Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-05-06, 22:14   Link #501
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I too am getting somewhat tired of the 'guy walks in on girl changing/getting ready for bath/whatever
........it's much better when it's the other way around and they both just stand there and blush.

..........though sometimes he still gets beat up anyway, and that is bullshit.
"HOW DARE YOU BE NAKED IN FRONT OF ME, PERVERT!"
Old 2013-05-07, 03:01   Link #502
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I too am getting somewhat tired of the 'guy walks in on girl changing/getting ready for bath/whatever and gets everything, including the kitchen sink thrown at him' cliché.
How about the opposite?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 03:34   Link #503
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
How about the opposite?
I have to admit, while I don't hate the cliché that much either way (although it is an old joke), I do find it particularly funny when they gender-reverse the cliché and have the guy go "kyaa! ecchiii!". Role reversal cliché jokes always make me laugh.
Old 2013-05-07, 03:55   Link #504
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ D-do you...speak from experience?
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 03:58   Link #505
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
^ D-do you...speak from experience?
LOls.... I think any decent guy will shout "Ahhhhh!!!" after being seen naked, and not emotionally prepared.

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-05-07 at 04:10.
Old 2013-05-07, 04:02   Link #506
HasuMasu
*Artist

I would cry.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 04:11   Link #507
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
I would cry.
Another cliche >" I can't get married anymore!"
Old 2013-05-07, 05:15   Link #508
ShonenFan

Quote:
In fact, I find it actually refreshing when it happens and the girl doesn't get mad, or even claims that she doesn't really care about it, or even mind.
You mean like blair in soul eater?
ShonenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 12:03   Link #509
Chiibi

Quote:
How about the opposite?

SOOOOOOO sexy!
Old 2013-05-07, 12:23   Link #510
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
How about the opposite?
I'd probably find that funnier, because it's more rare. Besides, a guy getting back at a girl like that is just priceless IMO, even more so if the girl did it to him earlier.

The main reason why I'm getting tired of the usual joke, is because it's simply overdone, not so much because of the double standard (because I usually do laugh over it).
Old 2013-05-07, 15:49   Link #511
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
How about the opposite?
I was not aware that something like that (aside from Haiyore Nyaruko-san) exists... could you give examples, in what series that occurs?
Old 2013-05-07, 17:27   Link #512
NoemiChan
Banned

We have that in:

Oreimo 2
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!
To Love Ru 2

Spoiler for Best Scene:
Old 2013-05-07, 20:07   Link #513
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I was not aware that something like that (aside from Haiyore Nyaruko-san) exists...
..........are you kidding me?

Pssst, watch more shoujo/anime aimed at women.

Ayashi No Ceres: Aya walks in on Yuuhi taking a shower. Aya promptly beats him up for being naked in front of her.
Daa! Daa! Daa!: Miyuu walks in on Kanata changing his clothes and screams. She calls him a pervert for taking them off and he throws his clothes at her, yelling that there's nothing wrong with changing into your pajamas at night!
Kirarin Revolution: Kirari walks into the boys' changing room in the second episode, while about a dozen of them are in their boxers. She just kind of blushes and then slams the door, apologizing.
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Lucia walks in on Kaito taking a shower. She starts throwing things at him yelling "baka baka ecchi" and he says, "No, that's my line." XD
Tokyo Mew Mew Manga Ichigo walks in on Ryou while he's shirtless. Not much happens but she likes what she sees. so did I

You see, male viewers find fan service appealing because they get to see attractive members of the opposite sex in their skeevies.
..................female viewers think that EXACT same way, thus anime with a female demographic do the EXACT same thing!

Last edited by Chiibi; 2013-05-07 at 20:21.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 04:32   Link #514
Joyce_Steele
Banned

So the female-oriented shows are just as shallow as the male-oriented ones. Thanks for letting me know about that.

Back to topic I also hate too see an overly-obsessive yaoi fangirl in a non-yaoi materials like Ninomiya-kun and Hyperdimension Neptunia series(non-anime). I have no idea what makes it popular in first place and at my own theory at least it is a healthy indication that yaoi fangirl is straight, i mean sexually.
Joyce_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 06:33   Link #515
backbone
Banned

Moral apostels. For christ sake just no, they all should just go die in a fire. They feel the absolute need to help other people they have never seen before in their life just because they have a troubled look on their face. They meddle in their life and usually make things 5 times worse then they were before meeting the 'final villain' and scream at him who he/she could do something so morally wrong. Okazaki Tomoya (Clannad) is an excellent example, Ichigo (Bleach) is another. What's more annoying is when they don't claim to know the answers. And i really hate those 'Holier than Thou' characters who almost 'always right' and will 'convert' you to their ways because they are right.
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 08:25   Link #516
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

@GenjiChan, @Chiibi:
Oh I think I misunderstood something, never mind.
Old 2013-05-08, 13:19   Link #517
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Moral apostels. For christ sake just no, they all should just go die in a fire. They feel the absolute need to help other people they have never seen before in their life just because they have a troubled look on their face. They meddle in their life and usually make things 5 times worse then they were before meeting the 'final villain' and scream at him who he/she could do something so morally wrong. Okazaki Tomoya (Clannad) is an excellent example, Ichigo (Bleach) is another. What's more annoying is when they don't claim to know the answers. And i really hate those 'Holier than Thou' characters who almost 'always right' and will 'convert' you to their ways because they are right.
Me too. Touma from Index should also be on that list.
Old 2013-05-08, 19:11   Link #518
Chiibi

Quote:
They feel the absolute need to help other people they have never seen before in their life just because they have a troubled look on their face.
Oh yes, how dare these characters go out of their way to be kind to strangers! What low-life assholes they are.

Come on....
Old 2013-05-08, 21:48   Link #519
Lyocol
Banned

Overly obsessive fanboys/fangirls.
Lyocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 22:04   Link #520
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I personally would like to see and have more people like Ichigo who is kind even to strangers than egotistical people who doesn’t care about others. At least it will teach kids and teenagers that to care for others is a good thing and they should apply a portion of that IRL.

Tags
disscusion, manga cliche good bad