AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-11-05, 08:25   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 424 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-11-19 at 07:36.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 08:36   Link #2
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

First!!!
Yeah I finally got first post
BOYAH!

I really hope Kakashi isn't dead.
Old 2008-11-05, 08:39   Link #3
Gamma_Sennin

hmm well... kakashi lives yay... for a few more pages anyways... i think they finally confirmed the spoilers...

something about danzo plotting to become hokage <-- not sure about that...

chouza dies, and kakashi saves chouji as he escapes to reveal info on pains power to tsunade... next week looks like it might be a flash back chapter for kakashi.... but i guess well wait and see for more updates on spoilers
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 08:39   Link #4
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Danzou goes underground with his subordinates. His aim seems to be becoming Hokage.

Scene changes to Kakashi and co.

Cyouji's Dad dies protecting Kakashi.

Cyouji starts running, Pain sends missiles at him.

Kakashi With my current Chakra whole body is impossible, also if i use it once more my whole chakra will be depleted(i will most certailny die))

Kakashi: (But giving info the people alive is the best option we have now)

*Sound of missiles disappering*

Kakashi: It seems this is it...Obito...Rin....

This spoiler looks real to me...
Looks like Kakashi plans to use MS (meaning the nail didn't hit his eye) to save the rest of the nin around him, but believes it will cost his own life.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 08:53   Link #5
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Or someone will show up in the nick of time to save him...Tsunade?

Naruto???
Old 2008-11-05, 08:59   Link #6
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Or someone will show up in the nick of time to save him...Tsunade?

Naruto???
U may be right... if that is the last page... we dont actually see kakashi dead... so after discussing whether he lives/dies for the past week.. we are stuck with the exact same question...

As for the danzo part.. we finally see his intentions... bad sign for tsunade? maybe death or being driven out.... naruto leader of the resistance scenario? time skip? hmm more questions no answers *pulls hair out*
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 09:16   Link #7
Fran~
floating away...

Another Cliffhanger...

Fran dies...

ah, come on... there is a lot of people who can show up, please Kishi blessed us with a Dynamic Entry!
Danzou, you are so dead... only for think what you are thinking.
Old 2008-11-05, 09:31   Link #8
nydude20

yea where the hell are the other shinobi
nydude20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 09:54   Link #9
Josh Uzumaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydude20 View Post
yea where the hell are the other shinobi
celebrating Obamas victory ;p

i cant believe that kakashi might be sacrifice himself. what a heroic ending for him, possible redemption for sucking in the recent past
Josh Uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 10:49   Link #10
justavisitor

I doubt Kakashi will die because there is no forshadowing lol

Besides, who can teach Naruto now when every senior is dead? Tsunade has to reamin in the village or Danzou will take over...so Naruto can only rely on the old frog from now on?

Come on, Kakashi, please live...you are the only one I still consider as elite ninja...other one has become immortal already XD
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 10:59   Link #11
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Is it really confirmed that Chouji's dad dies protecting Kakashi?
Old 2008-11-05, 11:08   Link #12
tatami
back in black

hate fake spoilers when there is a cliffhanger episode...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 11:16   Link #13
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
Is it really confirmed that Chouji's dad dies protecting Kakashi?
It seems... at least...

@Tatami: the spoiler is confirmed. Kakashi is facing the same doubt that Jiraiya, sacrifice himself and dont waste Chouji's dad sacrifice for Pain's info.
Old 2008-11-05, 11:55   Link #14
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

It says Choji's dad died protecting Choji. Man, Kishi really likes to mess with Team 10. I am expecting Ino and Shika's dads to bite the bullet now. And Chouza was just in the anime this week. Poor fat guy.

People will be ticked if the great Kakashi dies for Choji of all ninja. That's only a higher step up from giving his life up for Tenten.

But now it's to the point where Kishi might have written himself into a hole. This is not Kakashi getting offed by a single nail. That is Kakashi giving up his life for Konoha and to save one of the kids. And like Fran wrote, to give information just like Jiraiya and Asuma, so none of the ninja who Pain just killed died needlessly. Kakashi also mentioned Obito and Rin. He is ready to die. The next chapter could be all Kakashi flashbacks.

If Kakashi doesn't die, then what was the point? There is nothing worse than fake out deaths. Kishi might have gone too far down that road where pulling back actually hurts the story and character even more. Having an epic death because of a noble sacrifice is the greatest thing a character can achieve in shonen.

Who still likes Danzou? The frog killer is hiding in a bunker.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 12:31   Link #15
vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Sennin View Post
As for the danzo part.. we finally see his intentions... bad sign for tsunade? maybe death or being driven out.... naruto leader of the resistance scenario? time skip? hmm more questions no answers *pulls hair out*
That sounds like a code geass crossover.
vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 12:31   Link #16
james0246

Damn, I was hoping the spoiler where Kakashi is turned into a Pain drone was the correct one. Oh well, at least Chouza died, even if his death and appearance were a bit pointless (let's kill the fat guy who has been in three chapters of the entire manga ).

Your next...Shino's dad. And then Pain's going to find you...Tenten's possible relatives. And let's not forget the epic struggle against Kiba's mom. And finally, for the creme de la creme, the final showdown between Pain and the Ramen Guy and Girl...

Kishimoto really knows how to go for the deaths we, as an audience, (absolutely do not) care about .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 13:32   Link #17
shankss
CP10

Cool! The useless fatas% guy finally died! I wouldnt be so surprised if Chouji becomes strongest ninja in series all in a sudden and wtfpawns Pein 6-7 eposides later!
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 14:08   Link #18
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
kakashi is saved and im sure he gets saved twice this chapter. He needs his own full blown flashback. Just saying obito and rin isnt good enough, we need black page flashbacks.
Old 2008-11-05, 14:16   Link #19
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
kakashi is saved and im sure he gets saved twice this chapter. He needs his own full blown flashback. Just saying obito and rin isnt good enough, we need black page flashbacks.
If Sasuke was able to summon Manda + use genjutsu on Manda after being out of chakra then there's definitely good chance that Kakashi does not die from simply being out of chakra. There's still a good chance that Gai arrives to handle Pain and Tsunade heals Kakashi. Tsunade's power as hokage is definitely saving lives, she saved Neji and Chouji who were both practically dead. Tsunade as a combat ninja is not too good, so i'm sure Kishi gave her some super-human life-saving abilities, she already demonstrated it many times (she also saved Lee) so i expect if she dies now then before her death she will show amazing powers and save many great ninja before she dies.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 14:26   Link #20
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
If Sasuke was able to summon Manda + use genjutsu on Manda after being out of chakra then there's definitely good chance that Kakashi does not die from simply being out of chakra. There's still a good chance that Gai arrives to handle Pain and Tsunade heals Kakashi. Tsunade's power as hokage is definitely saving lives, she saved Neji and Chouji who were both practically dead. Tsunade as a combat ninja is not too good, so i'm sure Kishi gave her some super-human life-saving abilities, she already demonstrated it many times (she also saved Lee) so i expect if she dies now then before her death she will show amazing powers and save many great ninja before she dies.
Sasuke had help from Suigetsu with Madara. Anyway, the difference though is that Sasuke was part of the original 15 genin. They are immortal. Kakashi is not. The entire theme of Shippuden is the young taking over for the old. You protect the next generation. I see the setup as Danzou/Madara/Pain vs. Naruto's generation.

And what exactly is the purpose of Kakashi living now after he just made his noble sacrifice and accepted death? Outside of meeting Sasuke and his popularity, I don't see anything.

Kakashi's flashbacks can occur next chapter.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote