this basic storyline, yet again?

I suspect that we are going to find out that either Sasuke is being 100% honest (he wants to destroy all of Konoha), or something new and unique (like Madara implanted a device/genjutsu in Sasuke when he was asleep that makes him susceptible to Madara's desires). I will say either of the options I listed here would be far more interesting than the "actor" route.
aren't you giving kishi to much credit....

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote