Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-04, 06:11   Link #41
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
man i'm really wondering if someone is going to sub this, cause i'm hopeless with japanese.. If it doesn't get subbed then i may never be able to watch this
I feel with you man.
I want to watch this too, but I don't read or speak Japanese yet...
Hope someone will sub this soon.

(I have got too learn Japanese as soon as possible!! )
Old 2006-12-27, 06:50   Link #42
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
SS subs have subbed it and ive just watched ~ wow its pretty neat

there is an interesting cast full of "classic" themed personality designs but still its really loveable

the animation is super! nice and clean ~ without a single error (imo)

story wise ~ you average harem lead but with lots of potential ~ theres a childhood friend, normal agressive friend and somewat a school idol falling for the male lead ~

im impressed bring on the second ep!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-27, 09:51   Link #43
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
there is an interesting cast full of "classic" themed personality designs but still its really loveable
Uh, in fact it would be hard to be more generic than this, and even the animation is, if not poor then mediocre, especially for OVA.

But still, I give this credit to make me chuckle couple of times, and I enjoyed the pretty bishoujos.
Yeah, looking forward to second episode.
Old 2006-12-27, 10:06   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Its funny when people who haven't played the source material can just go around calling them 'classic themed' characters. Anyway i'll probably check out the sub sometime tonight - watched the raw when it aired, so i'm in no rush at the moment.. though i'm not going to stop listening to the games musical score. :3
Old 2006-12-27, 10:19   Link #45
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
*cough* well by "classic themed" what i mean is that the characters display personality traits that i somewat over used...lets see...we have the quiet sweet girl, an agressive boss girl, a school idol type and imotou type (with a bro complex thing?) oh and the mysterious but very smart quiet type...i guess its somewat stereotypical but like i said they are loveable ~

and i wont say the animation is medicore ~ have seen worse from other ovas and even full tv series mind you *thinks of yoake and the cabbage*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-27, 15:46   Link #46
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
By the way, the second _summer OVA has a full release date now: January 26th.
It seems SG-TV will be airing the 2nd episode some time today, 12/27, as reported in Moonphase. I'm ready for the 2nd episode!

Btw, the general concept about OVA's having better overall animation might have been true even as recently as 4-5 years back. At the present, the notion just seems like an exaggeration because there are plenty of OVA series that don't even come close to what many TV series' are able to accomplish animation wise while keeping up with hectic, weekly schedule. In that regards, I also think _Summer did have good, clean animation. I agree that it was nowhere near as some of the TV series that are currently airing, or some of the past OVA series' but if compared to many other OVA series in context of the genre, _Summer has done good.

Last edited by monir; 2006-12-27 at 15:56.
Old 2006-12-27, 16:30   Link #47
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
At the present, the notion just seems like an exaggeration because there are plenty of OVA series that don't even come close to what many TV series' are able to accomplish animation wise while keeping up with hectic, weekly schedule.
Well, yeah, that's because most TV series (especially late-night ones) aren't animated on any sort of "weekly schedule" (they're produced gradually over the course of many many months), and since the money is in the merchandise anyway (it's as if every TV airing is just promo for the DVDs), the difference is mostly the production budget, release structure, number of episodes, and the amount of subcontractors involved during production. So yeah, the difference between "OVA" and "TV" isn't what it once was. Even _summer -- it's airing on TV first, so technically it isn't an OVA at all, just a really short series released gradually. The lines have blurred.

For what it's worth, though, I think the art and animation in _summer was fine given the show's content.
Old 2006-12-27, 18:08   Link #48
passenger

watched it a couple of days ago and dont believe there is aanything special with it. as mentioned above by various posters it is extremely classic semi-harem type anime. pace was a little bit too slow for me. below avarage for an OVA i believe.
Old 2006-12-27, 18:50   Link #49
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Episode 1 has been sub'ed allready, haven't it?

just a little question..is this the second season or the first one that is beng sub'ed right now?
(www.animesuki.com there is _summer 1 sub'ed bye Shinsen-subs)
is this season 1 or 2?

Old 2006-12-27, 19:04   Link #50
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeNX View Post
just a little question..is this the second season or the first one that is beng sub'ed right now?
(www.animesuki.com there is _summer 1 sub'ed bye Shinsen-subs)
is this season 1 or 2?
Well, don't be confused by the use of the word "season". In the case of this show, it's really another word for "episode". So the episode that's out there now is the first and only episode released so far. The second episode will be released in late-January.
Old 2006-12-27, 21:19   Link #51
Pakxenon
popcorn

I was thinking about the following as I wasted my boredom on this OVA...

Is there a harem game where the main lead ISN'T a "wimpy" character, where he does not actually care for the harem surrounding him, nor makes his move and give hints that he has emotions, and just kick some ass?

Edit: I want Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody from SHnS.

Last edited by Pakxenon; 2006-12-27 at 23:09.
Old 2006-12-28, 00:01   Link #52
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, don't be confused by the use of the word "season". In the case of this show, it's really another word for "episode". So the episode that's out there now is the first and only episode released so far. The second episode will be released in late-January.
okey. thanx.

does anyone know how many episodes there will be?
or is it just those 2?

sry for asking stupid question =/

Old 2006-12-28, 00:05   Link #53
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that was fairly...generic.

But atleast chiwa and the teacher where enjoyable to watch, so I cant complain too much about this harmless bit of animation. I guess well see if everything happens the same as has in so many other shows of the genre.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2006-12-28, 00:12   Link #54
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeNX View Post
does anyone know how many episodes there will be?
or is it just those 2?
I don't think it's been announced. If I were to guess, I'd assume 3 or 4 in total, but again, that's just a guess.
Old 2006-12-28, 03:03   Link #55
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

unless i am mistaken, there are 3 episodes. I read the official website for it, but the fact that i do not understand japanese might mean something too, hehe.

But that's what i got from the site. I watched the raws for this previously and found it to be rather generic if anything. Sadly, i wasn't awfully impressed, even though the characters are pretty decent.
Old 2006-12-28, 18:19   Link #56
martino
makes no files now

The animation was strange. When it was a close shot of the characters they looked quite nice, but as soon as it was from further away the designs changed completely...

Otherwise, from the first episode I can't say too much, except for the fact that I can see some drama building up, even though I think I might have an idea as to who is going to get the "true" happy ending.
Spoiler for possible...:

One thing I didn't like was how the male lead was thinking about all the girls. What I thought was... "Damn, so he's gonna choose just like that".
Old 2007-01-03, 15:40   Link #57
AlRitza
just that guy

Send a message via MSN to AlRitza
anyone with any clues about a second ep for this anime? there is gonna be a second one right?
Old 2007-01-03, 16:13   Link #58
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlRitza View Post
anyone with any clues about a second ep for this anime? there is gonna be a second one right?
Scheduled for release 26 January, as noted in my winter anime calendar (info based on Moon Phase).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-01-27, 15:29   Link #59
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Screenshot for Episode 2: It's more of the same. Folks who liked episode 1 will like this episode also, and folks who didn't like the first for various reasons, won't like this one either. Some of them may even come to hate it since the usage of the cliches are much more prominent in the episode in regards to the plot.

Screenshot for the Omake: Chiwa once again ruled the Omake with iron hands and plenty of cruelty! Oh and, Shana likes pudding.

Old 2007-01-27, 15:53   Link #60
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Lesson: Don't fall into the "I'll watch anything with cute girls and romance in it" trap. Demand more from your friendly neighbour anime studio than just a harem story, scrutinize a we bit. I don't hate cute girls but I want them to not be just going through the harem formula in a show I watch. If it turns out to be generic it shouldn't come as a surprise. Consider the source of any show and whether their is a side dish to the romance before taking the plunge or you may be disappointed. Judging by the fact its 3 episodes it sounds more like a commercial for the game. Thus, if one were really truly interested and not just salivating at the girls (It can be hard sometimes, the studio's are manipulative sons of bitches I've found, and stock shows with characters whom at least one is bound to hit the viewers weak point. Though they aren't likely to be around most of the time, especially in a 3 part OVA. Besides the main character almost always ends up with the most boring Yamato Nadeshiko type anyway who usually gets roughly 1/3 of the screen time at least.), the game would be the way to go as the game is pretty much always better than the OVA version and two if there is a story to it than you will get the full one with the game.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-01-27 at 16:04.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, drama, eroge, hook, ova, rikuentai, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life