AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 4 9.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 39.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-10, 15:34   Link #41
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Very good episode. I've always thought there were a few characters in the group that really needed some fleshing out and Yayoi was the obvious one so I'm glad the show was savvy to that and gave an episode to her as well as expanding on the Sibylverse and what it means to live in it.
Old 2013-01-10, 16:07   Link #42
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I see episode and Yayoi so cute!! and 778?!!
Old 2013-01-10, 16:09   Link #43
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
I see episode and Yayoi so cute!! and 778?!!
You misread it, her P-P was actually 118 in fact, except reversed (like a mirror) visual-wise.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-01-10, 16:15   Link #44
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
You misread it, her P-P was actually 118 in fact, except reversed (like a mirror) visual-wise.
ho ok...

In any case, I wonder if the next episode will be entitled to a flashback? I do not think so because I think this episode is there for us to see Rina because as Yayoi did not stop there 3 years ago What can be see her again in the "present time"? I think ...
Old 2013-01-10, 16:19   Link #45
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So we got a look at Yayoi's backstory. I don't mind, but i really wanted to see what happened to Akane. Wonder if she ever caught Rina.
Old 2013-01-10, 16:20   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm glad we got to see some of Yayoi's backstory -she was the main character that needed it the most, as she had barely any screentime until now- but the timing is pretty cruel. I was dying to find out what kind of consequences the previous episode's events had on Akane, and instead I got a flashback episode... that hurts. Ah well, that just means I'll have to wait a bit longer.

This episode did a great job fleshing out Yayoi and expanding on the world of Psycho-pass. We got to learn about more about the life of latent criminals and the way the Sibyl system works. It seems like rehabilitation is a bit of a sham, as Kogami claims almost nobody ever gets discharged from the rehab facilities. Latent criminals either get used to their new life or break down. There is no salvation once Sibyl has branded you harmful to society, unless you are gifted with a very strong mind.

We also finally got introduced to Sasayama, and I have to say he was a bit different from what I imagined. He gets off on killing criminals. He's definitely well suited to the job of enforcer. I'm slightly surprised Kogami became close to a guy like him. I suppose he doesn't only have bad sides, he does seem like a pretty good guy to hang around with if you ignore what I said above.

Moving on to the new OP and ED. The OP plain sucks compared to the previous one. Full of reused animation and a meh song. Will make sure to skip it from now on. ED is full of naked people and the song is good, so I guess it's cool even if I liked the first one better.
Old 2013-01-10, 16:23   Link #47
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So we got a look at Yayoi's backstory. I don't mind, but i really wanted to see what happened to Akane. Wonder if she ever caught Rina.
maybe this is why Yayoi has agreed to become enforcer to capture Rina? Would not it be? So now that I think either in the next episode there will be a flashback and continued until his capture Rina have either come back in the present time or will see have Rina and his band

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2013-01-10 at 16:38.
Old 2013-01-10, 16:37   Link #48
Kazu-kun

This episode felt really underwhelming to me. We didn't even get a proper reason for Yayoi's psycho-path. Yes, they do mention that artists tend to have high psycho-path readings, but c'mon! That might say something about the Sibyl system, but it makes Yayoi's character feel really flat.

The confrontation between Yayoi and Rina at the end was all over the place too. Yayoi decided to leave the rehabilitation facility because of this girl (the pack of guitar strings Kogami showed her reminded her of Rina). Yet, when she realizes Rina isn't the person she thought she was (or that she changed), she's all ready to shoot her? What if the dominator wasn't locked? She might have killed the girl that was the very reason she was there in the first place.

At the end, after confirming that Yayoi tried to use the gun, Kogami tells Gino that Sibyl was right in her assessment of Yayoi (that she could make a good enforcer), and I couldn't help thinking, "that's not a compliment you idiot".

I don't even know why she accepted becoming an enforcer at the end. Did she do it because she felt betrayed? But she betrayed Rina as well, so what's her deal?

After episode 11, I was expecting more. I thought this episode would really flesh out Yayoi's character, but she comes out of it feeling totally flat.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-01-10 at 17:36.
Old 2013-01-10, 16:38   Link #49
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

but it is also possible that we have three episodes "flashback" infact it is a shame for those who want to re-see Akane (how it is now) but if it is really 3 episode "Flashback" with the case "Rina" is especially great that we can still enjoy seeing Sasayama ...
Old 2013-01-10, 16:50   Link #50
Moni-chan
Roookie

It was pretty good episode, they should have put more of her background into the episode like how her psycho pass got clouded or if anything ever happened between Rina and her. i was surprised to see sasayama make an appearance even so i wanted to see at least a glimpse of akane at the end about how she's doing. but its ok after waiting for a new episode i have to say i liked it.
Old 2013-01-10, 17:27   Link #51
Awrya
U mad?

Nice episode about Yayoi's background, wonder if they do Kagari and Masaoka's as well. Speaking of Kagari, he wasn't shown in the flashback, so he became an Enforcer at a later point? Kind of unexpected, since he was labelled as a latent criminal at a young age.

Whether as Inspector or Enforcer, Kogami is doing a good job (even if it was 'tricking' her).

I believe Rina will come into contact with Makishima sometime in the future, who then assists her in the destruction of Sybil system.

Kind of meh that we don't find out how Tsunemori handled meeting Makishima, but there is always the next episode.

Edit: BTW, why is the poll closed?
Old 2013-01-10, 17:32   Link #52
L3Z
\O/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Yayoi decided to leave the rehabilitation facility because of this girl (the brochure Kogami showed her was from Rina's band)
You mean this? Because that's a pack of guitar strings.
Old 2013-01-10, 17:35   Link #53
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3Z View Post
You mean this? Because that's a pack of guitar strings.
Thanks for the correction. It means the same though, it reminded her of Rina (they even put a flashback there to drive the point home).
Old 2013-01-10, 17:43   Link #54
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I believe Rina will come into contact with Makishima sometime in the future, who then assists her in the destruction of Sybil system.
yes unless it is in the next episode "flashbacks" that we see Rina be captured or killed by Yayoi ...
Old 2013-01-10, 19:08   Link #55
Dop
Mmmm....

Nice episode to fill in Yayoi's backstory and tell us more about the society. Authorised music? Bleh!
Rage against the Sibyl, Rina!

Be interesting to see some other backstories, I think, before getting into the second part of the Makishima story.
Old 2013-01-10, 19:25   Link #56
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
What I liked about the episode:

As others mentioned, Yayoi badly needed to be fleshed out a bit more, and this episode helped.

It was an excellent episode for world-building purposes. We continue to see more and more of the flaws of the Sibyl system laid bare. I particularly like how this episode makes clear that Makishima is far from the only person against the Sibyl system. "Authorized Music" is indeed a concept that most serious musicians would find utterly abhorrent, but it does make sense given what we already know about the world of Psycho-Pass.

Rina is a good and interesting side-character.

It was good to see what Kougami was like before he became a latent criminal.

It was good to see Sasami in action, to get a better feel for what he was like. I can kind of see how Sasami ended up influencing Kougami.

The episode had a good sense of style, as Psycho-Pass tends to have.

What I didn't like about this episode:

I agree with Kazu-kun that it's kind of lame that we never get to find out what made Yayoi become a latent criminal in the first place. I have a very hard time buying that simply being a musician would do it. I mean... would the girls of K-On! be latent criminals in this world just because they love music? I wonder if Kougami is going to be able to handle that dangerous criminal Yui Hirasawa.

The timing is simply horrible. While it's good to flesh out Yayoi more, what I'm obviously most eager about is seeing how Akane reacts to the events of Episode 11! It's bad enough that we had the holiday break to wait through to get there, but now we have at least an added week on top of it. Couldn't this episode had been put off for a week or two?

On the whole, it was a good episode, but I really wish they could have put this off for another week or two. Ah well.

The new OP and ED are good, but I preferred the ones for the "first season".
Old 2013-01-10, 19:30   Link #57
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

It is true we can still ask why Yayoi became a potential criminal suspects have even if its a link with "music" but ... you want more information haha but apart could have her at least see how Yayoi became an enforcer is already his ..

and for Akane I think he'll have to wait until the end of this Arc "Yayoi backstory"
^^"
Old 2013-01-10, 19:36   Link #58
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
and for Akane I think he'll have to wait until the end of this Arc "Yayoi backstory"
^^"
This is a full arc? Well, I guess we might learn more about what made Yayoi become a latent criminal then. OTOH, there's also now more waiting to find out about Akane...

As an aside, what anime is your avatar from, Chiaki_chan? The girl in it looks adorable.
Old 2013-01-10, 19:39   Link #59
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This is a full arc? Well, I guess we might learn more about what made Yayoi become a latent criminal then. OTOH, there's also now more waiting to find out about Akane...
well until episode 14 have clearly knew the titles seems to show that the episode is still have with Yayoi ... that the flashback continuous or not
Old 2013-01-10, 19:40   Link #60
Kirarakim

I think I agree with the majority while I wanted to know about Yayoi this episode didn't really tell me that much more about her and after episode 11 and a 2 week wait I really didn't need a break from the main storyline.

I think the most interesting thing for me about this episode was seeing Kogami in the inspector role and seeing the enforcer who died in action.