AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-28, 11:27   Link #21
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
If you actually do this, you need to post some pictures of yourself dressed up as him. It would be priceless. Maybe try doing a web search for some nice green spandex. I'm sure you will come up with something...might look kinda funny doing martial arts in green spandex though.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 11:45   Link #22
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Send a message via MSN to Jaz
I would have to agree, that would be priceless to see And good luck with the leg weights.

And how does Rock Lee train, try and break that one huge log like Lee did in the flashback, then you're the man.
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 09:16   Link #23
Nyyght

Wink Neat

I don't think he's nuts. Infact, it's nice to see someone dedicated to a bit of hardwork... or good cosplay... whichever.

You can't get weights as heavy as lee's (they crater the ground for crying out loud) Though you can get more weights to compensate.
You can get some 20lb ankle weights here: http://www.performbetter.com/SearchR...=ankle-weights

Those are the heaviest I've been able to find. Pair that with an 84lb vest, some arm weights, and a belt of weights... and you'll probably be heading in the right direction.

Then train until you drop... then train more. When you can't move without trembling from pure exhaustion you're probably good to go.

Try CVS for the bandages, have the leg warmers and suit custom made if you have to. A lot of times you can get a seamstress to make up something like that for $50-$100.
Nyyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 10:13   Link #24
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidoom
some one told me that he wears an aerodynamic suit, he runs anround with leg weights
now i found the weights but when i search stores or in general i cant find a place to buy aerodynamic siuts like the one rock lee wears

where is it possible to buy alone medical bandages like the ones lee has around his arm i found some but they come in kits and i could not find a good picture of the ones they were selling to see if they matched rock lees

also those orange thing covering the leg weights are leg warmers right
can some tell me where to buy thes things mentioned in the paragraphs above

thanks
What has this stuff to with the topicname^^
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 10:24   Link #25
Grees
Ehhh

You dont need weights to look like him, the weights never show anyway unless he takes it out.
Grees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 10:40   Link #26
Will
Toebeard the Pirate

Send a message via AIM to Will Send a message via MSN to Will
Just one point. Those leg weights shown in the above link are meant for running. If you tried to do any sort of prolonged kick training with those (if, indeed, you could even do repeated ballistic exercises with 10kg on each ankle) I would think you'd be in danger of seriously messing up your knee joints through enforced overextension of the motion and strain from the centrifugal force on circular techniques.

Just thought this should be said in case anyone really does have any funny ideas. If you just want to cosplay, fine, although you might be a bit knackered by the end of the day unless you're in mighty good shape. If you actually want to train, join a kickboxing club or get a program drawn up for you at the gym or something and forget all the anime stuff.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 11:44   Link #27
Tettsuo
Yeah, I said that!

I agree with Will. Don't use leg weights to train, they're not all that good for your joints. What you could get though, is a weighted vest. It works better because the weight is on your torso, not on an extremity. It'll be like walking while giving a 25 pound kid a piggy back ride.
Tettsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 11:51   Link #28
Mirtual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettsuo
I agree with Will. Don't use leg weights to train, they're not all that good for your joints. What you could get though, is a weighted vest. It works better because the weight is on your torso, not on an extremity. It'll be like walking while giving a 25 pound kid a piggy back ride.
But they damge the backbone at the promontorium, because while you move around most of the weight gets to this point.

Training with weights is an anime only thing.

@Topic
If you want to cosplay Rock Lee you should visit some of the cosplay sites around the web. It might be a good idea to register there and get some info and help in their boards.
http://www.cosplay.com/
This site will be a good start.

If you meant you want to train martial arts, then forget the anime stuff and go to next best dojo you can find.

If you simply want to improve your body, go to a gym.
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 20:12   Link #29
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

They have made special weights for training. Its not that dangerous. They have weighted vests that you can wear to help endurance and weights that go on your thigh and wrists. As long as you aren't throwing punches at 100% and you don't plan on jumping around you can train with those weights.
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 05:33   Link #30
drunkenlotus
huhhh

Weights should be used for training in doing cardio activities such as running, doing horse stance, or doing simple footwork. They can also be work while doing knucke drags, and other such exercises. I practice martial arts a lot, and I must say that once you get up, run with weights, condition with them, etc, after taking them off you feel like a beast. Quite fun. Yeah...might not be such a good idea for amateurs to try any kind of kicking with weights on the legs, might rip your joints up, that that isn't good.

As for wrist weights (though Lee doesn't use them) they're a lot easier to incorporate into most things and could probably used doing hand forms or whatever you want. You definitly don't need them though. Lift weights when you want to do strength training. When it comes down to the twitch speed and effectiveness of a punch, however, quickness and coordination are key.

The bandages are used to cover up the scars and bleeding spots on his arms. After training your hands and arms get really screwed up, when you're practicing either Kung Fu or Muay Tai. Like...my hands are mangled and fucked up from punching and dragging etc, bandages are always a good idea. The Shaolin did similar stuff with bandages , so..yeah you get the idea
drunkenlotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 18:54   Link #31
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
the vest is expensive and anything for your legs is risky. (if you are new to martial arts or took a long break)

I would just stick to wrist weights.

As for the "bandages" ... well I don't know about other places, but where I did Kickboxing I used that to protect my wrist. It holds it stiff so nothing happens when you punch.

As for cosplay... well, I have never done it and probably never will... but if I am to do it at gunpoint, I would go with just thight tailored clothing. Rock Lee's stuff is pretty simple so you might even find it in a store

Stay away from spandex... unless you are into a crowd of young guys wanting your picture screaming kawaii!!!
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 19:10   Link #32
l33tz0rd
say w00t!

'Cuz he wanna make his sensei proud!!
;Dd Gai-sensei
;Dd Lee
l33tz0rd is offline   Reply With Quote