AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 18 34.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 32.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 23.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-15, 02:20   Link #321
ShoShinjo
Nanoha fan... FROM HELL!!

Send a message via MSN to ShoShinjo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post
I'm kinda curious, I haven't read through the whole thread, but was any one else damn giddy when they realized that Tea went for the double headshot? No pansying around and just hitting the enemy in the body or anything like most other shows. Just straight out, efficient, merciless headshooting. I believe she also went for a head shot on Lutecia in the episode where they rescued Vivio. Man, she's ruthless with the gun.

I think this just made her my favourite character. Like the wise words of a man...

"BOOM! HEADSHOT!"

The only thing that could have made it even better is Tea going for the third headshot, Trinity's "dogdge this!" style.
Regarding that, I recall something from the manga: In a chat with Hayate, Nanoha mentions that the Stars (Subaru & Teana) are pretty reckless and unpredictable when combating, then Subaru & Teana are shown with a "One Hit KO sign behind them (then Hayate mentions that they resemble the old Nanoha, since she aimed for Full Power when casting any spell xD).

Subaru is really agressive when fighting, so I won't be surprised if Teana is just mean and merciless (I mean, that time when Nanoha got mad, Teana's attack went overboard for a training session). But, if Teana has something going for her, is that precision when she really focus on something: that misfire on subaru was due to over stressing, but when she thinks clearly, her shots are deadly.
Old 2007-09-15, 09:03   Link #322
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, magic headshots aren't the same as headshots with physical bullets.

I mean, Vice shot a kid in the freaking eye, and she just lost use of her eye for a while. I doubt Teana's shot are in any way lethal.
Old 2007-09-15, 09:09   Link #323
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I was under the impression the eye is dead even if no genuinely visible scars remain. That, or that eye is prosthetic.

And clearly the shots can be lethal if intended to. The shot that Teana fired at Lutecia that was shielded by Garyuu was strong enough to break off a piece of his shell. Along with all that magical damage ~ physical damage talk as well for magical attacks.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-15, 10:10   Link #324
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It still looks clouded, but the fact she "had" to wear an eyepatch before, to me, means it was healing.

And yes, I'm sure magic shot can be made lethal. But my point was, just because it's a headshot doesn't mean Teana is going for the kill. And even if she shoots pretty hard - she may just be counting on her opponent's defense for the shot to not be lethal.
Old 2007-09-15, 15:30   Link #325
CrazyPerson

About the girl's eye, the lack of the usual "eye shine" seems to indicate that it's a prosthetic. Made to make the girl look less like a one-eyed freak. The patch could indicate it was newly installed and it needs some healing, therefore, eye patch. My own view though, however.

About the "counting on her opponent's defense for the shot to not be lethal." thing, I still find it takes a little bit of ruthlessness to aim for the head. Ruthlessness doesn't mean that she was going for the kill, even if it's pretty ruthless.

Say you see one guy punch another guy in the gut, and another guy punches someone else in the head. Both aren't going for the kill, but who's meaner?

That's my point about the headshots.
Old 2007-09-15, 16:11   Link #326
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The one who punches in the gut. The other guy doesn't want to play around and is trying to win with a minimum of fuss.

(More seriously: head, gut... Hit what you can, and worry about the details later.)
Old 2007-09-15, 18:57   Link #327
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post
About the girl's eye, the lack of the usual "eye shine" seems to indicate that it's a prosthetic. Made to make the girl look less like a one-eyed freak. The patch could indicate it was newly installed and it needs some healing, therefore, eye patch. My own view though, however.

About the "counting on her opponent's defense for the shot to not be lethal." thing, I still find it takes a little bit of ruthlessness to aim for the head. Ruthlessness doesn't mean that she was going for the kill, even if it's pretty ruthless.

Say you see one guy punch another guy in the gut, and another guy punches someone else in the head. Both aren't going for the kill, but who's meaner?

That's my point about the headshots.
Ye I also thought that the girl is still blind - nothing a little cyborg tech cant sort out, with the added bonus of having xray vision

About Tea's shots, i dont really think that she put a lot of magical energy it those shots in the first place. If you look, they didnt blow up on contact or anything but rather "spashed" out like it was fired from a water cannon or something. Her aim was to make sure to knock them out (which didnt work for the number with lightsabers - gah i cant rmemeber her name ). I dont think Tea is being anymore rutheless than the numbers are...and heck if it failed to knock them out she risks getting decapitated (so why take the chance?)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-15, 21:07   Link #328
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Ye I also thought that the girl is still blind - nothing a little cyborg tech cant sort out, with the added bonus of having xray vision

(which didnt work for the number with lightsabers - gah i cant rmemeber her name :heh
Yet Cinque can't get a new eye?...

Deed/Dido
Old 2007-09-15, 21:24   Link #329
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yet Cinque can't get a new eye?...
Jail got lazy? Cinque doesn't think it's necessary?

*shrugged*
Old 2007-09-15, 21:51   Link #330
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
She might want to keep it as memento (like a kind of trophy) since Zest must be similar to powerful/worthy prey

or it was just damaged way beyond repair.
Old 2007-09-16, 00:25   Link #331
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
She might want to keep it as memento (like a kind of trophy) since Zest must be similar to powerful/worthy prey

or it was just damaged way beyond repair.
it could also be proof of a battle grudge, ie gundam seed yzak's scar and vow to defeat the strike gundam.
Old 2007-09-16, 00:58   Link #332
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
it could also be proof of a battle grudge, ie gundam seed yzak's scar and vow to defeat the strike gundam.
Yes but there's no need for her to do that since she won.
Old 2007-09-16, 01:27   Link #333
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
*Looks at your sig

Ginga's so sexy in that skin-tight sentoukijin suit.

Makes Subaru look like a kid in comparison.
Old 2007-09-16, 04:04   Link #334
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
*Looks at your sig

Ginga's so sexy in that skin-tight sentoukijin suit.

Makes Subaru look like a kid in comparison.
But it's all over now, oh yes, it's all over... thanks to episode 24's haxx-ness...
Old 2007-09-16, 04:24   Link #335
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, let's look on the bright side.

Now that most obstacles are gone, maybe 25 will actually have a decently paced fight for once without relying on much h4xx, despite it's h4xx-screaming title.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-16, 04:29   Link #336
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, let's look on the bright side.

Now that most obstacles are gone, maybe 25 will actually have a decently paced fight for once without relying on much h4xx, despite it's h4xx-screaming title.

Well, as long as nanoha doesn't make it like Subaru and spend unholy amounts of time talking to Vivio and getting ridiculous amount of flashbacks...

(Though a bit of follow up from the other groups would be nice, but not that it'll matter...)

GOD SAKES, NANOHA!! BE WHO YOU ARE MEANT TO BE!!!! FORGET WHAT CHRONO AND YUUNO SAID ABOUT SAFETY !!!!

P.S - Full release is pretty much going to be the h4xx
Old 2007-09-16, 06:04   Link #337
Tormenk

At the very least, let it be a memorable fight. OHKO like Tre and Sette anyone?
Old 2007-09-16, 07:01   Link #338
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, as long as nanoha doesn't make it like Subaru and spend unholy amounts of time talking to Vivio and getting ridiculous amount of flashbacks...
I fear that might happen tbh...

nanoha: "vivio! remember who you are!"
vivio: "I am the bringer of death, thats who i am!"
nanoha:

knowing how nanoha doesnt want to hurt vivio, im not putting my hopes up too much for her to go full out killing mode...(shame imo )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-16, 12:52   Link #339
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Spoiler for Thoughts / wtf:
Old 2007-09-20, 06:49   Link #340
Laevatein

Geez... I'm away from the boards and enjoying the show perfectly fine, and check back here and find all this complaining! Maybe there's something to that "shows are more fun when you don't read the message boards" theory.

Then again, it could be because DC Comics' recent storylines are making StrikerS look like Shakespeare in comparison...
Closed Thread