AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-21, 18:00   Link #41
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Well, I think even though she seems to be very strong, there are times where she looks a bit vulnerable. For example, after the whole affair with Flay in Ep 9, she was clearly shaken up and distraught. And of course, she seemed to hold in the news of the death of her father until Kira showed up where she let loose her feelings (I think its sincere here... Otherwise it doesn't make sense for her to mention it, especially since it was all but forgotten the next episode). And she looked very worried when Kira went off during the final battle, and after GENESIS exploded.
Lucas always knew how to play Kira. Lucas can be this great tactician and strategist in battle, have far too much knowledge on what is going on than anyone, and yet is shooken by Fllay's hate? I doubt it, Lucas is just to manipulative. She was on an enemy ship, full of people who hated her, so what does she do, play the damsel in destress. Lucas knows what kind of person Kira is, she knows he would be sad for her and would be willing to help her if she played the heartbroken child when her father died.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 19:13   Link #42
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
Lucas always knew how to play Kira. Lucas can be this great tactician and strategist in battle, have far too much knowledge on what is going on than anyone, and yet is shooken by Fllay's hate? I doubt it, Lucas is just to manipulative. She was on an enemy ship, full of people who hated her, so what does she do, play the damsel in destress. Lucas knows what kind of person Kira is, she knows he would be sad for her and would be willing to help her if she played the heartbroken child when her father died.
No, watch Ep 9 and you'll see what I mean... She really look sadden by it, and Kira wasn't even close by. Lacus might be manipulative, but she is still "pure" and has a good-heart as someone said before.

And if she understood Kira she'd know that Kira would gladly help her even if she didn't play the heartbroken child. So I don't see any reason for for crying that episode other than being sincere.
Old 2004-10-21, 19:24   Link #43
AnimeSannins
Freedom-Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
huh? i didnt knew George Lucas was involved in gundam seed

just j/k
AnimeSannins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 21:58   Link #44
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSannins
huh? i didnt knew George Lucas was involved in gundam seed

just j/k
hhummm... we already got lightsaber swords in gundam, soon we will be seeing the force ^^
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 22:13   Link #45
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger
hhummm... we already got lightsaber swords in gundam, soon we will be seeing the force ^^
well, not to mention the NT ghosts and Jedi ghosts XD
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 06:55   Link #46
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Heh, think i'll mention this to my gundam fan friend and watch him froth at the mouth. Should be fun -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 06:58   Link #47
JohnSilver
MS Technician

Send a message via MSN to JohnSilver
As long as we don't get a masked character once that goes, during a MS fight in which he is winning:

Masked dood: "(Input hero character name), I am your father."

Hero: "NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

(Hero's MS loses a hand...)
JohnSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 09:29   Link #48
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSilver
As long as we don't get a masked character once that goes, during a MS fight in which he is winning:

Masked dood: "(Input hero character name), I am your father."

Hero: "NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

(Hero's MS loses a hand...)

More like...

Masked dude: Kira...I am Fraga!
Kira: WTF?!? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Old 2004-10-22, 14:04   Link #49
rorosama

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSannins
Flley was a really interasting character. I believe Stella's role will be somewhat similar to the one flley had. Watch the opening. Shinn&Stella, reminds me of kira&Flley.
I don't think stella will be a unstable schizo. I see her being the main heroine of the show.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 23:31   Link #50
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
I don't think stella will be a unstable schizo. I see her being the main heroine of the show.

Stella seems to be even more drugged on prozac than Lacus is -_- Surprisingly enough. I don't really get anything from her char other than 'unstable person'.

Old 2004-10-23, 00:02   Link #51
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie
Stella seems to be even more drugged on prozac than Lacus is -_- Surprisingly enough. I don't really get anything from her char other than 'unstable person'.
Maybe because.... there's only been 2 eps!
Old 2004-10-23, 04:16   Link #52
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Not to mention twins that look nothing alike...the targeting computer on the Strike, hell that scene where they launched the force pack in ep 2 while Athrun's Zaku walked by in the foreground reminded me of the millinieum falcon flying by Luke during empire strikes back...

Destiny will no doubt end with a Death Star...has to happen.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 04:52   Link #53
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
We've already had the Solar Ray System and GENESIS, what are they going to do next? :P
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 05:11   Link #54
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Not to mention twins that look nothing alike...the targeting computer on the Strike, hell that scene where they launched the force pack in ep 2 while Athrun's Zaku walked by in the foreground reminded me of the millinieum falcon flying by Luke during empire strikes back...

Oh come on, they do look alike, wasn't everyone complaining about the face shapes? But then again, going by that, everyone's got the same face shape... are they all twins :O

And Kira probably must have been blonde to begin with but his hair was modified since he's a coordinator . Well.... yeah.
Old 2004-10-23, 12:41   Link #55
Keppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
No, watch Ep 9 and you'll see what I mean... She really look sadden by it, and Kira wasn't even close by. Lacus might be manipulative, but she is still "pure" and has a good-heart as someone said before.

And if she understood Kira she'd know that Kira would gladly help her even if she didn't play the heartbroken child. So I don't see any reason for for crying that episode other than being sincere.
Exactly. Lacus can be manipulative, but she doesn't have evil intentions about it.

Its the character's intentions that matter. Fllay had the wrong intentions to begin with. I'm not saying she's bad or evil or anything, but she was dealt the losing hand, and it messed her up.

In the end Lacus was stronger then Fllay and was able to rise above her misfortunes. Fllay wasn't able to do that. I hate what Fllay did to Kira, but I feel more sorry for her then anything. She was just a kid who went through something a kid shouldn't have to go through, and she couldn't handle it. Thats what makes her story so tragic. But since Lacus was able to be strong through her ordeals, and was able to fight for the ideals/people she cared so much about, she was the winner of the 2.

I don't hate either one of em because it makes for good story telling, I think.

Just my 2cents
Keppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 11:28   Link #56
rorosama

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie
You're right. I hadn't seen ep 2 when i wrote that above post. Stella's just as crazy as flay and lacus. Hell more so than them.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 03:30   Link #57
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainz
She doesn't really gain anything from the manipulating in the end, nor did Kira lose anything.
Kira lost a good "bed buddy." Hopefully Lacus can fulfill what will be missing in the equation for Kira. Man that little flash of Fllay on top in one of the later episodes was pretty yummy. (awaits Gundam Seed Specials in the mail for more...)

I did feel bad for both Kira and Fllay though... oh well, one thing is for certain, Providence Gundam > Fllay.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 17:23   Link #58
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Lacus - Cute, very cute, very smart, looking out for the greater good.

Fllay - while i can't stand her she didn't derserve to die, now i say this for pure religous reasons as i feel that no one ever derserves to die. i still feel that she was quite messed up in the head
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 22:08   Link #59
xTiNa4eVr

Lightbulb Damn Straight!

they couldve made her die more painfully ^_^ -chants YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA- OMG she soo deserved to she hurt to many people :fingers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Flay deserved to die.

However, Her death was far to quick for my taste.
xTiNa4eVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 22:10   Link #60
xTiNa4eVr

SHE DIED AND DESERVED TO DIE CUZ SHE WAS THE BIGGEST WHORE-SLUT-PIG!! OMG!! she definitly had a fiance and she goes of to DO IT with Kira!! O.O I MEAN COME ON!! what does that tell u. -cof slut cof- yea sooo if you do think thats a good reason fer her to die...she also popped over and betrayed earth by going with ZAFT
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
How did she deserve to die? She was a fifteen year old girl and had done nothing wrong.
xTiNa4eVr is offline   Reply With Quote