Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-11-18, 10:44   Link #281
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Klein, is that you ?

Ah, so Cid exposes his being alive to Sherry to save her! Probably not for altruistic reasons, but good for her .

I hope we get more Rose .

Looks like Nu lets Gamma know to come in...also, maybe Gamma shouldn't wear heels ?
Old 2022-11-19, 09:00   Link #282
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Mob would also go down with single hit and not going full shonen zombie against "stronger" opponent. He is not exactly smartest mastermind ever. Plus unless Cid make the exit, Shadow cannot enter because...

Spoiler for Big spoiler:

Anyway I found this episode actually pretty funny.
hey, take it easy with the SPOILER will you?

that's either a huge spoiler that shakes the foundation of the series or a huge lie.

and unless.you are a friend of the author i have no idea how you came to that conclusion, i have read all the manga, ln, WN, spin offs, gamesa and even qa sessions with the author and what you said is not even hinted.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-23, 10:03   Link #283
Frontier

"All Young Boys dream of their school getting attacked by terrorists!" The @#$% Cid says, I swear. Then again, I guess terrorists or bad guys attacking the protagonists' school is actually fairly common in hero/LN plots...

Okay, Cid has a point about about mob characters being the first ones to bite it in this type of scenario, yet a true mob character would just be casually offed with no drama, not sacrificing themselves for a princess who sentimentally cradles their dead body and thinks said mob character was in love with her. Points for acting ability though .

Watch out Sherry, it's Nobuhiko Okamoto as Rex! Luckily the Crimson Knights aren't there just to stand around, even if it cost poor Glen his life .

Cid is having the time of his life watching this terrorist plot unfold. It's hitting all the right beats and cliche's. All that's throwing him off is the fake Shadow Garden guys are really not dressed for this time of day, meanwhile he's waiting for the Eminence in Shadow to show up at the exact right moment. When all that black will be perfectly placed .

Uh, Sherry, I think your dad is safe, just not in the way you think .

Sherry sneaking around in her slippers while Cid just casually offs some baddies about to pounce on her and she's just writing it off as her imagination was hilarious. Also, Sherry butt .

Cid and Sherry seem to keep meeting after he's been grievously wounded, yet that doesn't seem to deter her attraction to him at all. Meanwhile Cid is just following her around because he thinks it's obvious she's the main or central character of this arc (which isn't completely inaccurate), not realizing he's kind of fulfilling the sidekick/love interest role towards her as a result .

So this is all about the Eye of Avarice, an artifact that can store magic, but when it stores too much it blows up, and could possibly take the entire school with it if Cid and Sherry don't stop it. Also seems like the main baddie needs the artifact to get back into the Knights of the Rounds .

Gamma's in charge? Even though she can barely walk in heels and a tight dress without falling over? I know she has an image to maintain, but still. She's got brains, but not natural physical grace .

Marco was Nu's betrothed? Why does she want him dead? Does she hold him responsible for what happened to her? Or resents him as a tie to her past ?

I love how that one Shadow Garden girls' slime suit was in range of the anti-magic barrier enough to start receding and showing off her naked body with only her companion noticing. Actually, do all the Shadow Garden girls go commando ?

Cid making quick work of Rex and his cronies. All those dead guys propped up in the classroom before Cid finished Rex off was quite the visual !

Eta ED! Going for a nice sight of her sitting in her underwear !
Old 2022-11-23, 11:27   Link #284
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
"All Young Boys dream of their school getting attacked by terrorists!" The @#$% Cid says, I swear. Then again, I guess terrorists or bad guys attacking the protagonists' school is actually fairly common in hero/LN plots...
Sane people: Oh hell, it's an attack by terrorists!
Cid: Hell yeah, it's an attack by terrorists!
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-23, 12:02   Link #285
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:

Marco was Nu's betrothed? Why does she want him dead? Does she hold him responsible for what happened to her? Or resents him as a tie to her past ?
Manga at least mentioned Nu would’ve killed Marco had he not been truly unconscious, so as to protect Cid’s identity as the leader of Shadow Garden
Old 2022-11-23, 17:22   Link #286
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Manga at least mentioned Nu would’ve killed Marco had he not been truly unconscious, so as to protect Cid’s identity as the leader of Shadow Garden
that's pretty important, without it we think she wants him dead because resentment about something and not because is her duty now to protect cid indentity.

unless she truly wants him dead for some reason. I don't know since marco doesn't look like a bad guy and the flashback showed that they were happy.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-24, 02:20   Link #287
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

First time I actually enjoyed an episode. Maybe coz we actually hear Cid talking this time and what's going on in his delusional head, like how he praises the terrorist setup but also berates their costumes. And he was actually moving in the shadows like how he is suppose to be. And the tone of the episode and the music felt easy going despite the terrorist happenings. Cid taking out the ones following Sherry felt like how the series should be, a pretty serious setup but it's made funny by the character doing things in the background.
Though he is stupid to be in the spotlight with the "main character" of the story arc like he said. It would make it complicated to move later on as Shadow and explain how he is still alive when all his class and the student council pres saw him die. But I guess that's the "humor" of this series, that things somehow fall into place for him and also will backfire later on because of his actions.
If this was how it operated instead of the mess it did in the first few episodes then I would appreciate it more.

Kage-Jitsu 5
Spoiler:
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-24, 06:27   Link #288
moridin84
Custom User Title

Sherry being sneak was pretty funny.

The way they presented the upcoming three-way conflict was quite cool.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-24, 10:12   Link #289
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Kage-Jitsu 5
Spoiler:
I feel like most of these have just been Delta's antics .

Strict Alpha-sama .

Also the most Eta dialogue so far, even if it's mostly sped up .

I mean, Delta proved what she was talking about, if nothing else .
Old 2022-11-24, 21:17   Link #290
maximilianjenus
[E]

i remember one of the 4komas had a mini arc where something inexplicable happened, the cid started thinking he had done something really stupid for that to happen... and the punch line was that delta did it.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-25, 00:56   Link #291
Rimbo99

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
that's pretty important, without it we think she wants him dead because resentment about something and not because is her duty now to protect cid indentity.

unless she truly wants him dead for some reason. I don't know since marco doesn't look like a bad guy and the flashback showed that they were happy.
The anime kinda implies that most of the Shadow Garden do want revenge against not just the Cult of Diabolos but also their former families and friends for abandoning them.

It's common practice to give up possessed children to the church, or dump them somewhere barren or lynch them. Going through that would damage one's psyche.

Even if Marco wasn't complicit in that, the damage had been done.
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-30, 10:04   Link #292
Frontier

Everyone is on standby...Shadow Garden, the students, Iris' forces...all waiting for something to happen so they can make their move. And that is going to be supplied by Cid and Sherry .

Well Cid, you can at least say Sherry showed you a secret tunnel in a schoolroom! That's probably one way for a girl to appeal to him .

They definitely set up how messed Lutheran is when you see him seemingly get off on them picking off students like flies and reveling in how powerless the kids are. The scumbag .

Sherry did good! She managed to take down the barrier and let the students strut their stuff as Dark Knights and turn the tables! Rose literally kicks a guy to death to get a sword and start leading the students to victory !

I love how Rose is being driven by Cids' love for her, still thinking he's probably dead, and there was also a...flashback to something? Was that Cid in his kid Shadow days? Or Rose? The hood made me think Cid. Have they maybe met before ?

The Eminence in Shadow finally makes his proper dramatic entrance, and of course Shadow Garden has a whole introduction speech at the ready to sell it !

Gamma...really taking all the fire and school buildings getting enflamed quite casually .

Cid...mob characters usually don't confront the main villain, get their entire motivation/backstory ("is this going to be long?"), and then take them on in single combat. I mean, obviously he faked losing so he could make his dramatic re-entrance as Shadow, but still .

Cid says he cut out everything unnecessary to his dream in life, so he's never cared about companions, love, or people in general. Yet he did ask about whether Lutheran had been using Sherry the whole time and made sure to kill him like he killed Sherry's mother (if only for karmic irony). And he said she was "better off not knowing" as he turned back to her, almost like he was actually concerned about what she was going through .

Honestly Sherry is the biggest victim in all this. Had to witness her mother murdered by a trusted friend, get adopted by said friend who only saw her as a tool to further her mothers' research and whom she came to view as a father, and then saw said father get killed by the guy she liked never knowing it was him or the entire truth. The poor girl deserves so much better .

Well, now Shadow and Shadow Garden are being blamed for everything and are even bigger wanted fugitives than they were before (although I wonder if anyone will believe what Rose said about the Shadow Garden who showed up to fend off the terrorists). That said, it just seems to be a turn on for the other Shadow Girls when it comes to Shadow-sama .

Well, sucks that Sherry has to move away, especially when things seemed to be progressing between her and Cid, but maybe it's better for her in the long run to get as far away as possible from what happened and live a new life...but somehow I get the sense that what she's really planning is revenge on Shadow .

Oh, so we're just repeating the Shadow Garden ED's? I was kind of hoping they'd use the daytime Heroines. Although I guess that would mean more seiyuu they have to pay to sing the ED .
Old 2022-11-30, 11:27   Link #293
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:

Well, sucks that Sherry has to move away, especially when things seemed to be progressing between her and Cid, but maybe it's better for her in the long run to get as far away as possible from what happened and live a new life...but somehow I get the sense that what she's really planning is revenge on Shadow .

Oh, so we're just repeating the Shadow Garden ED's? I was kind of hoping they'd use the daytime Heroines. Although I guess that would mean more seiyuu they have to pay to sing the ED .
Yeah Sherry probably wants revenge and doesn’t want Cid to be a part of it going by how she said it’s a secret. Tho she hasn’t reappeared in the LN yet to my knowledge, but I’m pretty sure when finally does return she’s gonna be manipulated by the cult to go against Shadow Garden. Where she’s definitely gonna get her heart absolutely destroyed when she figures out/learns Cid is Shadow however it may occur.
Old 2022-11-30, 15:52   Link #294
Alchemist007
*Author

Pretty obvious early on who the bad boss was, and how Cid handled him. Though the start of the fight was pretty funny, Cid pretending to be one-shot out the window.
Old 2022-11-30, 19:25   Link #295
ryllharu

Rose kicked a guy's head off of his body!

If anyone is up to the level of the Seven Shades, it certainly isn't Princess Iris. Like Alpha told her, she's weak and that relative weakness will only cause more to suffer.

But Rose very well might be up to that level.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-30, 19:48   Link #296
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Rose kicked a guy's head off of his body!

If anyone is up to the level of the Seven Shades, it certainly isn't Princess Iris. Like Alpha told her, she's weak and that relative weakness will only cause more to suffer.

But Rose very well might be up to that level.
I don't think Iris is particularly weak, she just doesn't get a chance to do a whole lot.
Old 2022-11-30, 19:53   Link #297
grecefar

Mmm it makes me wonder if she saw throught the superman facade that cid/shadows has. I don't know it gave me that impression for some reason.

Nice chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-30, 20:56   Link #298
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Mmm it makes me wonder if she saw throught the superman facade that cid/shadows has. I don't know it gave me that impression for some reason.

Nice chapter.
Considering she's out for blood and Cid was someone she actually had feelings for, I doubt she put two and two together. Especially considering she was still oblivious to the kind of man her father really was.

Which just adds to the tragedy of the situation.
Old 2022-11-30, 21:11   Link #299
Decel

Cid sounded so bored in the latter third, so bored that he creates his own villains.

I feel bad for Sherry's story, quite pitifully sad overall.
Old 2022-12-01, 00:42   Link #300
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Typical story beat of the father being the bad guy I guess so nothing to mention there. Though what was that with Cid trying to fight the enemy at first as himself then turning into Shadow? Does he think someone was watching them so he had to exit as Cid so he can return as Shadow? Because if that was only for the father then it's stupid since he was gonna kill him anyways so no need to keep his identity secret from him and exit as a dead Cid. Or does he just not want anyone at all to know his secret, even dead people.
And speaking of dead Cid, let's hope it gets addressed what the reaction of the others is with him still being alive. Especially president Rose since she seems to be living by Cid's determination and supposed "love" for her. Knowing he's fine, she's surely gonna be all over him. And he won't get to stay low coz of the attention he will get from her.

Kage-jitsu 6
Spoiler:

Oh and the mobile game has been out for 2 days now. It had bad loading times, the gameplay is meh, and it starts off with a paid banner immediately. Tutorial roll doesn't even guarantee an SSR. The card art for the characters are good though. Claire in a sweater, Alexia in a normal dress. Though the Shadow Seven versions available are the ones from 2 years prior to the main story so they're not the bouncy ones we have now. They will sell them later on for sure. For now we only have the young versions of them. And Sherry's banner is up now as well after the episode aired.
The loading screens do say that the stories in the game have additional scenes and will cover that 2 year gap when the 7 left Cid. Haven't really gotten far since I've been rerolling this whole time. I'll stick to it for a few months. Maybe it can supplement what the anime lacks.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem