AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-27, 07:31   Link #41
Quol
That Guy

I've been looking on BT for it, of course i want it translated.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 07:45   Link #42
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Sorry, if I was seem a little impatient since that wasn't my intention.

My intention was to say that the manga left me on cliff hanger and that, I am looking forward to reading this.
you don't have to say sorry. It's not as if I was blaming you. I also know how interesting this novel, so I thought it would better for you to wait the translation instead of asking spoilers.
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 09:21   Link #43
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Oh I see, I thought you got upset from somehow mistaken my post as dissing this LN or that I was rushing you to do the translation.

Well since we have clear the misunderstanding, I would act as requested and wait patiently for the translation and not ask for any spoilers............................... just yet.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 10:47   Link #44
Hiyono

As a fan of the series, if you do go ahead with it, I'd like to request that you take some extra time to be careful with your translation, as larethian suggested you do for Mahouka. (For those of you who can't read this without a translation, I'm not suggesting he not do it all, only that he be a bit more careful when doing so.)

For reference, this is what he said:
Quote:
@setsuna86

I looked over your translation, and these are my comments:
- less than 10% are obvious mis-translations, and it's usually due to more advanced grammar coupled with long sentences
- about 5% appear to be careless mistakes (missing words and stuff)
- the rest are incomprehensible English and bad word-choices, and at least half the time for those cases, I'm not sure whether
a. you really understood the context of the text but just have difficulty in English word choice
b. or just did 'first dictionary-returned word-for-word substitution' without understanding the text.
Though judging from how you decipher some tricky grammar correctly, I'm guessing it's a mix of both (or luck :lol.

Anyway, a large proportion of the text is way too indecipherable for the Editors to actually work on them. They can't fix, improve by rephrasing or selecting better word choice if they cannot even understand what you are writing, since they can't cross-check the raws like me. So I want to request you to actually go through your work again and make it into proper English as much as possible. I've re-worked and re-translated several parts up to page 106 (I feel it's taking up my time so I don't feel like doing it anymore :lol. Please shout out if you actually have issues with the raw sentences.
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 11:05   Link #45
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
As a fan of the series, if you do go ahead with it, I'd like to request that you take some extra time to be careful with your translation, as larethian suggested you do for Mahouka. (For those of you who can't read this without a translation, I'm not suggesting he not do it all, only that he be a bit more careful when doing so.)

For reference, this is what he said:
Yeah, you're right, but this time, before posting, I will have denormative look at it. We have decided so. And since it's a novel I decide to translate from the beginning, I I'll take time to read my translation over and over (Since I have now time). So, this time, I think you don't have to worry.
Old 2013-07-30, 01:08   Link #46
AshenRaven
From another world

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
Yeah, you're right, but this time, before posting, I will have denormative look at it. We have decided so. And since it's a novel I decide to translate from the beginning, I I'll take time to read my translation over and over (Since I have now time). So, this time, I think you don't have to worry.
Sign me up as editor

P.S. wow can't believe this thread finally got approved after 5 months
Old 2013-07-30, 13:04   Link #47
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenRaven View Post
Sign me up as editor

P.S. wow can't believe this thread finally got approved after 5 months
it took that long to be approved

anyways i like the characters so far with my favorite being the silver hair girl from volume 2 cover, can anyone give me more info on her?
Old 2013-07-30, 14:17   Link #48
setsuna86

Project already begun on BT (still PENDING Authorisation).
Old 2013-07-30, 14:30   Link #49
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Someone got this translated in english? can do editing or Q/A
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 14:42   Link #50
Hiyono

I see you're finally getting started, so some thoughts on the names. Also see this.
  • It should be "Lester" and not "Leicester". They have the same pronunciation, but the former is a person's name; the latter, the name of a place. They have similar origins, so there's no problem there.
  • "Alulucant" sounds pretty terrible in English. Unless you have a strong reason for keeping it, you should really change it to something else. (My best guess is along the lines of "Allekant", but there's equally no basis for what it; I just think it looks better =P)
  • I think "Lewolf" is more likely "Le Wolfe".
  • Your original idea of "Queen Veil" seems to be right. (The emblem of their school shows an upright woman with something vaguely veil-like trailing after her.)
  • "Ernest Kuhne" is definitely "Ernesta Kühne".
  • "Water Academy City" should be "Megafloat University Town" (lolololol).
  • Rather than "come into bloom", doesn't 咲き誇れ mean something more along the lines of "Bloom proudly/brilliantly"?

If anyone can make sense of the other emblems, it might help in determining what the school names are supposed to be.
Old 2013-07-30, 15:04   Link #51
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
I see you're finally getting started, so some thoughts on the names. Also see this.
  • It should be "Lester" and not "Leicester". They have the same pronunciation, but the former is a person's name; the latter, the name of a place. They have similar origins, so there's no problem there.
  • "Alulucant" sounds pretty terrible in English. Unless you have a strong reason for keeping it, you should really change it to something else. (My best guess is along the lines of "Allekant", but there's equally no basis for what it; I just think it looks better =P)
  • I think "Lewolf" is more likely "Le Wolfe".
  • Your original idea of "Queen Veil" seems to be right. (The emblem of their school shows an upright woman with something vaguely veil-like trailing after her.)
  • "Ernest Kuhne" is definitely "Ernesta Kühne".
  • "Water Academy City" should be "Megafloat University Town" (lolololol).
  • Rather than "come into bloom", doesn't 咲き誇れ mean something more along the lines of "Bloom proudly/brilliantly"?

If anyone can make sense of the other emblems, it might help in determining what the school names are supposed to be.
Thanks, it helps a lot. And it would be better that you directly edit the Names you are sure of the Translation on BT.
Old 2013-07-30, 16:43   Link #52
Hiyono

I gave c1 a once over with some TLC from the Chinese. No promises on accuracy (because this is J-C-E). All in all, pretty well done. No offense, but it's a lot better than your past translations; the effort that went into it clearly shows through.
Old 2013-07-31, 02:19   Link #53
Valky
Radioactive

It's MF Bunko J, so ... harem?
Old 2013-07-31, 03:09   Link #54
cloud04
Scanlator

i think uhh 4 girls so far for him?
Old 2013-07-31, 03:16   Link #55
Valky
Radioactive

Alright, I'm on board!

The manga's art is pretty good too, btw.

I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2013-07-31, 03:22   Link #56
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Alright, I'm on board!

The manga's art is pretty good too, btw.

I'm looking forward to it.
yea true manga art is quite nice..hmm i guess expect ch 2 and 3 next week or so i guess?
Old 2013-07-31, 04:49   Link #57
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
yea true manga art is quite nice..hmm i guess expect ch 2 and 3 next week or so i guess?
r-e-a-l-l-y ?

... so many new novels (in terms of TLing) are coming..
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 05:00   Link #58
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
r-e-a-l-l-y ?

... so many new novels (in terms of TLing) are coming..
when i said ch 2 and 3 i meant manga version lolz
Old 2013-07-31, 05:16   Link #59
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

@ setsuna86, I checked BT page for Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, I see you figure out how to upload novel illustrations, sorry I wasn't much help.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 05:34   Link #60
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
when i said ch 2 and 3 i meant manga version lolz
I know. That's why it was 'really'?

Gakusen will be slow for now, I suppose.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate history, fantasy, harem, school life