AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-03-27, 22:31   Link #1
Xftg123

Ryuuou no Oshigoto! [LN]

"Ryuuou No Oshigoto!" is a LN series written by Shirow Shiratori ("Nourin" author) and illustrated by Shirabi. As you know this series took the #1 Spot in "Kono Light Novel Ga Sugoi!" 2017. And, despite the backlash and reactions it got from this taking the top spot, lemme tell you about it.

Spoiler for Summary:

Spoiler for My Impressions:
Xftg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 15:10   Link #2
R~S
ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

I would not tag the series as "lolicon", since the MC is not one...
Old 2017-04-02, 15:33   Link #3
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, if he isn't a lolicon, that tag should be taken off.
Old 2017-04-02, 17:51   Link #4
AnimeFangirl

Why doesn't the loli become a shogi master herself? Because she's a girl?
Old 2017-04-03, 17:04   Link #5
R~S
ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Why doesn't the loli become a shogi master herself? Because she's a girl?
Because she's a girl? I don't get what you're trying to say. Aoi starts as a (vert talented) novice, so no. Maybe that will be the endgame for this series, who knows.
Old 2017-04-03, 17:40   Link #6
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

^ From the start approaching a major sport without any studies nor training snd making it to the top is way too unrealistic. What's natural is to study it under someone; everyone does.

---- BTW, I browsed this a little and I liked it quite a lot, it has this 'growing out of your problems' subtext like several other interesting sport series (like Sangatsu no Lion); at least what was going on was interesting to me.
Additionally the novel doesn't drown in the supposed loli appeal nor romcom cliches, something which prevents me from touching several titles (like roukyubu).

..... Now if only Shirayuki had long hair and wore yukionna kimonos all the time......
Old 2017-04-03, 19:19   Link #7
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
^ From the start approaching a major sport without any studies nor training snd making it to the top is way too unrealistic. What's natural is to study it under someone; everyone does.
You don't understand. If the 9-year old girl is good enough to coach someone else, she's good enough to be a pro shogi player on her own. Why must she be reduced to a supporting character? The series should be about her instead.
Old 2017-04-05, 12:48   Link #8
R~S
ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

Well, you can always hope for some side story with her being the MC or something.

And that lolicon tag's still there.
Old 2017-04-07, 16:14   Link #9
Xftg123

I took the lolicon tag off and changed it.
Xftg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 08:48   Link #10
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by R~S View Post
Well, you can always hope for some side story with her being the MC or something.
I bet that's what they're aiming for.
Old 2017-07-11, 15:36   Link #11
R~S
ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

Ping does it again...
Old 2017-07-12, 01:28   Link #12
dragon1412

hmmm??? what did ping do
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 02:06   Link #13
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
You don't understand. If the 9-year old girl is good enough to coach someone else, she's good enough to be a pro shogi player on her own. Why must she be reduced to a supporting character? The series should be about her instead.
She is not a coach. She picked up the game just by watching a few of the protag's games and went to seek him as her master. The protag is her mentor not the other way round. What Xftg123 meant by discipline is not related to coaching
She is very talented though. The protag's senior (anedeshi) who also happens to be younger than the protag and also very skilled sees the 9-year old as a love rival.
It may be a little unrealistic in terms of ages of achievements but still not that far off from real ages, where there have been real world youngest title winners (including Ryu-oh title) who were younger than 20.

edit:
This series is licensed for digital release on Bookwalker Global. 1st volume due in autumn.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by larethian; 2017-07-12 at 11:47.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 16:27   Link #14
Blueknight78

hmm interesting talk here just my 2cents:, a serie to be "lolicon" don't means which the mc must be one or start as one, many series which have a male mc he is not a lolicon at the beginner but he ending turning in one by being constantly forced into the lolis as they keep appearing and ending in lewd situations with the mc, then after some chapters/volumes he ending turning in one after finally give up in resist, this means which just because he is not one on the beginner or not just into young girls which the serie can't be a lolicon, lolicon series where about underaged girls and many cases in being put in romance/ecchi stuffs, that is what make a lolicon serie, like fate ilyia which is a lolicon serie, since you don't really have a male mc but we see how things are focused on the "young girls" with all the ecchi and fanervice.
Old 2017-07-15, 10:00   Link #15
LKK

Book Walker has licensed the novel series for English digital publication under the working title "The Ryuo’s Work is Never Done!". [Source] The thread prefix has been updated and all the rules regarding licensed novels are now in effect.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 22:40   Link #16
Kunagisa

This light novel is amazing!!

I loved every moment of reading this ... except the "main heroine"'s character and story, which are absolutely garbage. Every volume is an emotional roller coaster ride that is a huge blast to read through (well except volume 1, which is focused on the cover girl that I abhor).

From the internal struggle, the tears, the euphoric rush, the hemorrhaging pressure, the difference in talent causing lack of esteem and doubt, the love for this game, the hope for this game, the wish to want to know you didn't throw away your life away for nothing because of this game, the need to just have one person acknowledge you, the power to break your personal barrier etc. etc. etc. all the way to author's own real life story, every single event is carefully planned out and delightfully presented. Who knew that shogi players can be so BAMF!

The characters are all great (except one, guess who), with Reika, Eisei Meijin, Meijin, and Yashiyajin Ai being the best written of the bunch. Reika and Ai's story brought me to tears, and the Meijins are just too godly (pun fully intended).

Personally, I hugely empathize with Ginko Sora in particular and she is definitely my favorite (and the author's, and the author's fellow friends/writers). Given the story was supposed to end at volume 5 originally, I am not sure how I feel about Ginko being featured most prominently in volume 6 (certainly won't be reached in the anime). No matter though, I am still going to cheer her on no matter what. Also would be interesting to see how 姉弟子 is going to be translated, as I don't think such concept exist in English?

Either way, I used to joke that GA shill the hell out of this series with KonoRano, but now I think the story's ranking is very well deserved (hence the reason for my choice of words at the beginning of this "review").
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 23:43   Link #17
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I think there is something wrong in the first post .
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 02:46   Link #18
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^Anime is here and the sub just says "Sis" lol~ So misleading~

Btw, requesting spoilers
1. Will there be any romance?
2. Is loli the main heroine, a 2nd protagonist, or just partner character (Like Sasara in Countrouble)?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 07:18   Link #19
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

1. Depends on your definition of romance. So far she is and Mc are semi-engaged for marriage.
2. Ai? She is the main heroine.
Old 2018-01-09, 07:41   Link #20
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Bring back the lolicon tag then
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fake harem, fake lolicon king, ga bunko, harem, lolicon king, seinen, shogi, sports