AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-12-04, 08:04   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 86-87 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 08:22   Link #2
takodori

Just a trivia about relationship between Shika(deer) and Nara. We Japanese tend to associate Nara with Shika(deer) easily since many of us have an experience of visiting Nara Park due to school journey in our childhood. Does it make sense that deer appear in the battle of Shkamaru vs Hidan?

Quote:
Nara Park (奈良公園, Nara Kōen?) is a public park located in the city of Nara, Japan, at the foot of Mount Wakakusa, established in 1880. Administratively, the park is under the control of Nara Prefecture. The park is one of the "Places of Scenic Beauty" designated by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT). The over 1,200 wild sika deer (シカ or 鹿 shika) freely roaming around in the park is also under designation of MEXT, classified as a "Natural Monument." While the official size of the park is about 502 ha, the area including the grounds of Tōdai-ji, Kōfuku-ji and Kasuga Shrine, which are either on the edge or surrounded by Nara Park, is as large as 660 ha.
From the page of Nara Park of Wikipedia
takodori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 08:56   Link #3
neshru

It was an okay special. Pretty slow paced, episode 87 in particular, but still quite entertaining. This arc should be over in the next couple of episodes, and then a filler arc involving team 8 and the Three-tails will start.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 09:12   Link #4
strategos

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
It was an okay special. Pretty slow paced, episode 87 in particular, but still quite entertaining. This arc should be over in the next couple of episodes, and then a filler arc involving team 8 and the Three-tails will start.
Did you say 3-tails O_O? Sure is not a typo? Shouldn't it be (3)^2-Tails?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 09:22   Link #5
neshru

Yup, it's the three-tails. It seems they are changing the manga story a bit.
Old 2008-12-04, 11:25   Link #6
Julianlivre
Almighty

Send a message via MSN to Julianlivre
ooo really looking forward to watch the special episode :P
Old 2008-12-04, 13:12   Link #7
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

You guys heard the news? Naruto will (starting january) be aired for free on naruto.com, subbed and all, It's an interesting move
Kenshin_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 13:25   Link #8
Heavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
NOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo Fillers!
Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 13:59   Link #9
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Serenity now!

And wasn't the 3 tails captured already?
Old 2008-12-04, 14:09   Link #10
naruske

it better be a good filler. its only delaying the inevitable....sasuke....just to get his storyline over with
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 14:19   Link #11
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Serenity now!

Not in the anime.
Old 2008-12-04, 14:20   Link #12
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Serenity now!

You mean the Girl? that was the 2-tails
Old 2008-12-04, 14:26   Link #13
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The girl was captured already
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 14:52   Link #14
Fran~
floating away...

Team 8????.... argggggg... here come Hinata Shippers again
3 tails???... well... that poster of jinchuurikis was a hint.

more fillers... i gonna die... and naruto.com?, online episodes, shitty quality???
Old 2008-12-04, 15:12   Link #15
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Yeah the quality might be an issue :/
Kenshin_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 15:22   Link #16
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

Hidan got PWNED !!!! That's what happens when you mess with Shika
Old 2008-12-04, 16:07   Link #17
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Wow the soundtrack was all over the place. I particularly like Naruto's technique's sound effect. Sounded like a helicopter was about to land straight on your face. I guess Kakuzu thought the same.

"Oh noes, I can't let that helicopter land on my face!"

Anyways, very entertaining episode as always, gonna wait to see the Subs before getting a clear idea, but I'm very pleased with the anime at the moment. In fact, I was kind of surprised that after they had sealed the two-tails they ignored this other bit. They skipped the brief hilarious intermission of Akatsuki in their mission to get the Three-tails. Now things make more sense, they were holding it up as extra.

Compared to part I anime, it seems part II anime has gotten a lot bolder in its use of fillers and deliberately mixes up the thing. The Sora filler arc worked closely with the story to introduce the "King" concept, and the next arc is using manga material to expand on a mysterious character. Interesting.

In short, I'm now as clueless as the anime-watchers, but at the same time pretty happy because team 8's later appearance is in a very long time. A filler arc with them in it is most appropriate.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 16:21   Link #18
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Wow the soundtrack was all over the place. I particularly like Naruto's technique's sound effect. Sounded like a helicopter was about to land straight on your face. I guess Kakuzu thought the same.

"Oh noes, I can't let that helicopter land on my face!"

Anyways, very entertaining episode as always, gonna wait to see the Subs before getting a clear idea, but I'm very pleased with the anime at the moment. In fact, I was kind of surprised that after they had sealed the two-tails they ignored this other bit. They skipped the brief hilarious intermission of Akatsuki in their mission to get the Three-tails. Now things make more sense, they were holding it up as extra.

Compared to part I anime, it seems part II anime has gotten a lot bolder in its use of fillers and deliberately mixes up the thing. The Sora filler arc worked closely with the story to introduce the "King" concept, and the next arc is using manga material to expand on a mysterious character. Interesting.

In short, I'm now as clueless as the anime-watchers, but at the same time pretty happy because team 8's later appearance is in a very long time. A filler arc with them in it is most appropriate.
Seems the anime finally figured out the right way to use fillers? Don't you think it's a case of "too little, too late"?
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 16:24   Link #19
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Seems the anime finally figured out the right way to use fillers? Don't you think it's a case of "too little, too late"?
Why would it be too late? We're just getting started with part 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
more fillers... i gonna die...
Just watch them with an open mind. The Sora arc may have had a lame ending, but it was pretty good for the most part.
Old 2008-12-04, 16:26   Link #20
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Hm.. You're being so pessimistic! I'd rather think it's a case of "Better late than never"!

Besides, as neshru stated, part 2 has just begun. You should consider it a stand-alone series. Part I is the beginning of the story, but essentially, the way the story is told and how the fights take place has changed drastically.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote