AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-26, 22:30   Link #1041
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well thinking back I can remember that Britai whipped some serious ass when they tried to fight him in hand to hand combat during the episode they get into the battleship. My general point is that I like how Macross is not melee > ranged which like 4 tran said is a combat rule prevalent in most mecha shows.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 02:31   Link #1042
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

The whole Britai thing was silly in a good way. The whole culture shock thing coming onto the viewers.

Hopefully the new insects in Frontier will do the same. I always loved insect aliens. Zergs, Martian bugs in Starship Troopers, etc. Bring it on.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 02:36   Link #1043
Westlo
Lets be reality

Okay I just listened to the unmixed/demo version of Triangler and it's shaping up nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YqFMlitk_E

Btw a 30sec CM... Fangasms at 0:12 second mark as well as 0:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGj4X2PlWhM
Old 2008-03-27, 02:43   Link #1044
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Haha, yikes. The OP sounds like it'd fit in perfectly with a harem/romance story.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 02:48   Link #1045
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Okay I just listened to the unmixed/demo version of Triangler and it's shaping up nicely.

Sounds a LOT like the songs that Kanno did with AKINO in Aquarion

Not really what I was expecting, but this is nice too.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 03:36   Link #1046
Westlo
Lets be reality

I think I'm going to be burnt out on this song before I can even listen to it in good quality.
Old 2008-03-27, 07:22   Link #1047
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Sounds a LOT like the songs that Kanno did with AKINO in Aquarion
Yeah, just what i was thinking.

Hmm, i guess it works for me as a Macross OP. Also i was never expected it to sound like anything. It's kanno so it's always a bit risky to do that. But yeah i like it, look forward to hearing it with OP animation, and single release.

Westlo: So stealing the quote from your sig for my sig.
Old 2008-03-28, 15:21   Link #1048
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

01: (Close Encounter),2008.04.03
02: (Hard Chase),2008.04.10
03: (On Your Marks),2008.04.17
04: (Miss Macross),2008.04.24
pinoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 15:28   Link #1049
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Quote:

I love the OP already...
Old 2008-03-28, 15:49   Link #1050
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Speaking of the whole 'humanoid battroids built to combat giants' thing, you would think they could have built something like Gundams instead of having them transform all the time if they could have.
you know that makes sense, logically if you have come to the conclusion that you were going to face a race of giants, who has equipment that suggest that they possibility of hand-to-hand confrontation is a possible threat, then to match them you will have to at leased conceive of a technological aid, in the shape of some construct.

In my opinion i think the solution was answered in the battroid configuration.

we know that the humanoid walker system that was used by the UN Army was more or less conceived at the same time the Valkyries were designed.

actually some source seem to show that the battroid were constructed first, logically we have to consider they were constructed with hand-like limbs as well.

However, i think the valkyries were conceived to solve the problem when confronted in zero-gee environment, in that they can fight in a high speed battle, yet when they came to the immense capital ships they can inflitrate and act as Marines to board and attack from within.

This dual functionality only makes sense when you have ships of incredible size, as at the time they did not even know if the Macross gunship main weapons or any of the humans own weapons can destroy a zentradi capital ship of that size, so infiltration/boarding becomes a serious tactics.

however ever, if ships were of human size such as gundam like, then i think the valkyrie-to-battroid mode would never of been considered.

hell i don't think the humanoid form would ever of been considered at all.

in this regards, th idea of confronting large giant aliens make more sense for the mecha in Macross then the mecha in Gundam.

It just seems such a weak argument in my opinion, that Gundams reason for the humanoid form is better zero-gee battle performance, of a multi-limbed design, blah blah blah. really, that's a nice story but doesn't seriously seems to be that convincing compared to the alien giants.

Old 2008-03-28, 16:02   Link #1051
Westlo
Lets be reality

We need to spread the gospel of Nyan Nyan Shiroth

Quote:
04: (Miss Macross),2008.04.24
Awesome! Ranka making her move to stardom already? Sheryl as a guest judge? Or does Alto dress in drag and try and take the crown? What will he do if there's a swimsuit section!!?? Oh I love Macross.

Quote:
I love the OP already...
I've probably listened to it 40 times since I posted that youtube link, I was hoping for something as good as Hemisphere and Sousei no Aquarion and Traingler could be. It's just a question of whether I will still love it in 6/3 years time like those two songs.

On another note I watched the first 10 minutes of the DYRL Remastered DVD rip, gorgeous.
Old 2008-03-28, 18:57   Link #1052
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

Ugh, way to squeally and high pitched at some points. Not my type of opening at all.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 20:18   Link #1053
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Ugh, way to squeally and high pitched at some points. Not my type of opening at all.
you are a freak.

what man doesn't find a woman's trembling yet highly erotic high pitched squealing not appealing? if only in the satisfaction of a job well done?
Old 2008-03-28, 21:51   Link #1054
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
For once, I wholeheartedly agree with Kaoishin. >_>

That said, I'm still going to give the OP another chance, as that was obviously very low quality. Don't think it will change though...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 22:41   Link #1055
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Quote:
Awesome! Ranka making her move to stardom already? Sheryl as a guest judge? Or does Alto dress in drag and try and take the crown? What will he do if there's a swimsuit section!!?? Oh I love Macross.
According to the Manga.

Spoiler for Miss Macross Contest:
Old 2008-03-29, 07:09   Link #1056
Westlo
Lets be reality

^ Thought so

Also I'm not surprised you don't like the OP Kaoishin, what do you prefer between Triangler and Don't Be Late. I'm reading a lot of people on Macross World complaining about Triangler replacing Don't Be Late and funnily enough these people were slamming it back in December/January.
Old 2008-03-29, 08:53   Link #1057
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

mayaa sakamoto sings the song pretty well, i have to agree that the the recording that we seem to have on youtube is a very poor version, i think i'll reserve judgement until i hear it in a clearer version.

however the tune is catchy and i won't deny that i like it, besides in the original macross the songs were high pitch as well.

it only started with macross plus when the songs were sung by a more "mature" voice.
Old 2008-03-29, 08:57   Link #1058
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
mayaa sakamoto sings the song pretty well, i have to agree that the the recording that we seem to have on youtube is a very poor version, i think i'll reserve judgement until i hear it in a clearer version.
That i can agree with. Already i'm enjoying just listening to the track, though how it works as an OP is a different story --- at the moment i can see it working, though who knows what i think now will come true.

Shame as well, 'cause we won't see it in action until the second episode.
Old 2008-03-29, 09:03   Link #1059
Westlo
Lets be reality

A lot of people on Macross World for some reason think there will be an OP in the first episode, I'm like thinking... didn't you guys see the Macross Frontier title screen after the first scene? Not to mention Kawamori doesn't generally show the OP in the first episode (which is something I like!) as seen in Escaflowne, Arjuna (I think!) and Aquarion. Anyway it will be interesting to see what they cut out from the 27 minute version (I saw it called directors cut on ANN when it first came out) we have already seen.

EDIT - I just checked out the remastered Escaflowne first episode and it has the OP in it, didn't it start without an OP? Was the OP included for the remastered DVD release?

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-03-29 at 10:36.
Old 2008-03-29, 15:05   Link #1060
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
I like the OP, decent OP that suitable to the anime of the scale of Macross, gives me the raxephone vibe and the violin is a nice touch...

anyway Gundam 00 is over, time for me to camp Macross and Code Geass board
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance