AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-17, 14:59   Link #781
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
So.... no translation yet, but a raw of the next chapter is out:



Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 10:13   Link #782
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Pardon the bump, but the chapter's been translated.....


And yeah, like I said in the spoiler above, the chapter was chiefly walls of text (not complaining here, just pointing out ). And yeah, ol' wolf boy's definitely in some deep doo-doo now. I wonder if he'll actually be able to survive this deadly encounter......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 17:52   Link #783
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Page 14 (or so) is quite possible the worst single page in the entire history of manga. Damn those walls of text are killing me...page 16 (or so) is pretty cool though...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 16:28   Link #784
DSDSSDWE
Blah
 
Join Date: May 2008
I'm rereading the Genei Ryodan arc, and I think it'll be difficult to move back to that storyline and still make it somewhat suspenseful with the power up of Gon and Killua. Both of them, after the GI arc power up and now the Ant arc power up, are at least several times stronger than what they were in the GR arc. Gon is obviously going to be messed up for awhile, but Killua? 1 on 1, who can beat him among the GR members? Kuroro and Hisoka maybe?

Last edited by DSDSSDWE; 2011-08-23 at 16:59.
DSDSSDWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 05:09   Link #785
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^We saw the Ryodan beat some ants with little to no trouble during this storyline, so I think it's quite safe to say they're still a legitimate threat, even for the powered-up Gon and Killua (and remember, strength isn't always the deciding factor towards victory in this series).


Anyways, a few spoiler pics were released:



Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 07:53   Link #786
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDSSDWE View Post
I'm rereading the Genei Ryodan arc, and I think it'll be difficult to move back to that storyline and still make it somewhat suspenseful with the power up of Gon and Killua. Both of them, after the GI arc power up and now the Ant arc power up, are at least several times stronger than what they were in the GR arc. Gon is obviously going to be messed up for awhile, but Killua? 1 on 1, who can beat him among the GR members? Kuroro and Hisoka maybe?
as long as 2 of them are able to beat him, they can still be threatening. It's just that it will not go back to the previous scenario where they were just basically over-powered/
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 11:56   Link #787
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
The ants that the Ryodan beat are weaksauce though. Gon's powerup makes him even stronger than the cat royal guard, which is probably much stronger than any of the Ryodan except Kuroro.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 12:06   Link #788
Key Board
Carbon
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I'd say Kuroro is weak
I mean, his nen ability is certainly spectacular
but he is held down by his inherent character flaws. Ie: greed, overconfidence.

In contrast to say, Hisoka whose nen ability is really simple, but is very lethal because Hisoka is a cunning ruthless trickster
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 13:10   Link #789
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
The ants that the Ryodan beat are weaksauce though.


I'm well aware that those ants were fodder. In fact, you're technically conceding my point that those ants (who were a lot stronger than normal humans to begin with) were nothing to the Ryodan (also note that up until that point, about half of the "spiders" hadn't revealed their abilities yet). And for the millionth time, physical strength is not everything in this series. Remember how Morau beat that lion dude a bit earlier this storyline? I wouldn't put it past the Ryodan at all to come up with similar clever methods of subduing their foes, no matter how strong they are.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 16:13   Link #790
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
The ants that the Ryodan beat are weaksauce though. Gon's powerup makes him even stronger than the cat royal guard, which is probably much stronger than any of the Ryodan except Kuroro.
Gon's power-up was most likely just a one-time thing. At least I certainly hope so.

I'm not worried one bit about the Ryodan. I'd say Kirua and Gon finally reached a level enabling them to fight on par with them, but that's about it.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 21:53   Link #791
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm well aware that those ants were fodder. In fact, you're technically conceding my point that those ants (who were a lot stronger than normal humans to begin with) were nothing to the Ryodan (also note that up until that point, about half of the "spiders" hadn't revealed their abilities yet). And for the millionth time, physical strength is not everything in this series. Remember how Morau beat that lion dude a bit earlier this storyline? I wouldn't put it past the Ryodan at all to come up with similar clever methods of subduing their foes, no matter how strong they are.....
Prior to the ant arc, I'd say that's true, but you saw how the 3 guards + King pretty much overpowered everyone with nothing but brute force. Outside of the reinforcement types, even top level nen users like Hisoka, Kuroro, Killua's parents, take a lot of damage if they get hurt by a critical attack. Even the reinforcement types like the brawler Ryodan still succumbed to Kurapica's attacks. However, with the royal guards + King, their defense is so strong that the President's strongest attacks barely phase them.

You're right that Gon's powerup is just a once time thing though, so Killua/Gon's power levels if they do ever fight the Kyodan again would be on even grounds probably.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 10:27   Link #792
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Prior to the ant arc, I'd say that's true, but you saw how the 3 guards + King pretty much overpowered everyone with nothing but brute force. Outside of the reinforcement types, even top level nen users like Hisoka, Kuroro, Killua's parents, take a lot of damage if they get hurt by a critical attack. Even the reinforcement types like the brawler Ryodan still succumbed to Kurapica's attacks. However, with the royal guards + King, their defense is so strong that the President's strongest attacks barely phase them.


And yet, look at how Yupi died. He met his end not with brute force, but poison. And now Pufu and even Meruem are in danger of succumbing to Netero's "curse" (though Pufu is in more danger than the king currently). So y'see, my point still stands.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 12:33   Link #793
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c r υ
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
King's transformation to human in mind only reflects what some other ants have already experienced. Regardless, it is a nice development. I guess at the end of this arc, he will start to live happily ever after with Komugi...

It is also the right time to shift the focus to Gon's side. His transformation back to his original self should be the next step in converging to the main story.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 14:21   Link #794
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
King's transformation to human in mind only reflects what some other ants have already experienced. Regardless, it is a nice development. I guess at the end of this arc, he will start to live happily ever after with Komugi...
NO

This will never happen, because the fate of the King is already sealed. And Pufu, the last of the three royal guards, will die next chapter. The ants will perish very soon, as much as I hate the fact Meryem will die a tragic death in front of Komugi, and just when the loss of memory made him a wholly different person who wishes to coexist with the humans and breed with Komugi who undoubtely will die too, but because of love.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 06:01   Link #795
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Only a few spoiler pics are out now, but they tell us all we need to know:



Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 10:57   Link #796
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Dude, I can bet NO ONE could have expected this kind of turn of events when the hiatuses first started.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 12:47   Link #797
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
BTW, there's a summary of the chapter's events, as well:



Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 23:57   Link #798
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I forget, so how come nobody else is affected by the poison?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 05:37   Link #799
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I have to admit that I'm rather disappointed with the way this arc has gone. Characters of such power were introduced and they go out as easily as they appeared, and a number of characters, particularly Netero who I hoped would play a bigger role later on in the series. My heart does go out to Meryem tho because he realized what was truly important in life and that he will die so tragically. Story-wise, however, I wonder how that plays out with respect to the main characters. As much sympathy as I have for Meryem, this arc really was a bit too filler-esque.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 09:14   Link #800
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I forget, so how come nobody else is affected by the poison?
I don't think any clear explanation has been given yet. I suppose the poison was engineered to target only ants.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hiatus x hiatus, overpowered villain

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.