AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2004-03-11, 20:55   Link #1
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

The official NHL thread

The Avs are currently 4 points ahead of the Canucks in the northwest division. Looks like we'll clinch the division title for sure now that (Todd) Bertuzzi has been suspended for the rest of the season. Tommorow's game against the Coyotes "should" be an easy one.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-11, 21:03   Link #2
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

i've got my money on the leafs

with the acquisition of Ron Francis (4th highest scorer in NHL history), toronto should have an easy win over the penguins

besides.. its been like, what, something like SIXTY years since the stanley cup was back in toronto .. its about time it came home where it belongs

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 21:06   Link #3
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Bruins all the way! I've never heard of there being any Bruins near Boston, but I want them to win nonetheless!
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 21:48   Link #4
RavenChild
エリック

Send a message via AIM to RavenChild Send a message via MSN to RavenChild
Go avs!!! colorado is great, they really need to win this year. who was it that played the game where there were 419 penalty min. given out?
Old 2004-03-11, 21:51   Link #5
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

I think Vancouver have no chance at all, after the depression and suspension for Bertuzzi. sigh~~~ whats with TV these days.... after the Jaskson incident... now comes the Bertuzzi ... ... think about the children!....

btw~~ I am a supporter of the Canucks! Go! Go! Canucks!!!
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 22:27   Link #6
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by sway
The Avs are currently 4 points ahead of the Canucks in the northwest division. Looks like we'll clinch the division title for sure now that (Todd) Bertuzzi has been suspended for the rest of the season. Tommorow's game against the Coyotes "should" be an easy one.

Spoiler:
I laugh at the Canucks and Bertuzzi's punch happy fist. Because of that, the Leafs will have an EVEN easier chance at winning the cup. I have a feeling it's about time, besides there's not a lot of near retired old guys willing to join our team. So we should do this now or never.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 23:22   Link #7
Zelgadis
aka. ZP

Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis
The Detroit Red Wings are second to Tampa Bay Lightning in points. NHL League Standings The Avs and Canucks are way down on the rankings. Therefore, you can bet my money still is on the Wings. Even with their long list of injuries.

BTW: The wings won in pre-season against the Canucks, and Avs, but tied the Lightning...
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 23:36   Link #8
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I'm not much of a hockey fan, so I'll only watch if New Jersey is doing well.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 00:50   Link #9
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

We all know that the New Jersey Devils are winning the Stanley Cup!
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 01:18   Link #10
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Im not much of a hockey fan, shit I dont even know what division my home teams in, but they are pretty good considering they win alot of titles or whatever.... They do alot better than our 2 other teams.... :ugh: Padres and Chokers I mean Chargers
GO SAN DIEGO GULLS!!!!
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 01:25   Link #11
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara11
No... the Toronto Maple Leafs are going to Stanley Cup...
Old 2004-03-12, 03:13   Link #12
Iron Monkey

Meh, I know it's a long shot, but I'm going with my Flames. I have a feeling they'll be this year's Mighty Ducks. Hey, 7 years of disappointment and they're finally picking it up this year.

But seriously, I think it's gonna be the Sens and probably Detroit or Dallas in the finals. Honestly, I don't think the Canucks and the Avs have the goaltending to carry them to the finals. And the Leafs? If Belfour gets injured, it's over for them. Kidd's a real crappy goalie (I've known that since he was with the Flames), if he has to relieve Belfour, it's over. Besides, the Leafs are my most hated team in the league. Even though I'm Canadian, I'd rather any team win it other than the Leafs.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 03:30   Link #13
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
Red wings Ok thx.
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 03:56   Link #14
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara11
Yes! Even though the Devils aren't doing that great this year, they still have a very good chance of winning the cup. In fact the Devils seem to do better when they finish the regular season with a lower playoff seed. I'm not 100% sure, but didn't all of their stanley cup wins come during seasons where they finished 4th or lower?
Still it looks like the playoffs will be tough this year for the eastern teams. It's only 11 points seperating the first and 7th seeds. (as of thursday morning, I don't have the results of all the games played thursday )

By the way, has anyone else noticed that it's possible for a team to lose every game and still make the playoffs? An overtime loss is worth one point. There are 82 games a season. Therefore, losing every game in OT will get a team 82 points. That's normally enough to make the playoffs. Of course that's very unlikely as a team good enough to force OT in every game is also good enough to win a few. And losing every game means the team is giving away 164 points, which makes it less likely that 82 will be enough to get in.
Old 2004-03-12, 04:19   Link #15
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Yes! Even though the Devils aren't doing that great this year, they still have a very good chance of winning the cup. In fact the Devils seem to do better when they finish the regular season with a lower playoff seed. I'm not 100% sure, but didn't all of their stanley cup wins come during seasons where they finished 4th or lower?
Still it looks like the playoffs will be tough this year for the eastern teams. It's only 11 points seperating the first and 7th seeds. (as of thursday morning, I don't have the results of all the games played thursday )

By the way, has anyone else noticed that it's possible for a team to lose every game and still make the playoffs? An overtime loss is worth one point. There are 82 games a season. Therefore, losing every game in OT will get a team 82 points. That's normally enough to make the playoffs. Of course that's very unlikely as a team good enough to force OT in every game is also good enough to win a few. And losing every game means the team is giving away 164 points, which makes it less likely that 82 will be enough to get in.
It's because the Devil's have Brodeur, one of the most consistent goaltenders ever. The guy performs awesome under pressure. If I had to choose any goalie in their prime to carry my team, it would be Brodeur. I mean, you want an example of how well he performs under pressure? Remember last year, when he had that affair with his wife's sister, and in order to get back at him, his wife would call him at like an hour before the game and tell him what guy she was currently dating. And how does he respond? He goes and wins the Stanley cup! Now that's being able to handle the pressure!

Anyways, with the 82 point theory there. I dunno if it would ever be possible. Reguarly you need about 90-95 points to get into the playoffs. And like you said, they would be giving away 164 points. I highly doubt you could do that, unless the 7 teams above you totally dominate and all the teams below you suck.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 07:42   Link #16
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

What's with this sport.. I think it plain blows .
It's way too boring, even F1 is more fun

Anywayz does The Netherlands even have a hockey club? :P
Thyrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 08:23   Link #17
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Bad night for the Leafs yesterday with a 3-2 defeat against the worst team in the league, the Penguins. I'm wondering why Belfour wasn't on the ice since he wasn't injured.

Other scores:

Bruins 3 - 2 Sabres (OT)
Stars 2 - 2 Flyers (OT)
Red Wings 4 - 2 Blue Jackets
Panthers 3 - 2 Canadiens (OT)
Blackhawks 4 - 6 Devils
Predators 1 - 1 Blues (OT)
Senators 2 - 4 Flames
Islanders 4 - 5 Sharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyrz
What's with this sport.. I think it plain blows .
It's way too boring, even F1 is more fun

Anywayz does The Netherlands even have a hockey club? :P
I don't know if the Netherlands have a hockey club but you're absolutely wrong about this sport, it's a very exciting one
Old 2004-03-12, 08:27   Link #18
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Ah well I'm a racing kinda guy ; ) I've watched a game of hockey (don't know who was playin) but it wasn't my thing. who else votes for racing?! :P
Thyrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 08:43   Link #19
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
No... the Toronto Maple Leafs are going to Stanley Cup...
We've only been saying that for the past 60 years but hey no biggie, I'm an optimist when it comes to the leafs. I have a feeling with all the new (old? LOL) acquisitions the leafs has gotten they'll win or at least go far into the playoffs.

Also, so what if they lost to the penguins? It doesn't matter if they lose in regular season, all that matters is the playoffs where the cup is coming home.

///_^
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 10:18   Link #20
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Flyers all the way... I don't care how injured we are, that Stanley Cup will be ours again this year!!!!
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, hockey, nhl, playoffs, stanley cup