AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-03-08, 05:23   Link #21
denice25

sounds great if true!!! Planetarian is worth making into a movie..
denice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 08:15   Link #22
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioIzzy View Post
That would be great
It's great for people that'd seen Key's other works yet cannot play the game because of the language barrier.
Great if it's true and I trust it will be well done as with most of Key works.
Planetarian has been translated to English though (Although i will never forgive them for butchering Yumemi's name with that literal translation of it ... ), so people in possession of the game have the option of reading it in English as well

That aside, i am not sure it would be wise to jump on this rumor before we get something more substantial to chew on. If, by any chance, this happens to be true though, i am hoping it turns out longer than the aforementioned 30 minutes. A movie length could be just about right, but 30 minutes wouldn't be nearly enough to convey the mood and build proper attachment to the characters.
Old 2009-03-08, 14:49   Link #23
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
A movie length could be just about right, but 30 minutes wouldn't be nearly enough to convey the mood and build proper attachment to the characters.
Not like those 4 hours of gameplay were enough. In my opinion, planetarian is one of the most overrated pieces written by Key, and that's only because it was one of the first ever to be translated into English.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 22:53   Link #24
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

After 4 hours of kn play with no breaks, I was rooting for those 2. It is an emotional roller coaster ride. I didn't think it was overrated. I did think that Key had a cruel streak toying with us during this title.
Old 2009-03-10, 16:59   Link #25
HammerOrNails
One day...
*Artist

Waiting eagerly for this one as well. Didn't manage to get through the whole of Planetarian, but it definitely seemed to have its own "style" so to say.
HammerOrNails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 04:10   Link #26
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Is this truly is being made, I'd love to see a preview. KyoAni is probably going to have a preview at the end of Clannad episode 23, which is about 9 days from this post. The preview is likely to be about a Key adaption, which could be Planetarian or Little Busters or even Tomoyo After, so I greatly anticipate it.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 04:46   Link #27
puzk
I'm still a Junior Member

Please please please be true!

It would be a whole year in waiting (once again) just to see this one coming out at the usual time of around oct/nov this year.

I can't imagine KyoAni showing this in less than 50 minutes. They took 24 episodes and re-animated Kanon, they went through the trouble of making 2 seasons of Clannad.
puzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 13:56   Link #28
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Is this truly is being made, I'd love to see a preview. KyoAni is probably going to have a preview at the end of Clannad episode 23, which is about 9 days from this post. The preview is likely to be about a Key adaption, which could be Planetarian or Little Busters or even Tomoyo After, so I greatly anticipate it.
Come on KyoAni. Little Busters Little Busters Little Busters Little Busters.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 20:42   Link #29
BOZZY

So was there any announcement?
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 21:11   Link #30
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
no it will probably come at the end of 23. The end of 22 was a prev of episode 23

I hoping for the movie rumors to be true but longer versions and maybe OVA's and ONE Remake please ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 22:10   Link #31
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Ah great already tearing up thinking about it...crum...

30 minutes feels awfully short though, but I takes what I can gets...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 21:12   Link #32
magnum
Lurking Around

So Planetarian the Movie is next, then a series?

Just like Clannad which the Movie comes first before the series yet the difference is the movie was done by TOEI right.

I would expect that this one follows with a series.
Old 2009-03-13, 21:20   Link #33
Nosauz

clannad movie and clannad the series are made by two different companies, toei made teh move, kyoto animation did the series. It will probably be a movie since the source material is fairly light in length
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 21:56   Link #34
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Reported it is a 4 hour kinetic novel (no paths or arcs) verse Clannnad's 90 hours minimum visual novel (multiple paths and arcs). KyoAni managed to get Clannad down to less than 20 hours of screen time (roughly 22 minute episodes x 48 episodes), so they can get a 4 hour game down a bit if they can use the show not tell approach for many things. Though at that ratio it shoud be a 45 minute movie if not an hour.

TOEI managed to get Clannad down to 90 minutes, though they cut practically all the paths out of it and basically did a straight rough summary of the main plot path that gets you into After Story and gave a very, very short version of After Story.
Old 2009-03-14, 00:09   Link #35
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Reported it is a 4 hour kinetic novel (no paths or arcs) verse Clannnad's 90 hours minimum visual novel (multiple paths and arcs). KyoAni managed to get Clannad down to less than 20 hours of screen time (roughly 22 minute episodes x 48 episodes), so they can get a 4 hour game down a bit if they can use the show not tell approach for many things. Though at that ratio it shoud be a 45 minute movie if not an hour.

TOEI managed to get Clannad down to 90 minutes, though they cut practically all the paths out of it and basically did a straight rough summary of the main plot path that gets you into After Story and gave a very, very short version of After Story.

Don't forget the planetarian short story releases. There is more content than just the game out there.
Old 2009-03-14, 00:19   Link #36
Used Can

I don't think a movie would be a good idea. Tomoyo After has had a really short (manga) adaptation already, and it told the story in quite a poor fashion omitting many important details. Now, a 60 minutes movie for TA and a 30 minutes one for Planeterian would be far too short for the stories to, at the very least, be fleshed out decently. Personally, if this rumour is indeed true, I think this can only end up badly.
Old 2009-03-14, 01:55   Link #37
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

For a movie you wouldn't use the short stories as that would overwhelm the viewers, especially with a limtied amount of time. A short OVA series, a pair of movies, or one longer movie (two hours at least) might do it with the short stories added in. I doubt there is enough content for a 13 episode TV series unless they really work at it.
Old 2009-03-14, 02:27   Link #38
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Planetarian is one piece where I think some of the people that's been decrying about the issues of inability to emphasize due to abstract and non-realistic circumstances might have a harder time to poke holes at. I actually think that 30 minutes should be sufficient to sum it up, although maybe 60 minutes would be better given that certain details such as Yumemi's presentation with Miss Gena should not be sacrificed due to their pivotal importance in conveying the message of the story.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 02:50   Link #39
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Come on KyoAni. Little Busters Little Busters Little Busters Little Busters.
That would be the ultimate Rickroll for people wanting a new Full Metal Panic.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 03:11   Link #40
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Is the "last" novel finished? If not then I wouldn't expect Full Metal Panic just yet (wish for it that is another things....desire more Tessa).

As for Planetarian...it is still Key, and if done correctly, it will be sad.