AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 63 42.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 31.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 12.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 9.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-19, 19:23   Link #21
Miraluka
Banned

Ayako subs are ready

Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 19:24   Link #22
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
This episode felt really rushed, particularly the teleporter fight. What was up with Kuroko not being able to teleport? Did I miss the explanation for that or was it just skipped?
Really? I thought the teleporter fight was fairly long if you added it up and left out the talk inbetween.
A second before the tables appeared, you saw how she was in pain. That pain made her lose concentration, disrupting her calculation usually needed for a teleportation.
In case you remember when she was grabbed by Sherry Cromwell's golem, she also couldn't teleport out of the stone hand due to pain, though that was initial pain and not from already existing wounds, but that shouldn't be a big difference.
Old 2010-11-19, 19:26   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I went ahead and fixed that for you. There's no reason for Touma or anyone else to actually have been able to beat Accelerator before he chose to take that bullet to the head.

This episode felt really rushed, particularly the teleporter fight. What was up with Kuroko not being able to teleport? Did I miss the explanation for that or was it just skipped?

The sight of Kuroko rising from that pile of extremely heavy looking furniture was cool, but totally unbelievable. I felt really bad for the other chick though. She really just needed a hug. I have no idea why it was necessary for Accelerator to come through and punch her straight into that building.
Appreciate the effort .

Figured Kuroko not being able to teleport was as the other girl said, she was in too much pain. It was a pretty brutal fight and she took some rough hits on top of what happened in the alley. Considering these are mental abilities I'd assume having your head clouded by pain would interfere with delicate things like teleporting your body.

Well that girl made some critical mistakes. First she caused problems that forced Accelerator to go outside to find her. Then she went and started ranting at him. Besides it teaches her a valuable lesson. Do stupid things and an Accelerator will punch you into a building. Can say she won't make that mistake again .
Old 2010-11-19, 19:44   Link #24
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Ah thanks fro all the answers. It's really hard to sort all the details with how fast paced they make everything. That's too bad that he's now weaker, I hope he regains his full powers. He's still awesome though.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 19:46   Link #25
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

That was my favourite episode yet. The action scene were well animated. They were some lines that I wish were spoken, but the episode flowed in a way that made me indifferent. I look forward to the next arc.
Old 2010-11-19, 19:51   Link #26
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Kuroko needs absolute focus when teleporting, and this absolute focus can be disturbed by any kind of stress.
Ah, okay. I thought that might have been it, but she seemed so surprised by the fact I was thinking something else was up. I wouldn't think she'd be surprised at a handicap she knows is likely to become an issue.

And then, of course, her hulking out from under that pile of heavy tables and whatnot really doesn't help me being fine with the pain being too much to concentrate through. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Really? I thought the teleporter fight was fairly long if you added it up and left out the talk inbetween.
It probably felt short because it felt rushed. And then, after Kuroko got pinned down, I didn't consider anything after that the fight. It's so one-sided afterwards, it doesn't really feel like a fight.

It was also short because I want more Kuroko. >.>
Old 2010-11-19, 19:57   Link #27
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

To clear up some issues that the anime might have simply glossed over, here's more excerpts from the original text, courtesy of the amazing Teh_Ping who translated it. If you want to make a comparison to how J.C.Staff portrayed what happened, go ahead and read them.

Awaki VS. Kuroko:
Spoiler for volume 8 break or crash:

Basically, Kuroko's wounds reopened and the pain was too much for her to calculate the coordinates for teleporting. The same thing happened in the first season's Sherry VS. Kuroko with the golem, where she couldn't concentrate.

The exact reason why Awaki broke down after Kuroko talked back to her:

It's a bit similar to Index's Sheol Fear, in which Kuroko pointed out the contradiction in the line of thinking that Awaki lived by. That forced her to look at her own faults and it "broke" her.

What exactly happened when Mikoto and Touma saved Kuroko, + an extra dialogue at the end that wasn't included in the anime:

The exact reason behind Awaki's trauma of teleporting herself:

And finally, a line that wasn't included in the Touma+Index conversation at the end:
Spoiler for volume 8 one place, one scene:

Last edited by SuzushinaYuriko; 2010-11-19 at 20:18.
SuzushinaYuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 20:02   Link #28
ReddyRedWolf

So did Touma obtain the Kuroko flag or not? At least he got a Kuroko fanservice, along with a slap in the face via teleport.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 20:05   Link #29
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

I guess there are no gentlemen at all in this anime...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 20:10   Link #30
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
So did Touma obtain the Kuroko flag or not? At least he got a Kuroko fanservice, along with a slap in the face via teleport.
There is no flag to be obtained in the first place...

Other than that, too bad the arc ended already, means Kuroko is back to at most having 2 lines in an episode. As for Accelerator, well, he's back...weaken but still as crazy as ever.
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 20:14   Link #31
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

woulda gave it a ten if they showed this part

Spoiler for V.8:

although probably shoulda gave it an 10 for accels part. Makes u wonder how touma beat him.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 20:19   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
woulda gave it a ten if they showed this part

Spoiler for V.8:

although probably shoulda gave it an 10 for accels part. Makes u wonder how touma beat him.
I thought his loss was pretty simple. Didn't use his head for anything other than calculations. His ability gets canceled and he doesn't stop and think. Could have easily killed Touma by being a little cautious and just sticking to range. That and some plot armor for Touma sealed the fight.

Too bad they couldn't fit that scene, but still a great episode .
Old 2010-11-19, 20:24   Link #33
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
To clear up some issues that the anime might have simply glossed over, here's more excerpts from the original text, courtesy of the amazing Teh_Ping who translated it. If you want to make a comparison to how J.C.Staff portrayed what happened, go ahead and read them.

Awaki VS. Kuroko:

Basically, Kuroko's wounds reopened and the pain was too much for her to calculate the coordinates for teleporting. The same thing happened in the first season's Sherry VS. Kuroko with the golem, where she couldn't concentrate.

The exact reason why Awaki broke down after Kuroko talked back to her:

It's a bit similar to Index's Sheol Fear, in which Kuroko pointed out the contradiction in the line of thinking that Awaki lived by. That forced her to look at her own faults and it "broke" her.

What exactly happened when Mikoto and Touma saved Kuroko, + an extra dialogue at the end that wasn't included in the anime:

The exact reason behind Awaki's trauma of teleporting herself:

And finally, a line that wasn't included in the Touma+Index conversation at the end:
Spoiler for volume 8 one place, one scene:
Wow, thanks a lot for this. A lot of my questions, like why Kuroko suddenly can't start teleporting anymore or why Musujima suddenly broke down is answered perfectly here, as well as some other great stuffs that seems a waste not to be animated. But oh well, time constraints and all, at least they dedicate the budget on the awesome fights with the great soundtracks. Yeah, I guess now that it's finished I'll try and find a time to read the whole volume when I can.
Old 2010-11-19, 20:25   Link #34
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
I guess there are no gentlemen at all in this anime...
Punching nuns in the face didn't make it clear?
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 20:27   Link #35
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Punching nuns in the face didn't make it clear?
Well, in that case it was still Touma, so I thought he was the only one...

Old 2010-11-19, 20:30   Link #36
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I thought his loss was pretty simple. Didn't use his head for anything other than calculations. His ability gets canceled and he doesn't stop and think. Could have easily killed Touma by being a little cautious and just sticking to range. That and some plot armor for Touma sealed the fight.
Actually I was under the impression that Accelerator was trying to input whatever Attack Touma was using into his Redirection filter. He doesn't know that it was specifically the ability to negate and just assumes there's a trick to it.... Same thing as Mikoto. Or I propose another theory, that Touma's Brain is on par with Accelerator's in term of processing, only that he uses it on instinct while Accelerator has full control... Mah~ This theory wouldn't make sense to most people yet, but just keep that in mind

My only beef with this episode is that they should have spend more time elaborating the reason why Awaki broke down, I don't recall it in the novel because... Well... I just skipped right to the part where Touma and Accelerator saved the day which was pretty much the reason why I've even bothered with that volume.

Yes, I watch Railgun to see Touma and Accelerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Well, in that case it was still Touma, so I thought he was the only one...

Accelerator's less of gentlemen after forcing Awaki to teleport above him-

“Ha ha! Thank you for letting me enjoy the scenery underneath your skirt!!”

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-11-19 at 20:46.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 20:37   Link #37
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Damn man accelerator still probably is the strongest lol even getting a bullet into his skull he can kick ass literally like a friggen tornado lol
Old 2010-11-19, 20:41   Link #38
D-Gold
Aurum

Accel pretty much stole the episode. I think I am going to re-watch the accel vs touma fight in the first season now.

Last edited by D-Gold; 2010-11-19 at 21:03.
D-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 21:01   Link #39
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Accelerator's less of gentlemen after forcing Awaki to teleport above him-

“Ha ha! Thank you for letting me enjoy the scenery underneath your skirt!!”
I REALLY have to read the novels now...

Old 2010-11-19, 21:04   Link #40
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Damn man accelerator still probably is the strongest lol even getting a bullet into his skull he can kick ass literally like a friggen tornado lol
Didn't he use his power at the last second to keep the bullet from doing any serious damage?

Amazing episode, but damn. Now this arc is over I get this horrible feeling Kuroko will go back to being the character who never says anything and Uiharu probably won't even show up at all. *sits and hopes for a Railgun season 2*. Accelerator really did go a bit too far, she's basically killed herself from teleporting so much and he just smashes her face in.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote