AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-06-12, 02:06   Link #25381
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
So here's something for Thunderbird and Satashi that will hopefully be useful for their visual novel projects:

I took them from Hiyotama Goten's Lyrical Days doujinshi, cropped them out, added some smiles. There's also Fate, Vita, and Alisa too, but they're being covered by the others. I couldn't do much about Nanoha and Shamal's legs, so perhaps some one else could take a stab at removing the text?
Old 2010-06-12, 03:22   Link #25382
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Well, like Moczo said, even just a few words are enough to let some one know you're actually reading something.
Well, I used to be a bit more open and casual like that with my reviews. However, you see, some authors whose stories I reviewed were... how should I put it... less than appreciative.

Quote:
Heh, well I've had part of chapter 2 done for awhile... I guess I could post it.

Three's Company chapter 2 Partial

Chapter 1 here

The story so far: Nanoha and Fate go on a romantic getaway, leaving Yuuno to babysit Vivio.

Spoiler for Three's Company chapter 2 Partial:
It looks complete enough, or at least you reached a logical stopping point. When I get inspiration to write it usually hits me in sections all over the chapter, if not across chapters, which I have to piece together afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoEevee View Post
...so, assuming there are any other Kingdom Hearts fans here, what does everybody think of these conspiracy theories/Wild Mass Guessings that I'm incorperating into my crossover fics?

*Snip*

And then the rest are purely fanfic-type things, like Master Xehanort having the Darklings of Nanoha, Fate, and Yuuno on stand-by, or Sora's outfit in KH2 functioning as a Barrier Jacket.

Or an alternate universe that plays like a Fusion Fic of KH and Nanoha. >w>;

So... what's up? xD; *shot*
That's certainly a larger scope than a simple "Nanoha is a 'World' in the KH-verse" thing. You got any existing material up already?

Quote:
So here's something for Thunderbird and Satashi that will hopefully be useful for their visual novel projects:

*Snip*

I took them from Hiyotama Goten's Lyrical Days doujinshi, cropped them out, added some smiles. There's also Fate, Vita, and Alisa too, but they're being covered by the others. I couldn't do much about Nanoha and Shamal's legs, so perhaps some one else could take a stab at removing the text?
Like this?

It was a slapchop job.

Also, damn, there wasn't any Rein Eins in there.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!

Last edited by WarpObscura; 2010-06-12 at 05:50.
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 09:09   Link #25383
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Three's Company chapter 2 Partial

Chapter 1 here

The story so far: Nanoha and Fate go on a romantic getaway, leaving Yuuno to babysit Vivio.

Spoiler for Three's Company chapter 2 Partial:
Heh, like I told you before, this was cute. Hayate needing help to reach stuff makes me laugh.

I think I found it more interesting though, that Yuuno could recognize Hayate by just looking at her rear-end. Makes me wonder how many times he's gotten a close-up view of her rear-end. XD

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 09:55   Link #25384
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
New chapter of "Shadowfire" is up and running: Keep Your Thoughts Close.
Old 2010-06-12, 10:25   Link #25385
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
It looks complete enough, or at least you reached a logical stopping point. When I get inspiration to write it usually hits me in sections all over the chapter, if not across chapters, which I have to piece together afterwards.
Well the plan is to have the chapter cover the rest of their evening together. I pretty much have that already all thought out. But we'll see how long it ends up being. I may split it...

Quote:
Like this?

It was a slapchop job.
Doesn't look too bad, especially when it gets shrunk to fit in the game's window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Heh, like I told you before, this was cute. Hayate needing help to reach stuff makes me laugh.
Yeah, that girl is just so damn short... I'm actually quite fixated on that fact Well, I like short girls anyways.

Quote:
I think I found it more interesting though, that Yuuno could recognize Hayate by just looking at her rear-end. Makes me wonder how many times he's gotten a close-up view of her rear-end. XD
Oh I'm sure she makes certain he sees it as often as possible
Old 2010-06-12, 10:49   Link #25386
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

Quote:
So... Here's a little something...

Honestly, I don't think it's complete, but I'll see what (if any) comments I get for it.

Spoiler for Day in the Life Chapter 37:

I wonder how many people want to kill me right now...

*Claims the page in the name of protective shields*
I think I'm the first to comment on this? I liked how Einhart is in this one, she needs more love. I only have read 3 fics that included her.

I'll be honest, I just skimmed through it, because I haven't actually gotten that far in your Day in the Life, series. I'm only on Time Skip.....
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 14:25   Link #25387
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
New chapter of "Shadowfire" is up and running: Keep Your Thoughts Close.
Cute, though I think you should do more work on the longer, more central core fics!
Old 2010-06-12, 14:39   Link #25388
NeoEevee

Quote:
That's certainly a larger scope than a simple "Nanoha is a 'World' in the KH-verse" thing. You got any existing material up already?
Ehehehe... that's the thing. x3;;; I've put a lot of thought into all of it... but I haven't actually written anything yet. *shot dead*

Most of that actually no, ALL of it was written for a four-part megacrossover fanfiction series. I've written the beginning of the first fic... but it's not online, I have a lot of editting to do, and it doesn't involve KH or Nanoha at all, except for Shout Outs and foreshadowing.

I just wanted to get into the discussion and wasn't really sure how to start. But yeah, my brain seems to be hardwired for crossovers. And KH and Nanoha are prime targets, what with their "multiple worlds" aspects. That and I have a tendency to put a lot of thought into these things... a little too much thought. Like that Nanoha/KH Fusion Fic? It won't ever get a story of its own, though the characters will get zapped to the canon dimensions and wreck havoc there. I could've just stopped at sticking the Nanoha cast into the lives of the KH cast, but I didn't. I redesigned outfits, I made Keyblades, I've reimagined entire scenes with the soundtracks of both series... and I want to try and animate them someday. >> Because my brain is like a Plot Bunny factory, made by Plot Bunnies, for Plot Bunnies, and run by the Energizer Bunny; it just keeps going and going and going...
NeoEevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 14:55   Link #25389
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Even if you're not a crossover fan (such as myself), if you spend any time at all on TVtropes, you know that three series always inevitably cross over with every other series ever created!

Those three series are Dr. Who, Warhammer 40,000... and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

Edit: For those of you curious or interested, I posted to FF.net the three complete chapters of Altered Course, the "what-if" AU re-make of MGLN Season One that I started writing some time ago. It's currently on hold, but I'll pick it back up after false light is done and I'll give Celica a break for a while.
Old 2010-06-12, 15:36   Link #25390
NeoEevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Even if you're not a crossover fan (such as myself), if you spend any time at all on TVtropes, you know that three series always inevitably cross over with every other series ever created!

Those three series are Dr. Who, Warhammer 40,000... and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.
Really now? I've seen some of the Dr. Who and Warhammer 40k ones, but only a few Nanoha ones. Specific links, please?
NeoEevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 15:49   Link #25391
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I mean in the WMG sections, series will often get crossed over with Nanoha (and those other two).
Old 2010-06-12, 16:18   Link #25392
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
So... Here's a little something...

Honestly, I don't think it's complete, but I'll see what (if any) comments I get for it.

Spoiler for Day in the Life Chapter 37:

I wonder how many people want to kill me right now...

*Claims the page in the name of protective shields*
Errors left in quote. A general thing is that you reuse the same words multiple times in a single sentence. Watch out for that in the future.

Well this chapter was certainly action packed! You've left us with some evil cliffhangers too. For an extra dose of evilness, I'd suggest saving the bit where that woman is killed for the next chapter, instead leaving the scene off with her attack going at Shamal's neck. Can't wait to see how our heros will make it out of this one

Nice Einhart cameo at the end there too
Old 2010-06-12, 16:40   Link #25393
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:

Not sure about two of those series, but... Try Ranma 1/2... THAT series has been crossed over with damn near EVERYTHING else out there.

Old 2010-06-12, 16:45   Link #25394
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

How about Sailor Moon? I vividly remember a large variety of Sailor Moon crossovers with pretty much everything under the sun (even Star Wars of all things).

Might be too easy with Nanoha though...
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 16:46   Link #25395
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Cute, though I think you should do more work on the longer, more central core fics!
Hard to do since "Shadowfire" is specifically a drabble dump that doesn't deal in anything long, or central, or core. Unless that was a jab at me to update LDG.
Old 2010-06-12, 16:55   Link #25396
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Unless that was a jab at me to update LDG.
It was exactly that!
Old 2010-06-12, 16:55   Link #25397
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
It was exactly that!
I should have expected that.

Sorry. I've kind of had to take a step back and realize just how fucked up in the head Lutecia really is, so it's made me do some rewrites for the next chapter.
Old 2010-06-12, 16:56   Link #25398
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
How about Sailor Moon? I vividly remember a large variety of Sailor Moon crossovers with pretty much everything under the sun (even Star Wars of all things).

Might be too easy with Nanoha though...
Ranma/Sailor Moon crossovers are their own Genre.

Behold, the Fuku Fic!

Old 2010-06-12, 16:56   Link #25399
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Instead of working on Chapter 6 I spent an hour and a half writing the story where Lutecia and Celica first meet...

It's almost done, but I'm spent for today. Not looking forward to going to work, it's hot outside.
Old 2010-06-12, 17:50   Link #25400
AlexSilvara

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoEevee View Post
Really now? I've seen some of the Dr. Who and Warhammer 40k ones, but only a few Nanoha ones. Specific links, please?
I've seen a few Nanoha ones... some are more out there than others, and most are on the trope page for Nanoha fanfics. Though I wouldn't object to reading more - I love crossovers, in moderation - and I think the idea for a Kingdom Hearts cross is a good one, depending on the Bureau's hold over the setting. As far as I could think, there are a number of different approaches that could have various effects on either setting; my nightmare thinking on it a bit is Donald with a device. The universe is doomed. Though, on the flip side, Nanoha would be able to justify riding along for Sora's missions under the guise of protecting the fabric of space-time...? Seems reasonable enough, really.

Oh, and I need to read stories from about 30 pages of backlog. Mainly false light and the Lyrical Days pre-alpha. And I don't think I ever read Day in the Life or anything that came before it, might be high time to look those up.

...Back to lurking for the moment, I think.
AlexSilvara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha