AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-12-17, 12:08   Link #9501
Raging Heart
Lightning Devil

Send a message via MSN to Raging Heart
well i am exciting to play Battle for Azeroth and to choose void elf hunter.

thank god in this expansion we don't have a neutral race like a player play a Pandaren character, he or she will choose which sides to join Alliance or Horde. man i saw Padaren i was like what the hell did blizzard bring Po from Kung fu Panda in Azeroth.

well i did like how Pandaria is, but only giving us just race to choose from it as well decide to go Alliance or Horde that made that Pandaria expansion fails along many reasons as well making the rest of classes weak this also repeated again in WLD or the legion.
Old 2017-12-17, 12:18   Link #9502
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Heart View Post
well i am exciting to play Battle for Azeroth and to choose void elf hunter.

thank god in this expansion we don't have a neutral race like a player play a Pandaren character, he or she will choose which sides to join Alliance or Horde. man i saw Padaren i was like what the hell did blizzard bring Po from Kung fu Panda in Azeroth.

well i did like how Pandaria is, but only giving us just race to choose from it as well decide to go Alliance or Horde that made that Pandaria expansion fails along many reasons as well making the rest of classes weak this also repeated again in WLD or the legion.
Pandaren have actually been planned since Burning Crusade. They were supposed to the alliance race but were dropped in favor is the Draenai from what I heard.
Old 2017-12-17, 16:03   Link #9503
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In terms of content, Wrath, MoP, and Legion seem to be good questing and storylines.

Wrath reinvented questing to that it seemed more personal, and you the player started to feel like you've actually accomplished something (phasing technology, plus the NPCs start thinking you are a somebody instead of some random lacky to send off on poop quests and fetch me some bear asses cause I'm a lazy hunter) We started to become a hero.

MoP continued the idea after CATA of you are a hero and someone important to your faction that your leadership will trust you with an important task. Plus the story and setting were done will in that expansion.

Legion has basically become about us as the players. We are the ones leading the fight against the Legion. The questing is good, the zones are good, and the story is working.

WoD did have some good story, but there seems to have been a mess someplace in the middle there. It seemed like there was suppose to be something else, especially for Yrel. She had some really cool moments and then her story basically stopped until we see her again at the end as Khadgar leave to chase Guldan. The Garrison was an interesting idea, but it didn't live up to the potential.

CATA was sort of good for revamping content, but the 80-85 content story wasn't that good. Some zones were fun and others were not. Deepholm was awesome, and Uldum was fun. The rest....eh.

TBC was a good expansion, but the story wasn't there at all because there wasn't really an arcing story there in World of Warcraft really yet. The main saving grace was Nagrand. I had to do a bunch of shard farming as a warlock, so I always went there to mix it with rep grinding ogres and such because it was just a nice place to be.

However, since CATA I've had periods were I've stopped playing. Sometimes for six months to a year. In CATA, the guild we had been raiding ICC with basically imploded, and what we had left that we absorbed into our guild couldn't scrape 10 people together often enough to raid, so we didn't raid in CATA, which meant we had nothing to do for most of that expansion.

In MoP I stopped playing for a while because of issues around the house and some traveling. So I missed basically all of patch 5.3, and didn't do as much in 5.2 really. But I enjoyed much of what I found in Pandaria.

MoD I skipped out a bit in the middle due to work and nothing really happening in the middle until the Jungle opened up.

Legion I took a nine month break, again due to work, and have spent since 7.3 launched playing catchup. My guild doesn't do stuff much anymore, so I've not had much incentive to raid or much anything else, but I find the questing good and when I do play, I can always find something to do.

BoA looks like it might be fun. I will play it, likely at launch, but I will probably have a spell in there were I don't play for several months due to overwork and lack of directly new content.
Old 2017-12-25, 04:31   Link #9504
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Only one more major group to get Exalted with before I could unlock all the eventual first four Allied Races (Still need about 10,000 rep for the one that gets you Void Elves.)

Still haven't done much with Chromie and I still need to do the Mage Tower.
Old 2018-01-15, 03:45   Link #9505
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Random "Classic World of Warcraft" thoughts:

I know there are several groups in that debate. The "Vanilla is Vanilla" group that is split between which old patch they want to have, be it 1.1 and progress forward just like it originally did, and then you have the other group that wants 1.12 like most of the legacy servers out there currently. There are a few outliers that want other specific patches either because their class was buffed, or it was before a certain change happened that they don't like, or it was before some content that "ruined WoW" for them.

There is also the group that expects "Classic" to progress with eventual rereleases of TBC and Wrath along the standard patch cycle, which would be something like six years for the game.

Then there are those that want more modern systems added to "Classic" for one reason or another. Be it LFG or some of the other things added that have made things more convenient for the players and whatnot.

The issue I have with the "Classic WoW" idea releasing as basically Vanilla Wow fixed to work with modern servers is, that shouldn't be too hard. That's a few months project to get the original version of the game to work, remove most if not all the patches and then resell it to us even though we already own it with lots of expansions and patches over it. While that's not lazy, that doesn't seem like that good of an investment of resources.

What I think will probably happen is a graphics and models update to Vanilla content using the current in game models. Yet another redesign of the 1-60 zones for the graphical fixes while putting it back together again more or less how it was in Vanilla. I can see them using newer content to remove some of the tricks and mirrors that they used in the original game....like having the current Stormwind keep in game instead of the original backdrop of a castle. They might even leave the Harbor there so the Horde have a good second way to enter the city. Just there are no boats operating there, since there is not functioning boat to Northend, and the boat to Darkshore is in the Wetlands. I could see some of the later quest chains that were added (in patch 2.3) to zones put into places like Dustwallow Marsh, because some of that is needed so one can level to 60 without just grinding (which from what I recall wasn't fun).

The other thing I see them doing is added another story like it is a new expansion to Current WoW. They did introduce the idea with Chromie, so it would actually make sense to have another story layered in there about the players being sent back to stop someone from messing with the timelines of our own "history". The side effect of the time travel is that all our levels go way and the talent system and all that revert to Vanilla standards. Or make three possible versions of this. One is the original Horde or Alliance plots in Vanilla with their quests for new characters (the Vanilla experience). Two is a time travel story with your "new character" being from the future, but tossed back to start over while having to sometimes fix time or help Chromie out with something. They could even use that as an excuse to use some of Vanilla's cut content and unused zones that got revamped and added in TBC or later (some still haven't been added). The third option is if they treat "Classic" as another expansion, but we the players are basically the Hellscream character going back in time to mess with stuff. We cause the problems at the start and than either have to fix it, or we start hunting Chromie (and thus tie in with the "Death of Chromie" storyline later on....its us trying to kill Chromie for messing up Vanilla WoW.) This could be us as level 120s outgearing everything, but the entire expansion adds the new level scaling to the old 1-60 world and basically makes all our gear effectively worthless as the mobs in every zone scale with us. We either don't level, or we revert to level 1 (effectively) and have to fight our way back to 60 just to keep up, the Infinite Dragonflight laughing at us every other level as we go back to learn new spells. The level scaling would also mean you would never overpower a zone, so you couldn't go back to easy mode farm copper ore someplace as the mobs would still be able to hurt you. No LFG, No LFR. Probably no cross-realms. There will be Battlenet integration because its Blizzard. Probably little to no convenience things added in or after 2.0.3.

That of course would make it a totally new game, with unintended side effects even if all the talent trees and spells and class balance was left intact from patch 1.12 or whatever.

Actually, rethinking the Chromie angle, I can see all three stories being there. It can start one of three ways and then make a total mess of things.

A> Start out as a new character, run the regular Vanilla content 1-60 with the option of raiding MC to Naxx, Either after Naxx or at level 60 there starts a quest chain with Chromie that sends us back to fix things at level 60, or unlocks another level of content (like how Allied Races are being added). This have our first character go through time and mess something up, but we have to try to setup someone to fix our mistakes. This leads to you getting access to a possible alt that has the third story line...the 1-60 Vanilla leveling with either trying to correct for Chromie's error, or your previous errors. Making it essentially a second run through content with another story added, but still allowing you to do Mc to Naxx again later with more or less the same gear (it could be the second time run have better balanced gear, but you have had to have done it once to be able to have one of those characters, which basically means you have to run the content three times).

B> Start out as a more or less your Max level character from current WoW. You Timewalk into old content and totally mess things up. You then have to go back in time, effectively making you a level one again and do everything over again, but having the added "correct time" questing added into the mix. After to "correct time" you will have access to a Vanilla style character creation and be able to run things without the time travel elements added in. Thus extending the content before you can actually play Vanilla WoW and making you earn it (meaning you want it).

C> Start out as a time traveling character than is now level one, work though Vanilla content with some time correction or messing around quests thrown in from time to time like an extra set of class quests. Finish leveling to 60 and get another Raid option in addition to MC, Like Mt Hyjal or something. Someplace that was in game, but not used. Or even just use the Caverns of Time (its there in Vanilla unused) to set up some Raid against the Infinite Dragonflight because it is messing with your timeline, trying to prevent you from becoming the Hero that effectively brought the Burning Legion to Azeroth again, along with Argus, got the planet stabbed, and basically messed up the world so badly because of your poor choices (you freed Guldan on Draenor....how stupid are you?), that the dragons want you gone. So you have to help yourself, more or less, by "replacing" yourself in the timeline, which of course doesn't work as planned (because how stupid are you "name"), and we eventually try to kill Chromie for this. I would think the end game would eventually be a post Naxx raid to fix the timeline. After that the Vanilla content is free of time travel problems (outside of Darrowshire that is...in fact that could start the issues with us and Chromie, or be the ending redemption of Chromie and our characters, because time is not always linear).

Either at the start the players can have that more or less Vanilla experience, or they will have to earn it with a time travel plot to get to that experience. But the added element might make it fun for people that while they liked Vanilla's systems, don't want to be stuck with just that content, yet don't want the system changes that came afterwards.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2018-01-15 at 04:26.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 21:39   Link #9506
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I love how the Horde cinematic has Baine and them "Celebrating" that "They" beat the Legion. LOL Sure take credit for 1% of the effort you all did.
Old 2018-01-19, 18:25   Link #9507
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Apparenty there is a questline or something that will involve a ghost girl (non-combat pet) named Uuna. It is potentally a sad tale sincee she seems to be lost in a dark place. Her doll dropped for me last night and for some reason the first place I wanted to take the little ghost is to Pamula Redpath in Darrowshire. I am not sure why. Maybe I thought the two spirits might keep each other company.
Old 2018-01-26, 06:10   Link #9508
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Battle for Azeroth's Alpha has been data mined. The usual place have the details.

Looks interesting at this very early date.

Class changes: several.

Oddity: They are removing "Unending Breath" from warlocks? I tossed all those breathing cherries from Nagrand ages ago because I didn't need them. Plus I like the swim speed boost. I never drowned because if it.

Also it looks like there might be a second Warfront in the Southern Barrens. But there is an oddity, Theramore is intact on the map, and it seems like the Alliance is trying to break through to Mulgore.

I know people are going to want to play the Kul'Tirans for their heavier set human vibe, or the "Thin human" option. But also there is bound to be people that want to be Vulpera.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2018-01-26 at 19:54. Reason: Digesting data
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 15:43   Link #9509
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Pre-purchase of Battle for Azeroth is up presently. (But there is a long line right now)

The first four Allied Races unlocks come with that purchase.

There will be so many new elves running around Dalaran. Both from the race changers and the newly leveled alts with their heritage armor. As well as some Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei, but I can easily imagine the majority will be Nightborne and Void Elves.
Old 2018-02-07, 18:42   Link #9510
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Alpha has officially started for Battle for Azeroth.
Old 2018-02-08, 18:30   Link #9511
cyberdemon

It's official

Spoiler for Battle for Azeroth:
Old 2018-02-09, 00:21   Link #9512
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Lady Jaina Proudmoore's updated model, with her walking and casting animations, is kind of sexy.
Old 2018-03-01, 00:52   Link #9513
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So Zandalari Troll druids get all dinosaur forms it seems. At least so far. Not seem a verision of their "cat form" or "tree form" as of yet.
Old 2018-04-05, 17:15   Link #9514
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The release date for Battle for Azeroth is August 14th

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-04-05, 17:20   Link #9515
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
On the allied races front:
-Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har Orcs will be available at launch, you unlock them by completing the War Campaign (BfA equivalent to Warlord's Garrison Campaign and Legion's Order Hall Campaign).
-Kul Tiran Humans and Zandalari Trolls are post launch content.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2018-04-05 at 23:13.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-05, 20:48   Link #9516
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Spoiler for Datamined Spoilers:
Old 2018-04-07, 07:51   Link #9517
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I got into the Alpha last night. No idea why, but I've been questing in Tirisgarde Sound for the last six or so hours. Only at level 112, but I've done most of the zone so far. I still have at least one more major questing hub to go, and the conclusion of the main storyline. I did find a quest that just sort of ended without letting me complete it. I has to close the quest tab via the X with no followup. It was part of the Alliance War Effort, so I don't know if that is fully in game yet, or if it picks up later. That is where the mission table is, and that's suppose to tie into Warfronts and I suppose going to the opposing faction's territory.

Didn't do any introductory quests, it just put me in Boralas with a chest piece of Azerite Armor that has minimum customization options (first tier is basically spec based or pvp.) My Heart of Azeroth is already at level 5, so I imagine it will hit ten long before I hit max level (currently capped at 119, I imagine they'll add 120 once they release the Warfronts and want to test the World Quests)
Old 2018-04-21, 14:59   Link #9518
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Spoiler for New Character in Expansion:
Old 2018-04-22, 08:14   Link #9519
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I have three characters now to test stuff. Two Alliance because when they added the questline to get the Heart of Azeroth, I already had one, and can't destroy it, therefore it locks me out of content because I "don't have a Heart of Azeroth". So I've recently had to make a second Alliance character to level up again.

The Horde character started after that change, so should be fine. Haven't got nearly as far yet since I was more curious about Kul'Tiras than Zandalar.

Been through the Battle for Lordaeron a few times. First time on Alliance was sort of buggy, but I was able to finish it. The Horde side one bugged out completely, so I had to cheat a bit to get to the start of the Zandalari experience (wasn't able to get the quest again so I has t just take a early portal to Nazmir and find a flight point to the Harbor in the south...run to the end of the dock to start the introduction...which would normally be after the Stormwind Extraction scenario, but you only get that if you finish the Battle of Lordaeron).

The later times I did the battle on Alliance they had some of the early cutscenes, but still have some placeholders from the Dragon Soul raid. Seen Thrall blasting Deathwing a lot recently.

I am enjoying Destruction Warlock in Alpha. Not tried anything else yet. The Azerite Armor needs some tweaking as I have the same buff on two pieces I doubt it stacks....plus its for something I don't use much...and its the only option I really have for my spec.
Old 2018-04-24, 16:33   Link #9520
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Beta has started for the Battle for Azeroth.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows