AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-05-01, 14:20   Link #41
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
ちなみに陛下は最近、『シファニー』という召使に御熱心のようだ。
 宮殿の裏庭で肌を重ねていた。

よりにもよって、そこでやるか? という呆れと若干の嫉妬が入り混じって、複雑な気分だ。
 やはり覚悟はしていたとはいえ、自分が愛する相手が他の女性も愛しているというのはあまり良い気分ではな い。
Haha~ Jerk~

Also

Quote:
「悪意で殺せる人間は精々百人程度です。でも、善意なら一万人、十万人程度簡単に殺せます。だから、あなた は善人ですよ。間違いありません。少し、虚栄心が強くて欲が深く、自分勝手で、人の痛みに共感できませんが 、ね」
I've heard this epic quote before
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-02, 13:41   Link #42
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
「じゃあ、こう言おう。お前は皇帝が駐在している都市を火を付けた。下手をすれば火は総督府にまで及び、俺 が焼け死ぬ可能性もあった。その点についてはどうかね? まさか、貴様の放った火が異教だけを焼く清浄な火 だとは言うまいな? まあ、もしそう言うのであればお前を焼いてやっても良いぞ。燃えないのだ ろう?」
Haha! Best MC!

Btw, this novel also presents these questions :

1. Is worshipping holy statues actually idolatry?
2. Is child of God a God or human?
3. If everyone is equal then why clergymen have ranks?

Interesting~
Old 2018-05-02, 15:14   Link #43
pervypig

^ he starting a council of nicea? Hey, I don't mind having boring stuff like theology added in from time to time, but I'm only here for tat nice piece o' ass...
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-02, 16:24   Link #44
Rasty

^ You can't really have a real middle age (well this is before that, but even so) fantasy without church playing some role and when you have the MC being an emperor the religion just will play some part.

^^ Nothing new for Europeans though. You can easily see different views between Christianity (especially Catholic, though most of the other surviving are similar) and Islam which btw. in this series is characterized just as one of the types of Christianity.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-02, 22:23   Link #45
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Rare in WN tho

MC ripped-off Islam's way of dealing with those things
"The country recognizes your beliefs, as long as you pay extra taxes"
Old 2018-05-02, 23:36   Link #46
Rasty

^ Except he also allowed propagation of those religions to other people, Islam not only forbids that, it even has high (was it death?) punishments for conversion from Islam to anything else, also Muslim woman can't marry anyone of different religion (so in long run the other religions are bound to dwindle down anyway).
Also doesn't Islam forbid holy statues?

But yeah, the increased tax not only increases the income of the state, it also causes the religions to slowly dwindle down without having to deal with some rebellions or such things.
Old 2018-05-02, 23:44   Link #47
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Yes, Islam is more strict, and forbid holy statues

MC's Messiah Religion is more attractive
It doesn't prevent people from conversing to other religions, yes
But why would anyone convert when you are gonna be imposed with heavy taxes
Old 2018-05-03, 02:26   Link #48
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

I am muslim, and I just want to clarified things in here.
Quote:
"The country recognizes your beliefs, as long as you pay extra taxes"
indeed it is true but in the first place, Muslim must pay many kind of zakat, and non-muslim didnt, so they pay extra taxes. so it is the same whether you Islam or not, just different term.
Quote:
it even has high (was it death?) punishments for conversion from Islam to anything else,
there is no something like that, there is no punishment (in the world) for conversion from Islam, the punishment is in afterlife. if you know some country that do that, then it is that country rule, not the religion rule.
Quote:
Muslim woman can't marry anyone of different religion,
this indeed right, but Man also cant marry different religion too except christian that still thinks jesus as prophet not God (Arius faction that lose to Anatasius in Nicea, and not that there is still that faction in recent days anyway).
Quote:
Islam forbid holy statues,
Yes Islam forbid Statues.
also, in Islam everyone is equal and there is no clergyman or something like that, and the best thing is you can had a Harem (although 4 is maximal)
and yes Islam is strict but please dont judge Islam by ISIS, because they dont represent Islam even many Muslim that hate them.
Old 2018-05-03, 05:13   Link #49
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^The heretics tax is heavier

No countries in the world adopt 100% religion laws, never in history
So country laws essentially = religion laws

That is cleverly shown in this novel
Same religion, but when war broke up the country, each fragmented part began to diverge to sects
There is one that is considered Orthodox but even that is no longer completely the same with the original
Old 2018-05-03, 06:21   Link #50
pervypig

^ Geeezus, while we're on topic o' holly cows and watnots, do they allow any brothels? I believe they call that 'nunnery' in middle age. 'Get thee to a nunnery, go!', as good ol' sex-spear wrote right?
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 08:06   Link #51
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^The heretics tax is heavier
I dont know based on what you said that, but in the original, it is not. it depend on how much your wealth is. so it is the same.

Quote:
No countries in the world adopt 100% religion laws, never in history
agree about this
Quote:
So country laws essentially = religion laws
didnt agree with this. IF there is a different country for example UEA and Qatar, both using Islam as based country laws but there is a different in both country laws, so which one is religion laws? or is there many religion laws? if so, then isnt it the same with just using different term for religion laws?
so reigion laws is religion laws, Country laws is Country laws.
Quote:
That is cleverly shown in this novel
Same religion, but when war broke up the country, each fragmented part began to diverge to sects
Agree that there is many sect in it.
Quote:
There is one that is considered Orthodox but even that is no longer completely the same with the original
it depend how you interpreted "completely the same with original", if you interpreted as literally then agree, but if essentially, then disagree. there is still "essentially" the same with original (at least in Islam). and what I said before is based on original.
If based on some sect, then I totally agree with you.

Last edited by Hujan; 2018-05-03 at 08:38.
Hujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 09:11   Link #52
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
^ Geeezus, while we're on topic o' holly cows and watnots, do they allow any brothels? I believe they call that 'nunnery' in middle age. 'Get thee to a nunnery, go!', as good ol' sex-spear wrote right?
There are brothels in every city, and MC allows his soldiers to use them so it's legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
I dont know based on what you said that, but in the original, it is not. it depend on how much your wealth is. so it is the same.
Stop bullshitting >

Quote:
The Quran and hadiths mention jizya without specifying its rate or amount.[17] However, scholars largely agree that early Muslim rulers adapted existing systems of taxation and tribute that were established under previous rulers of the conquered lands, such as those of the Byzantine and Sasanian empires.
Byzantine, which also the empire this novel based on has it higher
MC used the term jizya too

Quote:
Didnt agree with this. IF there is a different country for example UEA and Qatar, both using Islam as based country laws but there is a different in both country laws, so which one is religion laws? or is there many religion laws? if so, then isnt it the same with just using different term for religion laws?
so reigion laws is religion laws, Country laws is Country laws.
There's no Central Command for Islam, unlike Vatican
So even if there's a Religion Laws, there's no country who implemented it fully
At least on this earth, there are Laws that not monitored

Quote:
it depend how you interpreted "completely the same with original", if you interpreted as literally then agree, but if essentially, then disagree. there is still "essentially" the same with original (at least in Islam). and what I said before is based on original.
If based on some sect, then I totally agree with you.
Any teaching will degrade or transform over time
Old 2018-05-04, 08:51   Link #53
Mirable
ミラベル

Finally finish volume 1, i think i have a mix feeling about MC, everything went out as he planned too much.

I wish there is someone that manage to make MC "lose" for real or put him into disadvantage situation and make MC realize that sometime not everything always goes the way he planned.

It would be great if that person is heroine, no doubt she will be a best girl and make stories more interesting. Right now MC's fiancee is kinda..bland TBH.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 09:00   Link #54
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
It would be great if that person is heroine, no doubt she will be a best girl and make stories more interesting.
Wha? Are you a prophet?
Old 2018-05-04, 09:16   Link #55
Mirable
ミラベル

^Not sure if that's sarcasm or not, either way looking forward to that heroine
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 12:30   Link #56
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Literal

I can confidently say that this novel ranks in :

1. Top 5 Novel
2. Top 3 MC
3. #1 Country Management Novel
Old 2018-05-04, 14:04   Link #57
Rasty

^ Agreed. For the time being there is nothing bad to point out about the country management aspect (naisei). That's really rare. No technology impossible by the time's standards (machineguns creation by hammer and I guess bronze, really?), no ridiculous results (introducing three field system and getting great results the same year) and no ridiculous turns. Things seem to take some time and not happen in one month as in other series and it deftly uses the +100 years the elven lifespan allows.

And to that all, it's addictively fun to read and for the time being getting an update every 2 days.
Old 2018-05-04, 14:18   Link #58
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Yup, really smart novel
No instant solution
The ration problem was presented like 20 chapters ago and it's still being considered regarding the best solution

The religion part also being taken seriously
In other novels, religious people are being brushed aside as maniacs or simply has nothing to do with MC

Yea, the lifespan passage will be used effectively I think too
Unlike Yaritsukai which has immortal MC but only 1+ year has passed, like what's even the point
But one concern is what about non-elf heroines?
Will they die midway?

Btw, author confirmed that the maid MC boinked will appear in Arc 3
Old 2018-05-04, 20:39   Link #59
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Literal

I can confidently say that this novel ranks in :

1. Top 5 Novel
2. Top 3 MC
3. #1 Country Management Novel
That much? I still need another novel updated regulary, and this one is still short so easy to catch up. Guess I'll try once I've caught up with Infinite Dendrogram.

Last edited by Rinvelt; 2018-05-04 at 20:54.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 21:59   Link #60
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Infinite Dendogram good? Any romance? I can't take game theme seriously

That much
MC is equal or better than Velt

As expected, MC's personality decides the quality of the novel the most

Tags
choroi mc, elven clans, emperor mc, ikemen mc, romance