AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-30, 08:42   Link #1121
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

MINAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normally I don't do this because it borderlines tinted shipping... but sadly it's extremely clear that some people need to be taken by the hand and walked through these things.

---

Anyways, once and for all.. lets get started. I'm using thumbs because I don't want picture spam. Feel free to clicky and make things bigger though.

Here we can see Alto's purple trail flying up from behind Quarter. Hopefully you can distinguish Battle Frontier from Quarter.

And here we have the appearance of Sheryl on Ranka's screen. Take note Battle Frontier is on Ranka's right.

Now we have Ranka appearing on Sheryl's screen, to her left. And look! We also have Alto popping up in Gerwalk form in-between Frontier and Quarter!

And now we have Alto in Battleroid mode. Take special note of the positioning of the VF's legs and body facing towards Sheryl. Also take not of what Ranka is doing... oblivious? I think so. She's already looking straight forward before the salute even happened.

Note: Unless the animation team messed up the distance, depth perception in the scene... Given the size of the Battle Frontier, Quarter and Alto's VF... it'd impossible for Alto's VF to remain that visibly large to both crafts if he were actually floating in the between Frontier and Quarter.

Because of this... it is my belief that since Alto is CLEARLY seen on Sheryl's end that he had been floating near Frontier's bridge.

And the salute. Alto's VF head is turned to the left, which happens to be the side facing Sheryl. Also, take a look at the gif forgottendiary so graciously provided us. Alto doesn't shift around extra to turn to Ranka.

Here we have the Sheryl and Ranka frame. Sheryl's background shows a partial space battle showing us that she's looking to her left, presumably at Alto due to the scene prior. Now Ranka, her background is the Quarter's bridge meaning she had already been looking directly ahead.

Honestly, how could Ranka have seen something to her far right if she'd been looking straight forward since Alto went Battleroid.

Now last, these two shots of him flying away help us decipher where he was actually facing and if he was closer to one or the other.

Take into consideration that the battle is straight in front of them.. if Alto were already floating in the middle to salute both, he'd just fly straight forward. Instead he flew away while drifting to his left... this hints to us that he had to turn a little to get back into the center of the fight... it also implies that he had been close to something on his left, our right.

Who just happened to be on the Alto's left when he was saluting... and then who was on the right when he was flying away? It was Battle Frontier and Sheryl.

--

Credits to Skull Fairy Crew.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...

Last edited by TwilightHack; 2008-09-30 at 08:59.
Old 2008-09-30, 09:01   Link #1122
Elandyll

I was about to post the same SS as Twilight, but hopefully it clears up things for "some" people. The VF was obviously sliding to the right of the screen for us, same as Sheryl moving her head to the right to look at Alto.

The VF faces Battle Frontier, making the salute -obviously- to Sheryl. Sheryl responds in kind, facing directly the camera embedded on the screen (on her left, right in front of Alto's VF in the scene), thus showed looking straight at the screen when watching Ranka's scene (Ranka's screen, showing Sheryl, is on her right). Ranka is then facing straight -AWAY- from Alto and the screen, probably looking outside at Ai Kun or being a Camera hog for the Frontier live feed (reminding me of Minmey, more concerned about her stage performance than Hikaru).
An other explanation for Sheryl facing the camera straight while responding to Alto, is that they have opened a private video channel, which Ranka is not sharing (thus her seeing Sheryl's response to Alto, and not Alto himself).

Two other scenes have received very little attention:

1) When Ranka shows up and empowers the Vajra to a full frontal attack, both the Quarter and the Battle Frontier are hit.
What we hear:
Alto: SHERYLU !!!
Ozma: KATHY !!!
Each reaction followed by a quick scene showing the objects of their ... attention
There is an an obvious parallel between the couples, both Sheryl and Kathy being in (perceived) danger.

2)Other scene: At the end, Alto flys in Ex-Gear, and mentions that he now has his sky, thanks to Sheryl and Ranka (mentionning Sheryl first), and then his earring, given by Sheryl, starts to glow.

Oh, and the right hand ahead, he visibly put it to his front in the middle, not aiming at his right or left (just like Kawamori San had him flying exactly in between them right before), it means nothing.

I'll leave it at that ...

Last edited by Elandyll; 2008-09-30 at 12:26.
Old 2008-09-30, 09:11   Link #1123
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

The slap was the stupidest thing I have seen in 25. It made no sense, and obviously a last ditch moment for Ranka to have some sort of a revenge. I cannot be sure what was the producers' intentions, but it made Ranka looked even more immature.

Hello, Sheryl is literally dying. She was singing pretty much with her last fucking breath. Then she just got blasted by a fold wave emission, how does that not accelerate her steps into death's door considering her current situation is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanikore View Post
[*]Last battle was horrendously choreographed, despite the garish CG. It does not come even close to the original Macross. Yes, I did see it again recently.

There. Got it off my chest.

Whoa, wait wait ... Nawwww. The original Macross topping Frontier in terms of graphics? NAWWWWW! Shoot, I remember that old series scene by scene and I cannot for one second agree. Even DYRL, with its revamped graphics cannot do much to match the best 3D CG anime graphics up-to-date. The difference between Mac 3D and recent anime that incorporates 3D? Clarity, quality and not out of place. Others with heavy 3D like Blassreiter looks completely out of place in a background that is still drawn 2D.

Oh man...

That entire session of Battle Ballade in 25 made my blood pressure shoot so damn high it almost burst from my bloody skull!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-30, 09:14   Link #1124
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I concur. Not much to compare, in regards to graphics, between SDFM/DYRL and Frontier. IMHO, of course.

Old 2008-09-30, 09:16   Link #1125
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
1) When Ranka shows up and empowers the Vajra to a full frontal attack, both the Quarter and the Battle Frontier are hit.
What we hear:
Alto: SHERYLU !!!
Ozma: KATHY !!!
Each reaction followed by a quick scene showing the objects of their ... attention
There is an an obvious parallel between the couples, both Sheryl and Kathy being in (perceived) danger.
I'm sorry, you're delusional, if you can't see that Ranka and Bobby will win Alto and Ozma's hearts respectively you're blind.
Old 2008-09-30, 09:20   Link #1126
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

But Bobby loves WILDER, not Ozma... no?

Old 2008-09-30, 09:48   Link #1127
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I tell you man, Wilder is Ranka's father!! Dammit, I speak the truth and you know it!

I remember him wanting to say something in one episode, but decided not to, then he was feeling his scar. I want that loose end tied, dammit!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2008-09-30 at 10:19.
Old 2008-09-30, 09:50   Link #1128
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, gross...

Old 2008-09-30, 10:28   Link #1129
Danish78
Thread Lurker

Let's see..... in another week we should be hitting the 100 page mark. Keep it up people!

All kidding aside let's take another topic up. Saggitarius is the archer constellation right? Anybody care to give their take on this and how when Alto's VF-171EX blew up in ep24 the explosion resembled an arrow? I'm not too bright on symbolisms and such so an explanation would be enlightening for me. Thanks!
Old 2008-09-30, 10:34   Link #1130
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
But Bobby loves WILDER, not Ozma... no?
No, the bridge bunny whose name escapes me loves Wilder. Bobby loves Ozma, but "is too old to expect his love to be returned".
Old 2008-09-30, 10:44   Link #1131
mechabao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
No, the bridge bunny whose name escapes me loves Wilder. Bobby loves Ozma, but "is too old to expect his love to be returned".
No, no, no. You have it all wrong. Ozma is merely a fling. With Wilder it's the real deal.
Old 2008-09-30, 10:47   Link #1132
Danish78
Thread Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The bridge bunny in question is Monica, the radar operator/navigator. Incidentally she's voiced by Rie Tanaka (Lacus Clyne).
Old 2008-09-30, 11:13   Link #1133
zalem

THANK YOU TwilightHack for that post. Of course, some people will probably STILL dispute the salute to Sheryl even though the evidence is thrown right in their face now. And how anyone can argue that the salute was to Ranka of all people is beyond me. Yeah, Alto is saluting someone who isn't even facing him. o_O
Old 2008-09-30, 11:16   Link #1134
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Wanna bet they'll keep arguing the same thing over and over and over again and again and again?

Old 2008-09-30, 11:23   Link #1135
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

I haven't watched M7 (got turned off w/ the Basara piloting a VF using only a guitar gimmick). So this is the first Macross series I've watched wherein the love dept. wasn't resolved.

And I hate it. I hated the whole ep. Too much focus on Ranka. Too many Alto screaming Ranka. Too many Sheryl speaking of Ranka. To many of everyone saying RANKA!!!!! Geez, Whats so likable w/ Ranka anyway.

So I get an ending w/ a sailormoon esque Sheryl w/ Corny lines from Alto and Hax skills out of nowhere coming from Ranka. great. just great lol.
Old 2008-09-30, 11:31   Link #1136
Tabris

I know it's all a bit of fun, but I think you're looking a little be too deeply into things...just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
I haven't watched M7 (got turned off w/ the Basara piloting a VF using only a guitar gimmick). So this is the first Macross series I've watched wherein the love dept. wasn't resolved.

And I hate it. I hated the whole ep. Too much focus on Ranka. Too many Alto screaming Ranka. Too many Sheryl speaking of Ranka. To many of everyone saying RANKA!!!!! Geez, Whats so likable w/ Ranka anyway.

So I get an ending w/ a sailormoon esque Sheryl w/ Corny lines from Alto and Hax skills out of nowhere coming from Ranka. great. just great lol.
Trust me, it may seem like the worst thing ever, but after 18 or so episodes of it, you'll end up singing along with Basara.
Old 2008-09-30, 12:25   Link #1137
kuyaaids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
I know it's all a bit of fun, but I think you're looking a little be too deeply into things...just a little

Trust me, it may seem like the worst thing ever, but after 18 or so episodes of it, you'll end up singing along with Basara.
raises hand, yeah, I got pretty annoyed with him at the beginning. But loved the later songs Holy Lonely Night and Try Again

Though I did notice, Alto's final shot at the end reminds me of Van Fanel's pose or something.
Old 2008-09-30, 12:28   Link #1138
Elandyll

Quote:
Whats so likable w/ Ranka anyway.
She is the little sister Idol type, always in trouble/creating a mess. Cute, but in the end pretty much useless...
Old 2008-09-30, 12:40   Link #1139
Tabris

Ranka is the adoramoe~ little sister you've always wanted to hug and pinch the cheeks of...
Old 2008-09-30, 12:42   Link #1140
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Not me. I've always preferred the more feisty and... er... developed types, myself.

Closed Thread