Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-10, 17:39   Link #81
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel View Post
Do you believe Doflamingo would have been able to control Zoro or Luffy with his strings and/or give them a good cut(s) so quickly like he did with Sanji?
Since he managed to restrain Jozu (albeit he was focused on dealing with Croc and was thus caught off-guard), I'm inclined to believe he would have done the same to Zoro or Luffy.

By the way, welcome to the forum .

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-10-11 at 11:53. Reason: Removed pointless quote and reply to it.
Old 2013-10-10, 19:25   Link #82
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Out of Zoro, Luffy and Sanji I'd say Sanji would be the least disadvantaged in the air seeing as how can walk on it and what not....
I agree.But doesn't Sanji have to keep kicking to stay in the air as opposed to Doflamingo who somehow manages to stay in the air by attaching his string(s) to a cloud(s) and/or posibly some-thing else?

It seems to me that Doflamingo has the advantage.
Old 2013-10-10, 19:32   Link #83
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
I agree.But doesn't Sanji have to keep kicking to stay in the air as opposed to Doflamingo who somehow manages to stay in the air by attaching his string(s) to a cloud(s) and/or posibly some-thing else?

It seems to me that Doflamingo has the advantage.
That's true. Maybe it taxes his stamina? Although I'd imagine it wouldn't be that taxing if he can travel between countries via spidey swings
Old 2013-10-10, 19:38   Link #84
JonSnow

Chapter 724 is actually one of the best chapters of the Dressrosa arc so far. I mean we Doflamingo using named attacks and Fujitora casually sending meteors and levitating a battleship while eating ramen. Can it get any better than that? Not to mention Law over powered df. If a supernova can get that powerful in 2 years, they migh end up replacing the yonkos in the coming years.

I hope that this is not the reason why Law's all pissed with Doflamingo:
Old 2013-10-10, 19:59   Link #85
Dany Rangel

[QUOTE=Blackbeard D. Kuma;4865286]Since he managed to restrain Jozu (albeit he was focused on dealing with Croc and was thus caught off-guard), I'm inclined to believe he would have done the same to Zoro or Luffy.

By the way, welcome to the forum .QUOTE]

What about giving them good cuts as fast as he did to sanji?

Is the secret to controlling some-one who is strong getting them off-guard?
Would it not work on some-one who has a strong armament haki?
Smoker mentioned to Tashigi that her armament haki was not strong enough to block Law's ability(s),right?
Is it the same for Doflamingo's ability?
If so,Sanji's armament haki was not strong enough to block Doflamingo's ability or it is strong enough but he did not use it because he had no idea Doflamingo's ability could control him therefore he got controlled.

Do you believe Law could get controlled even if he is not caught off-guard?

Thanks for the welcome.

Last edited by Dany Rangel; 2013-10-10 at 20:10. Reason: What I did not write was not highlighted.Sorry probably my fault.
Old 2013-10-10, 20:24   Link #86
JonSnow

Quote:

Smoker mentioned to Tashigi that her armament haki was not strong enough to block Law's ability(s),right?
If so,Sanji's armament haki was not strong enough to block Doflamingo's ability or it is strong enough but he did not use it because he had no idea Doflamingo's ability could control him therefore he got controlled.

I believe that Doflamingo's strings will stop Law if it catches him. But Law's room can cut the strings too. He's a perfect match for Joker.

Now regarding Sanji, his armament is not strong enough to withstand Doflamingo's strings. Luffy's armament will probably protect him from getting cut or sliced.
Old 2013-10-10, 20:25   Link #87
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Chapter 724 is actually one of the best chapters of the Dressrosa arc so far. I mean we Doflamingo using named attacks and Fujitora casually sending meteors and levitating a battleship while eating ramen. Can it get any better than that? Not to mention Law over powered df. If a supernova can get that powerful in 2 years, they migh end up replacing the yonkos in the coming years.

I hope that this is not the reason why Law's all pissed with Doflamingo:
I believe it could get better than that.

Come on,don't post gay images.I got nothing against gays but they do/have caused uncomfort.I am not gay.

I really doubt that is the reason Law hates Doflamingo.
You're just being perververted/funny,right?
Old 2013-10-10, 20:29   Link #88
Dany Rangel

Quote:
I believe that Doflamingo's strings will stop Law if it catches him. But Law's room can cut the strings too. He's a perfect match for Joker.

Now regarding Sanji, his armament is not strong enough to withstand Doflamingo's strings. Luffy's armament will probably protect him from getting cut or sliced.
I doubt Luffy would be immune to Doflamingo's cuts/slices.
Old 2013-10-10, 22:34   Link #89
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:

Thanks for the welcome.
Luffy would most likely get cut seeing as how Fishman Island demonstrated that he's still not impervious to piercing/sharp attacks (Hodi Jones' bite caused quite an injury). Zoro perhaps may fare better since armored Haki is his specialty.

We still need to completely learn the mechanics behind Doflamingo's string ability. There's probably a way of circumventing his puppeteering, at the very least. I'm sure we'll find out in this arc.

You're welcome .
Old 2013-10-10, 23:00   Link #90
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Doflamingo's strings and him controlling people like a puppet or stopping them in place could involve another persons strength or willpower. If that is so then those things may not work against Luffy.

Jozu may have been really strong but Luffy has shown he can surpass even that after 2 years. Consider Luffy's many strength feats in the past before you reject that.
And it's obvious that Luffy would have a stronger willpower than those who we've seen controlled by Doflamingo. Either way those strings work I highly doubt it will have much of an effect on Luffy.
Observation and Armament haki can do so much.

I see it like this. No matter what Doflamingo tries with his ability he's still going to get his little ass kicked, wouldn't you people agree?
Old 2013-10-10, 23:05   Link #91
BPD Renegade

Not really going to get into this "power level" argument, but something to keep in mind before blasting each other apart is that One Piece power levels aren't linearly ordered. Recall Luffy, Magellan, Mr. 3 and their abilities. Luffy v. Magellan led to almost instant KO for Luffy, while Mr. 3 v. Magellan forced the latter to put in his best. Does this imply that Mr. 3 > Luffy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You know what the funny thing is? marvelB, too, subscribes to the notion of the monster trio. So you've just proven your incompetence in that you don't know how to read. Furthermore, that's what Oda has depicted thus far throughout the story, meaning you haven't been paying any attention at all to how the strength is in the strawhat crew.

Newcomers to this forum keep getting worse and worse. You spout this is nonsense and that's nonsense without even refuting others' viewpoints. What about the monster trio is "crap", as you put it? I eagerly await your response.
Whoa, whoa! Let's not go overboard on the anti-newcomer fest lest we delve deeper on a dark path of fallacies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
That's what I thought too. It would be interesting, if the Strawhats had to escape the Admiral instead of a massive brawl with the Donquixote Pirates, after destroying the factory.

I'm really hyped for the conclusion of this arc with all those different interests in the mix.
Yes, after all the set-up, things are finally moving along. I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, as far as Sanji goes, since he now seems to be the leader of the group heading to Zou, I think this could make things very interesting, as I said earlier. I mean, just imagine if we actually had two arcs running concurrently (Luffy's group in Dressrosa, Sanji's group in Zou). That would most certainly be a first for this series!
That would be awesome. On the downside though, it would give Oda an excuse to give us even more cliffhangers... Realistically, though, I've the feeling that Oda is going to do what he normally does and let this arc play out, then cover what happens to the Zou-crew in flashbacks.

Quote:
I doubt it. Doflamingo controls people with his strings. In addition to what JonSnow said, Law's DF ability makes it so that as long as there's something lying around, he can just switch places and get out of the strings.

Quote:
We still need to completely learn the mechanics behind Doflamingo's string ability. There's probably a way of circumventing his puppeteering, at the very least. I'm sure we'll find out in this arc.
That makes me think of something. The Fire fruit could end up being some sort of Chekhov's gun in defeating Doflamingo. In the end, we could see the new fruit user burning the strings to a crisp and completely negating Doflamingo's ability... or we could see Flaming Strings of Doom.
Old 2013-10-10, 23:13   Link #92
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Not really going to get into this "power level" argument, but something to keep in mind before blasting each other apart is that One Piece power levels aren't linearly ordered. Recall Luffy, Magellan, Mr. 3 and their abilities. Luffy v. Magellan led to almost instant KO for Luffy, while Mr. 3 v. Magellan forced the latter to put in his best. Does this imply that Mr. 3 > Luffy?
Blocking an attack with wax has nothing to do with power levels.
Magellan couldn't even land one hit on Luffy during all their fights.
Luffy had to hit Magellan to get damaged.

As soon as Luffy used the Wax Wax Armor he whooped Magellans little ass.
Then Magellan resorted to his pathetic low class hacking, red, infectious poison because he was losing.

So no. Luffy > Magellan > Mr. 3
Old 2013-10-10, 23:21   Link #93
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Luffy would most likely get cut seeing as how Fishman Island demonstrated that he's still not impervious to piercing/sharp attacks (Hodi Jones' bite caused quite an injury). Zoro perhaps may fare better since armored Haki is his specialty.

You're welcome .
I don't believe luffy only has his armament to rely on.
Do you believe luffy wont be able to dodge Doflamingos attempts to cut him or stab him if he is not immobilized by Doflamingo's controlling ability?
I read the SBS that said Zoro's specialty in Haki is armored Haki but thus far since the time-skip,I have not seen him use better armored Haki than luffy
if the black armored haki is indeed a more advanced haki.I suppose well see soon enough if the writer's claims match what will be seen in the supposed coming chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
Doflamingo's strings and him controlling people like a puppet or stopping them in place could involve another persons strength or willpower. If that is so then those things may not work against Luffy.

Jozu may have been really strong but Luffy has shown he can surpass even that after 2 years. Consider Luffy's many strength feats in the past before you reject that.
And it's obvious that Luffy would have a stronger willpower than those who we've seen controlled by Doflamingo. Either way those strings work I highly doubt it will have much of an effect on Luffy.
Observation and Armament haki can do so much.

I see it like this. No matter what Doflamingo tries with his ability he's still going to get his little ass kicked, wouldn't you people agree?
Im not sure if Doflamingo is going to get beat up.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-10-11 at 12:00. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Old 2013-10-10, 23:29   Link #94
BPD Renegade

Quote:

Then Magellan resorted to his pathetic low class hacking, red, infectious poison because he was losing.

So then what defines power levels? Are the arguments comparing raw power? Are they comparing power and DF abilities? Advantages? How can the accusation of Law being OP because of his Room ability be made while we completely write-off Mr. 3's wax ability? Because Mr. 3 can only make wax, this doesn't count as a strength? Luffy needing someone else's power doesn't matter? This seems illogical.

Also, please note that my Mr. 3 > Luffy question was rhetorical. I'm not trying to imply any one person is stronger than another. Like I mentioned earlier, in this manga, it's all relative. What I'm trying to point out is that we lack a concise definition for power level, and unless that is ironed out, of course there will be multiple opinions -- which there should be, since this is a forum. If everyone were in agreement all the time, this would be a very boring forum indeed.
Old 2013-10-10, 23:40   Link #95
JonSnow

If by any chance that Luffy ends up Defeating Doflamingo in this arc, and his haki ends up strong enough to protect him from Doflamingo's strings, will that be enough evidence that the M3's strength and haki are not at the same level or even close?
Old 2013-10-10, 23:53   Link #96
Dany Rangel

Quote:

Creating a Wax shield is part of Mr.3's power,I suppose.How good the shield is depends on other things.
Magellan did get luffy with his poison.

Luffy did not beat-up Magellan.
Magellan did not fight in a pathetic or low class way.
Did you want him to not use his Devil fruit ability?

Last edited by Dany Rangel; 2013-10-11 at 00:04. Reason: I made a mistake.
Old 2013-10-11, 03:17   Link #97
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

Quote:
If by any chance that Luffy ends up Defeating Doflamingo in this arc, and his haki ends up strong enough to protect him from Doflamingo's strings, will that be enough evidence that the M3's strength and haki are not at the same level or even close?

I have a feeling it'll be more to do with his stretching ability than haki. If it does end up being haki, I don't think it will be a huge level difference. Sanji only fought for 2 seconds, if Luffy fights, it will be much longer, and Luffy will have time to get caught in the strings first, get knocked around, figure out whats going on, then get angry and unleash monstrous haki, thus releasing him from strings. Sanji did not have all of that time.

So we'll see what happens

It's Showtime
Old 2013-10-11, 04:33   Link #98
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel
I read the SBS that said Zoro's specialty in Haki is armored Haki but thus far since the time-skip,I have not seen him use better armored Haki than luffy
if the black armored haki is indeed a more advanced haki.I suppose well see soon enough if the writer's claims match what will be seen in the supposed coming chapters.
We only saw Zoro use Busoshoku once, when he cut Monet but back then, his slash wasn't shown. Still, I'm pretty certain he has the ability to apply CoA to parts of his body or his swords in order to harden them, thus turning them black, because he has an affinity to Busoshoku.

Another matter I was thinking about when I read through the posts: Do you guys really believe, that the Sunny Team will let the other Strawhats behind and head to Zou?
Of course they have to keep Caesar in a safe location, but that's where Violet would come in handy.
Two separate story arcs running alongside each other would be cool, nevertheless (perhaps gathering reinforcements from the Heart Pirates?).

EDIT: Yet, another thought ran through my head, when I was thinking about how the Sunny could circumvent the marines lurking at the harbor:
Back when the Strawhats were departing from PH, Nami told someone (can't remember who it was), that they just had to follow the middle needle of the Log Pose to find Dressrosa.
But wasn't it stated earlier by the Minister of the Left and Smoker that the middle needle should be pointing to Raijin Island?
Punk Hazard shouldn't have altered the Log Pose, since it has no magnetic field, which would be needed for recording.
Or did I just overlook that Law gave them another one?

Last edited by ri0; 2013-10-11 at 05:27.
Old 2013-10-11, 07:07   Link #99
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke2007 View Post
I have a feeling it'll be more to do with his stretching ability than haki. If it does end up being haki, I don't think it will be a huge level difference. Sanji only fought for 2 seconds, if Luffy fights, it will be much longer, and Luffy will have time to get caught in the strings first, get knocked around, figure out whats going on, then get angry and unleash monstrous haki, thus releasing him from strings. Sanji did not have all of that time.

So we'll see what happens
What do you mean by:"Sanji did not have all of that time?"
Sanji got owned.

Last edited by Dany Rangel; 2013-10-11 at 07:39. Reason: I made a mistake.
Old 2013-10-11, 07:30   Link #100
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
We only saw Zoro use Busoshoku once, when he cut Monet but back then, his slash wasn't shown. Still, I'm pretty certain he has the ability to apply CoA to parts of his body or his swords in order to harden them, thus turning them black, because he has an affinity to Busoshoku.

Another matter I was thinking about when I read through the posts: Do you guys really believe, that the Sunny Team will let the other Strawhats behind and head to Zou?
Of course they have to keep Caesar in a safe location, but that's where Violet would come in handy.
Two separate story arcs running alongside each other would be cool, nevertheless (perhaps gathering reinforcements from the Heart Pirates?).

EDIT: Yet, another thought ran through my head, when I was thinking about how the Sunny could circumvent the marines lurking at the harbor:
Back when the Strawhats were departing from PH, Nami told someone (can't remember who it was), that they just had to follow the middle needle of the Log Pose to find Dressrosa.
But wasn't it stated earlier by the Minister of the Left and Smoker that the middle needle should be pointing to Raijin Island?
Punk Hazard shouldn't have altered the Log Pose, since it has no magnetic field, which would be needed for recording.
Or did I just overlook that Law gave them another one?
Didn't Zoro also use so-called armament haki at Fish-man Island as-well?

I'm not sure if the Sunny Team will head to zou or not...

I was thinking if the Heart Pirates are even alive...

Law seems to have changed since we first saw him.Some-thing probably happened to him during the two-years the straw-hats were seperated.It seemed he wanted to find One Piece more than any-thing and now he wants revenge and is prepared to die for it?
Closed Thread