AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-04-26, 02:50   Link #81
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Boy am I glad One Piece will be back on the air, hopefully it gets even better ratings than the last time it was on TV. I'm liking how Funimation is treating One Piece these days, keep up the good work guys.

Wonder if Toonami will air the new film coming out soon? Of course not now but later, like what they did with Naruto movie 1 {Forget the name sorry} What do you guys think?

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 02:57   Link #82
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
^ I think Funimation would have to dub the OTHER movies first before they can even consider the idea. I mean, right now the only one they got dubbed is Desert Princess and the Pirates.... which is just Alabasta.
Old 2013-04-27, 19:48   Link #83
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

On another note... I'd like to show everyone Funimation's dub of Soge-.... I mean Sniper King's intro...

So what's everyone's opinions on it? Personally I'm mixed on it.... but more leaning towards liking it. I DO believe they could've easily just called him "Sogeking" instead of "Sniper King", but I understand why it was done and all.
Old 2013-05-23, 22:09   Link #84
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Some goods news on the Toonami premiere of One Piece, seems out of ALL the other shows on the block... One Piece had the highest amount of viewers~

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...995000-viewers

Considering it beat out Bleach and Naruto (both popular in the western world), I'd say that's good... but I'd like to see how the views for this week's One Piece are before I render a judgement on it~
Old 2013-05-24, 01:40   Link #85
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

In other news...we will be receiving Episodes 264-275 dubbed on July 23, 2013.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 05:15   Link #86
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

So yeah... did anyone else hear the Funimation "Brand New World"?

Yeah... that's right.... it's not dubbed. Either they've given up on dubbing openings/endings for now until a later date.... or they figured it wasn't worth it at the moment to dub an opening that's only 15 episodes long.... it's really a shame. "Brand New World" was easily in my Top 3 favourite openings...
Old 2013-07-31, 07:26   Link #87
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
So yeah... did anyone else hear the Funimation "Brand New World"?

Yeah... that's right.... it's not dubbed. Either they've given up on dubbing openings/endings for now until a later date.... or they figured it wasn't worth it at the moment to dub an opening that's only 15 episodes long.... it's really a shame. "Brand New World" was easily in my Top 3 favourite openings...
Basically the Japanese rights-holders seem to have decided somewhere in between the release of season 3 and 4 that they don't want FUNi dubbing their songs anymore, to, I dunno, provide more exposure and advertisments for the original artists or something? In any case, it seems a pretty fair bet that we will not be seeing any more dubbed songs for One Piece. Hopefully at least songs like Binks's Brew or Ocean's Guide from the new movie, aka songs that are actually sung in-universe by the actual characters, are excempt from this and will still be dubbed though. Because having the actual characters suddenly starting to sing in Japanese mid-episode would just be plain weird.
Old 2013-07-31, 07:44   Link #88
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Basically the Japanese rights-holders seem to have decided somewhere in between the release of season 3 and 4 that they don't want FUNi dubbing their songs anymore, to, I dunno, provide more exposure and advertisments for the original artists or something? In any case, it seems a pretty fair bet that we will not be seeing any more dubbed songs for One Piece. Hopefully at least songs like Binks's Brew or Ocean's Guide from the new movie, aka songs that are actually sung in-universe by the actual characters, are excempt from this and will still be dubbed though. Because having the actual characters suddenly starting to sing in Japanese mid-episode would just be plain weird.
Well, considering they actually dubbed Sogeking's theme, I think it's a decent bet they'll still dub the "in universe" songs~
Old 2013-09-10, 19:20   Link #89
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Well... we got to hear Brook's Funimation now... Ian Sinclair will be playing Brook in Strong World.

Never would'a guessed he'd be the one... but I'm loving him already~
Old 2013-09-10, 21:54   Link #90
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Very nice . I'm already a fan of Brook's voice. You can tell Ian's having a blast playing the character. Franky's voice I'm still getting used to (it's a fitting voice, just very different than the japanese counterpart).
Old 2013-09-15, 14:31   Link #91
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Brook's new voice is AWESOME! I really loved his "OH SO I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU HUH?!" Line, that completely sold me!

And now all of the mugiwaras have English voices!!
Thatguy3331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 22:38   Link #92
Blackbeard D. Kuma

VA Onigumo's voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faup3rThc9g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnctNMQEq5k

Well cast, I must say.
Old 2014-04-28, 02:56   Link #93
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Well... I figured when I originally saw this news that someone else would jump to it and post it up... but well...

Funimation buys rights to dub/release One Piece: Film Z, scheduled for Fall 2014 release
Old 2014-04-29, 23:38   Link #94
BPD Renegade

^ Nice. I've been watching their Water 7 dub on Toonami, and I gotta say, I was highly impressed by the work they did with Franky's flashback.

They made a good decision changing VAs for Franky and Iceberg, instead of doing what they usually do, like with FMA, etc.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 19:46   Link #95
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

So... we finally got Bink's Sake... or as Funimation is calling it... "Binks' Brew".

Personally, I really like it. It sounds more natural then I thought, and as I figured... Ian Sinclair is getting alot better at the laugh~
Old 2014-12-26, 23:50   Link #96
Blackbeard D. Kuma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUgVcY_P6II

Moria and Kuma converse over Blackbeard's appointment into the shichibukai and the balance of power.
Old 2015-05-03, 23:30   Link #97
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...er-he-inspired

I struggled to find a relevant thread to post this in but this is pretty amusing regardless.