AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 18 30.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 43.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 23.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-17, 00:12   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Psycho-Pass - Episode 13 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Psycho-Pass, Episode 13.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-01-17, 11:18   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 13:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-01-17, 13:11   Link #3
Kiavik

Episode was great. The plot thickened a lot if you were able to catch the subtleties.
Also i loved how
Spoiler for Episode 13:

Can't wait to see what happens next!
Old 2013-01-17, 15:07   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I have to say...
Spoiler for 13:
Old 2013-01-17, 15:30   Link #5
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I have to say...
Spoiler for 13:
I have the same feeling as well. I didn't expect him to be his dad, or perhaps Gino's dad is very different from him despite his fatherly figure.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-01-17, 15:40   Link #6
HandofFate

Wouldn't have minded a few more flashback episodes, but getting back to the main story works too.

Akane makes throwing up kind of moe lol.

More signs that Akane may be the same as Shogo, or at least is similar.
"I am your father" finally revealed.

Not really sure what the after the credits scene means, the director looked like she was nice.
Old 2013-01-17, 15:56   Link #7
bakuramariks
The Observer

We know who eliminated Touma. Bravo. Oh, your perfect world can go to hell.
Anyway, the episode was amazing! I was on the edge from the start.
I might throw up like Akane from the adrenaline rush and anticipation for the next episode .
Old 2013-01-17, 15:57   Link #8
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Not really sure what the after the credits scene means, the director looked like she was nice.
Most likely he's a former detective.
Old 2013-01-17, 16:08   Link #9
Algent

Seem like they didn't forget to question Sybil, 1 in a million are unable to be read properly (criminally asymptomatic person).
The guy behind the first "Specimen Case" had the same ability, he was taken in custody in secret and very probably disposed of.

Akane's PP is back to normal in seconds after the memory probing, it's either foreshadowing or the explanation provided by Gino's Father is the right one (about accepting reality).

So yep Gino's father is Masaoka, has we were many to expect.

About the Commissioner at the end, she seem directly connected to the analysis system, it could mean a lot of things. Biggest probability is she is Cyber-Augmented, trolliest would be she is an Android Terminal of Sybil.

BTW I want that rubik's cube so much
Old 2013-01-17, 16:20   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Very good episode.

Back to the main story. As we expected, Akane recovered quickly, but was still quite shaken up by the horrifying event she witnessed, so she definitely isn't the psychopath some people speculated she was. She reacted like any other person would, she simply didn't let that bring her down and a found a new goal to keep her going. I think she is simply stronger willed than most people, rather than a one out of every two million people exception like Makishima is. We got confirmation that the people running the Sybil system were already aware it was flawed, and deliberately covered that up so that people wouldn't lose faith in the system. I can only wonder what else they are hiding from the public. Was Kouzaburou truly disposed of, or are they using him for their own purposes? The end of the episode hints that the Bureau was already aware of Makishima's existence. Then why did they let him roam free for so long? Something about this stinks badly. I smell a major conspiracy.

In spite of all the clues, I never truly believed Masoaka was Ginoza's father until now. I find it odd that they were both assigned to the same unit given their relationship. Their little father and son talk was interesting. I hope Ginoza will be able to forgive his father by the end of the anime, even if I know it's far more likely one of them will suffer a horrible fate before that happens.

I understand Gino's repeated warnings to Akane better than ever. He himself is one the verge of becoming a latent criminal. The job is very taxing if you're not exceptionally gifted like Akane is.

Kogami was reading Heart of Darkness... definitely the kind of book I imagine him being into. The horror, the horror...
Old 2013-01-17, 16:57   Link #11
Awrya
U mad?

Father son relationship was obvious since Masaoka called Ginoza by his first name a couple of episodes ago, but now we have confirmation.

Not quite sure if the director knew of Makishima before all those incidents, maybe she suspected there may be more people with that condition when they captured that Touma guy.
But then again, calling him Shougo-kun does sound like she knew more about him.

Either way, another great twist by Urobuchi, when Psychi-Pass is finished, I'll rewatch the whole thing in one go.
Old 2013-01-17, 17:02   Link #12
Bern-san

I'm really fearing for Gino, I feel like he's going to be one of the first ones to suffer some cruel event or something. Especially with how his hue isn't very clear.

His conversation with the superior was definitely interesting, it isn't strange that the government was aware of people like Shogo. Now I wonder, what will they do those type of people? Why didn't she tell Gino? Something's fishy...

Even if it was highly hinted, I found it weird that Masaoka and Gino are father and son.

Akane has high chances of becoming a fearsome woman. I hope she doesn't become too obsessed with Makishima, mainly because she could transform into someone dangerous whose PP doesn't go up and would suffer whatever fate these people have.

A shame the funeral scene was so short but the episode was excellent
Old 2013-01-17, 17:07   Link #13
hilly
hilly

Wow,no wonder why Akane is the ONLY ONE into Bureau's job...Fast cleaner of Psycho Pass~
There are no system that is perfectly functionally..
My thought is Sybil system=all kind of government system of nation,always have flaws that cannot be erased..
"I am your Dad" sure is a nice surprise there,but no so shocking..

Learn to accept=clean psycho pass,but wouldn't it will just be an obstacle to advancing humanity?It will degrade human conscious and make human cannot decide for them selves anymore...Can we be called human if we even can't decide our own future?
Old 2013-01-17, 17:17   Link #14
Moni-chan
Roookie

This episode was certainly exiting New revelations came out and the plot of the story just became more interesting. I have to say that this was a good way to go back to the main setting. I was very happy to see that Akane didn't go crazy although, i admit i believed that was gonna happen...sorry but i did see Akane being determined and going after makishima. The scene with Kougami and kagari defiantly showed just how much they and the rest of the team care about her and have recognized her capability as an inspector. The part when her crime coefficient went up and almost immediately fell...is that a foreshadowing of events or wishful thinking of my part? or is it just like Masaoka said and is that just her accepting things as they are?

At the end of the song with the lady who was talking to Gino...what was she doing I don't get what she meant at the end, could someone explain to me please
Old 2013-01-17, 17:36   Link #15
maplehurry

must be her son. They both have white hair after all.
Old 2013-01-17, 18:22   Link #16
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Well the clues were there and it has been confirmed that Masaoka really is Gino's dad. SO Makishima is 1 in a million. Like how they brought up that part with the director. Though the director has a relation to Makishima, wonder what it is. Akane really is awesome to be bale have the guts to relive that memory and still keep her pp low.
Old 2013-01-17, 18:39   Link #17
Moni-chan
Roookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
must be her son. They both have white hair after all.

I guess it could be a possibility, i mean she did call him Shugo-kun but she kinda look like a cyborg to me at the end but i might just be imagining
Old 2013-01-17, 18:43   Link #18
blackwhite67
Banned

Maybe she's just like Makishima.
Old 2013-01-17, 18:49   Link #19
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say, damn good job Akane. God knows it'd be understandable to just fall into a pit of despair and take a month off after something that traumatizing. Instead she goes through the hurt, cries at the funeral, but thinks about what she can do in order to get Makishima. Even if it means reliving that traumatic experience she'll do what is necessary to catch him. Definitely growing into a detective with some real guts.
Old 2013-01-17, 18:58   Link #20
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ginoza his name .. it must be the name of his mother