AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-11, 18:06   Link #61
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

An episode focused on Shindo. His great support was rightfully acknowledged. Shame his girlfriend dumped him, but it does seem like he was more focused on running.

Meanwhile, the twins and Musa got their official records.
Old 2018-12-12, 14:08   Link #62
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
An episode focused on Shindo. His great support was rightfully acknowledged. Shame his girlfriend dumped him, but it does seem like he was more focused on running.
Yeah, the guy's a trooper. He's already lost his girlfriend over a dream Haiji still won't explain, and he keeps going. Makes me look at the strong arming tactics of early episodes in a new, terrible light.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 11:50   Link #63
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

His girlfriend is quite selfish. It's not like he is cheating on her with someone else; he's working hard for a goal/dream. She should have supported him. But he should have invited her to join him, then that high schooler has a female companion (although seeing how his girlfriend looked, I wonder if she would have wanted to spend the day watching them run).

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 14:15   Link #64
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's funny that you call her selfish, yet you put zero thought into her own wants and needs. You just expect her to drop everything to "support her man". What about her goals and dreams? And it's not like she got into a relationship with an athlete and now complain he spends too much time training. He's just some guy who all of a sudden had no time for her anymore.
Old 2018-12-20, 19:39   Link #65
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
His girlfriend is quite selfish. It's not like he is cheating on her with someone else; he's working hard for a goal/dream. She should have supported him. But he should have invited her to join him, then that high schooler has a female companion (although seeing how his girlfriend looked, I wonder if she would have wanted to spend the day watching them run).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's funny that you call her selfish, yet you put zero thought into her own wants and needs. You just expect her to drop everything to "support her man". What about her goals and dreams? And it's not like she got into a relationship with an athlete and now complain he spends too much time training. He's just some guy who all of a sudden had no time for her anymore.
It's funny, didn't we have a very similar conversation in another thread about a young Japanese detective and his girl problems.

While I still feel the same way now as I did then and pretty much agree with Anh_Minh in principal at least, I am a little tired of anime and chicks who can't wait.
Old 2018-12-21, 01:14   Link #66
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
You're over exaggerating there. Showing a little support for her partner, and vice versa, doesn't mean dropping her whole life to worship him.

It also looks like (with the way he ran to see her that day) he tries hard to find time for her. Although, perhaps it was wrong of me to say she's "selfish" out of the blue without having seen her side of the story. However, I do get the sense that neither of them seemed to have communicated their disappointment to each other properly.

Also, he's not a professional athlete, nor intends to be, so she could have tried to show patience and a little support during this short period. But I do admit we didn't see the entire picture (her side in particular), so calling her "selfish" might be overdoing it some.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2019-01-08, 15:55   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's back. Time for a training camp! Sadly, things went south really quickly because of Red Shinji. I was really frustrated the episode ended there.
Old 2019-01-08, 16:30   Link #68
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What "sacrifice" is he even talking about? Being slower because you're less talented and train less seriously?
Old 2019-01-08, 19:16   Link #69
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
What "sacrifice" is he even talking about? Being slower because you're less talented and train less seriously?
We don't know if he trains less seriously. But yeah, he's full of crap. It's not Kakeru's fault that he's better than him. And Kakeru never asked for preferential treatment, it seemed like the coach just did it on his own thinking of it as a reward for him. He may not have had bad intentions, but from what little we've seen, he looked like a bad coach. He should take out his anger on him instead. Or rather, he should move on.
Old 2019-01-09, 18:37   Link #70
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Kakeru attended Sendai Josei High School. Did he attend in drag? The bully on the Tokyo team makes a reference to Kakeru's holding hands with his "little friends" and by his tone implies that Kakdru is gay. Probably Kakeru was thrown out of Sendai Girls, and the journalist knows something about it.

Reminds me of a major character in Shion no Ou.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 16:14   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now we have the full story. I gave the coach the benefit of the doubt before, but it turns out he really was a total dick. It's a shame his classmates were penalized because of Kakeru's actions, but the coach fully deserved it. Then again, I'd say they were at fault as well for only caring about themselves.
Old 2019-01-15, 17:20   Link #72
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So Red Shinji has a somewhat more legitimate beef with Kakeru than I thought. Still an asshole, though.
Old 2019-01-15, 19:12   Link #73
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
So Red Shinji has a somewhat more legitimate beef with Kakeru than I thought. Still an asshole, though.
I have no sympathy for him. He was already an asshole back then, not wanting to help his underclassmen.
Old 2019-01-16, 02:09   Link #74
Forsaken_Infinity

Well, I can understand his resentment but yeah, not blaming the coach first before blaming Kakeru who stood up for the young kid makes him not have any sympathy from me either. Just a selfish dude who wasn't really making it then, hasn't really made it now and looking for excuses.
Old 2019-01-16, 04:47   Link #75
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Kakeru attended Sendai Josei High School. Did he attend in drag? The bully on the Tokyo team makes a reference to Kakeru's holding hands with his "little friends" and by his tone implies that Kakdru is gay. Probably Kakeru was thrown out of Sendai Girls, and the journalist knows something about it.

Reminds me of a major character in Shion no Ou.
The kanji reads 仙台城西高校
I have no idea how are you going to interpret that as a girl school, at all.

If you are just joking, never mind.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-16, 12:03   Link #76
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've since learned that "Josei" in a school's name can imply some sort of "nurturing," and such schools are, obviously, not single-sex.

Quote:
Josei has two meanings. It also means 'nurturing' or 'supporting' in terms of encouraging growth for young people. IT's a very common name for schools, there are elementary schools and high schools with that name across Japan. One of the schools in 'Kuroko no Basket' was Josei High School.
If they chose their faculty based on how well they nurture the students, the administration made a big mistake in hiring Kakeru's coach.

I don't read Kanji, nor do most of the other people who post on this site. My understanding of "josei" comes from anime/manga demographics where it means "older female."
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 22:16   Link #77
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I've since learned that "Josei" in a school's name can imply some sort of "nurturing," and such schools are, obviously, not single-sex.

If they chose their faculty based on how well they nurture the students, the administration made a big mistake in hiring Kakeru's coach.

I don't read Kanji, nor do most of the other people who post on this site. My understanding of "josei" comes from anime/manga demographics where it means "older female."
It looks more like a place name or something here than even that though. Nurturing would be 助成
Old 2019-01-22, 20:41   Link #78
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I think ep 14 is well done. It was quite emotional watching Prince fighting hard to qualify for the sake of his teammates. I'm really enjoying this series. A bit surprised that a show simply about running can actually be very entertaining - kudos to the production team.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2019-01-23, 12:28   Link #79
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yup, that was really good. They did a good job making us want to cheer for Prince as much as his teammates did. I knew he was going to make it, but I think his time was also better than some of the others too.

Next week is Hakone Ekiden already? Seems way too soon into the series so I guess it's another marathon to prepare them for it.
Old 2019-01-23, 16:15   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The qualifiers, maybe.

Tags
marathon, sports