AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-14, 18:21   Link #10601
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
I guess the problem lies with Kallen not knowing much about Schneizel's true character and knowing everything about Lelouch. If she knew anything about Schneizel, then she'd realize why he betrayed the BKs (because he knew Schneizel would of killed them and Kallen). Now he's still playing bad guy to keep them as Schneizel's pawns rather then his targets.

The question is how Kallen and Nunnally will realize this before the end. And if it ends up that they won't realize the truth, then this series will be epic fail.
Old 2008-09-14, 18:25   Link #10602
lovecakecookies

I don't think the series would be epic fail, however, Kallen's character would be.. if they are going to have her never realize the truth behind Lulu's actions, then they wasted too much screen time on her thinking about him blah blah.. they could have shown us something else about her.. this is why I always did NOT want her to end up as a potential love interest for him.. C.C and Shirley were enough..Sigh..But I have hope!! Come on episode 24!!
Old 2008-09-14, 18:26   Link #10603
sparkle_14310
Black King x Red Queen

I'm shocked by Kallen's resolved and proud of her as well it seems she knows how to sepreate emotions from fighting afterall. Although I do hope someones tells her the truth I don't want her to die but if she must then I want it to be after she's realized Zero Requiem true purpose. Kallen didn't have too many scenes this episode hopefully she'll get more in the next one but I did like her scene with Gino I could see them becoming friends.
sparkle_14310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 18:27   Link #10604
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
I guess the problem lies with Kallen not knowing much about Schneizel's true character and knowing everything about Lelouch. If she knew anything about Schneizel, then she'd realize why he betrayed the BKs (because he knew Schneizel would of killed them and Kallen). Now he's still playing bad guy to keep them as Schneizel's pawns rather then his targets.

The question is how Kallen and Nunnally will realize this before the end. And if it ends up that they won't realize the truth, then this series will be epic fail.
I think it's pretty obvious at this point that neither Nunally nor Kallen know anything about Lelouch.

If they did, I think they'd be smart enough to see through his lies.

(It's sad that I feel the need to include this.. But I'm not actually saying they know NOTHING about him. They just fail entirely to understand the real him)
Old 2008-09-14, 18:27   Link #10605
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

They have to talk in this little confrontation. Kallen just couldn't vape him without getting something out of him, even in light of everything he's done. That will give her the chance to get a real idea of who Lelouch is, rather than the bits and pieces she's had to get thus far.
Old 2008-09-14, 18:31   Link #10606
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
They have to talk in this little confrontation. Kallen just couldn't vape him without getting something out of him, even in light of everything he's done. That will give her the chance to get a real idea of who Lelouch is, rather than the bits and pieces she's had to get thus far.
And I'd STILL bank money on something important interrupting them and they have to move on to somethign else until they can resolve it in episode in 25 -_- . I'm telling ya, Taniguchi wants to make us sweat in regards to where this is going
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 18:33   Link #10607
Var
Banned

Here's a negativity post about what happens next episode:

Kallen breaks into the Avalon -> Confronts Lelouch -> Says nothing but farewell and attacks -> Gets blocked by C.C. -> Says Gum Line to C.C. -> I gouge out my eyes with forks. Woot. Woot.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 18:33   Link #10608
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
And I'd STILL bank money on something important interrupting them and they have to move on to somethign else until they can resolve it in episode in 25 -_- . I'm telling ya, Taniguchi wants to make us sweat in regards to where this is going
That's what I am thinking.. and I hope so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post

Kallen breaks into the Avalon -> Confronts Lelouch -> Says nothing but farewell and attacks -> Gets blocked by C.C. -> Says Gum Line to C.C. -> I gouge out my eyes with forks. Woot. Woot.
That's unlikely.. why would she be bitter towards C.C? and didn't you guys say the type of love she uses is too strong or something? And its her gum line that is supposed to be important to her character... why would anyone buy that damn card if that what it was used for? to make someone else realize their love?
Old 2008-09-14, 18:34   Link #10609
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

Quote:

Those were my thoughts 10 minutes ago and I'm going insane.
Inferno Phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 18:34   Link #10610
honeypie_0106

R2 is a complete disappointment. They wasted pointless character developments on Kallen, and C.C..

I mean what the heck was MOE C.C. for anyway? C.C. was a complete bitch in R2, everything was a cover-up between her and Marianne, and still Lulu doesn't even hate her.

What purpose was Kallen captured? Is she really essential, or was she just an icon of the OOtbk? A representative? Urgggh!!!!!

Why was Shirley killed, when they can't even make Rollo a hated character? What was the two episode development about?

Why the heck was Gino introduced? Xingke could have been a much better character.

What was Charles and Marianne for? Even Ragnarok was given so much development and thrown right out the window for Democles.

This is not about being mind****ed. Its about bad writing and plot development.
Such a waste of screen time. They even gave side characters better development.
honeypie_0106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 18:34   Link #10611
Muyasuki

Can anyone else see Kallen figuring things out if she somehow figures out that Nunnally's alive? The way that I see it, is that if she finds this out she may be able to put the things together considering how much she knows Lelouch is a siscon.
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 18:36   Link #10612
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i was kinda pissed about kallens role (or lack there of) in this ep
but now that i think about it how could it have been any different
this was an ep devided into 2 parts
part one was to show us that shnizel's a dick
and part two was a huge epic battle
you cant have chracter development during huge battles
this wasnt even so much a battle as a chess match between the worlds biggest dick and the contender for the title of worlds biggest dick (i'll let you deceide who's who)
next ep becouse of the chaos the battle stopped being about strategy and turned into a battle of people
and in such a battle chracters can actually take part and have development
so i'll wait for ep 24 beofre losing all hope
Old 2008-09-14, 18:36   Link #10613
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Phoenyx View Post
Those were my thoughts 10 minutes ago and I'm going insane.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Ahh well. Whatever. We'll have to wait and see.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 18:38   Link #10614
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie_0106 View Post
R2 is a complete disappointment. They wasted pointless character developments on Kallen, and C.C..

I mean what the heck was MOE C.C. for anyway? C.C. was a complete bitch in R2, everything was a cover-up between her and Marianne, and still Lulu doesn't even hate her.

What purpose was Kallen captured? Is she really essential, or was she just an icon of the OOtbk? A representative? Urgggh!!!!!

Why was Shirley killed, when they can't even make Rollo a hated character? What was the two episode development about?

Why the heck was Gino introduced? Xingke could have been a much better character.

What was Charles and Marianne for? Even Ragnarok was given so much development and thrown right out the window for Democles.

I don't think this thread is the appropriate place for this particular gripe, but I digress.

To Bladeofdarkness : Yeah, with how this episode played out, there really wasn't any room for character development aside from Scheizel's asshattery and the battle
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 18:41   Link #10615
honeypie_0106

NO. I don't see anything of that sort.

It was wasted energy rooting for my favorite character. In the end I feel every plot twist in CG R2 is nothing but a bunch of crap.

They killed Kallen off, when Lulu killed the OOTBK. Goro could have at least shown some remorse.

A river of blood for Euphie? What if Kallen was in that ship? So everything CG R2 was about Euphie and Nunally.

He is willing to exchange a loyal ally for a Lacus clone. And I don't think he would even mind if Kallen died - or was part of the OOTBK thing that exploded.

I HATE R2. REALLY HATE IT. THIS IS NOT ABOUT TROLLING. ITS A FAN WHO IS HIGHLY FRUSTRATED. MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE WATCHED MACROSS FRONTIER INSTEAD.
Old 2008-09-14, 18:42   Link #10616
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
NO. I don't see anything of that sort.

It was wasted energy rooting for my favorite character. In the end I feel every plot twist in CG R2 is nothing but a bunch of crap.

They killed Kallen off, when Lulu killed the OOTBK. Goro could have at least shown some remorse.

A river of blood for Euphie? What if Kallen was in that ship? So everything CG R2 was about Euphie and Nunally.

He is willing to exchange a loyal ally for a Lacus clone. And I don't think he would even mind if Kallen died - or was part of the OOTBK thing that exploded.

I HATE R2. REALLY HATE IT. THIS IS NOT ABOUT TROLLING. ITS A FAN WHO IS HIGHLY FRUSTRATED. MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE WATCHED MACROSS FRONTIER INSTEAD.
you still can you know
Old 2008-09-14, 18:43   Link #10617
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:

Your forgot Kallen finding solace in Gino after having her heart broken.
Old 2008-09-14, 18:44   Link #10618
Baixinho

Quote:

Cakes are bad Var. You don't want to eat them. You don't need to eat them. You're stronger than them. Come on Var, say it with me. Say NO to the cake!
No to the cake!
No to the cake!
No to the cake!
No to the cake!

Quote:

I understand your disappointment, but there are still 2 episodes before the end. They may just by playing with our minds right now. And characters who seem to be useless could play in big role in the final eps. Wait for the end of Ep 25 before losing faith. It's not over until it's over.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 18:45   Link #10619
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:

Not gonna happen.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 18:45   Link #10620
honeypie_0106

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
I don't think this thread is the appropriate place for this particular gripe, but I digress.

To Bladeofdarkness : Yeah, with how this episode played out, there really wasn't any room for character development aside from Scheizel's asshattery and the battle
Then where do you suggest I put my rantings in? I was a Kallen fan. This is my stronghold everytime other girls get a good shot at LULU.

My faith just broke down. I'm killing my fanhood at the place it started in.

Seriously, are you still a fan? Don't you get a feeling of being royally screwed since the time they killed off Charles and Marianne. So Taniguchi wanted the villians to kill off the world and reboot the entire thing. Then he should have atleast made Schniezek succeed Charles plan, and not make them into seperate fractions for the heck of it!