AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 43 14.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 4.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 8.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 42 14.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 26 9.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 4.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 19 6.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 16 5.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 8 2.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 85 29.41%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-04, 09:06   Link #341
Jintor

KyoAni is training us for time loop experiences.

Everybody whining so far has FAILED!
Old 2009-07-04, 10:29   Link #342
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post

"Training"? We're not dogs dude.
Old 2009-07-04, 10:32   Link #343
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
"Training"? We're not dogs dude.
When I think training, I don't think dogs. I think soldiers, atheletes, sportsmen and everything human.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-07-04, 10:57   Link #344
LumpOfCole
I work with computers.

Send a message via AIM to LumpOfCole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravy View Post
Agreed. This was a complete waste. They didn't need to recycle it again to let us know how the characters felt about their situation. I just ended up fast forwarding through the whole episode like I did for 3/4 of the last episode. IMO this scenario was done better in ST:TNG's Cause and Effect.
If Haruhi was aboard the Enterprise, there would've been no time loop because between exploding the shuttle bay and using a tractor beam, Haruhi would choose exploding the shuttle bay no questions asked.
Old 2009-07-04, 10:58   Link #345
Peanutbutter

Maybe in the next episode, another studio will attempt to tell their story of Endless Eight.

Perhaps all major Japan animation studios will do an iteration of Endless Eight, and Haruhi will truly be a Japan-wide collaboration.

Look forward to Gonzo, Sunrise, J.C Staff doing their iterations of Endless Eight!

Yes, I'm getting crazy here. Ignore me.
Old 2009-07-04, 11:08   Link #346
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

I'm pretty sure this is my first post in this thread, but why do I have the feeling that it isn't?

Quote:

ZOMG! They're training us for the coming time loop in 2012!!!!111

I think the DVD should just show the Endless Eight episodes all at once via split-screen.
Old 2009-07-04, 11:10   Link #347
LumpOfCole
I work with computers.

Send a message via AIM to LumpOfCole
I don't think there was a homework reference in this episode, by the way. That part I did find odd.

(Where Haruhi mentions it I mean)
Old 2009-07-04, 11:32   Link #348
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Maybe in the next episode, another studio will attempt to tell their story of Endless Eight.

Perhaps all major Japan animation studios will do an iteration of Endless Eight, and Haruhi will truly be a Japan-wide collaboration.

Look forward to Gonzo, Sunrise, J.C Staff doing their iterations of Endless Eight!

That actually sounds like an awesome uber idea! I won't mind Haruhi creating a Gundam
Old 2009-07-04, 11:48   Link #349
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Alright, now they're just trolling. I really hoped Kyon would do something to change it at the end, but it looks like they're going to do 8 looping episodes of Endless Eight or something. Who knows. The animation is beautiful as always, but seeing the same episode over again gets annoying. I'm sick of Kyon's apathetic approach by now after repeating this over and over. You'd think he'd finally get fed up and do something about it. What a lazyass.
Old 2009-07-04, 11:51   Link #350
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Well, if they are actually planning to do more episodes of this, then I think they should do it all the way. Make a serious reference to Groundhog day and show Kyon doing all sorts of crazy things to attempt escaping the time loop.
Old 2009-07-04, 12:10   Link #351
OkamiNoKaze

I think we just need to change our mindset for the next episode for those that stick around for this ride, go into it knowing full well the high probablity of it repeating again, that way it'll be awesome if they actually solve it
Old 2009-07-04, 12:36   Link #352
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:

When some time loop experience occur, i'll leave for "me" to do something, i don't want to take part on it.
Old 2009-07-04, 12:53   Link #353
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
When I think training, I don't think dogs. I think soldiers, atheletes, sportsmen and everything human.
... and how are they different from dogs?

Because I also feel that KyoAni/Kadokawa have no respect for the audience and try to push whatever is cheaper to produce (or in Haruhi's case not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Well, if they are actually planning to do more episodes of this, then I think they should do it all the way. Make a serious reference to Groundhog day and show Kyon doing all sorts of crazy things to attempt escaping the time loop.
... and that would be the point when the unthinkable will become certainty and the fans of the novels will drop the show!
Old 2009-07-04, 12:53   Link #354
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Wow, the ep is all fun. I really like how Kyon's sister keeps remind him "Kyon-kun, Denwa" even when he was holding the phone for the entire time. I envy with him that he has such cute sister
Haruhi herself was cute in her two pieces swimsuit, and the SOS brigade in yukata were epic win. Haha i love Kyon's face expression when he knows Haruhi finished all of the homeworks in only 3 days.
What's an unexpectable turn of the event, so the SOS Brigade has trapped in the time loop for more than 15000 times. Wow, and Yuki has to spend the last 600 years repeating things over and over again. It must be real suck isn't it. Lucky that i haven't checked the novels otherwise it probably will spoil me that.At the end, I was hoping Kyon can stop Haruhi or something, but i guess we have to wait until next Ep

10/10 as usual

PS: The ep really got into me, as I kept having dejavu feeling that i sat here alone and watched this EP before..... Probably thank to the animation and directoring KyoAni offered, i guess
Old 2009-07-04, 13:40   Link #355
superzombie23

Wow, this episode was a pathetic pathetic filler version of ep. 3. Characters are drawn worse XD Shouldn't have even bothered watching.
Old 2009-07-04, 14:27   Link #356
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Ok, after 17 pages reading and calmed myself down a bit, now is for some serious comments of the Ep......
This EP clearly diverge the fan opinions, and i can see ppl frustrating, and as heck i also did (when i wrote up the previous post). The insanity surely crept into me by the time i finished, and there are moments when i start to wonder "have Ep 14 is the 3rd or the 4th repetition?"

But after rest my head a bit, i start to appreciate the effort/ trolling/ risk KyoAni did. For those who skipped and get straight to the ending to see if there is one, you will never experience what i have.
Spent 20 minutes try to enjoy and spot the difference of old screens, were so sure that it will wrap things up and it finally gonna be over. Saw Kyon jumped off his chair to reach Haruhi, laughed at the fact KyoAni makes it so dramatic because we all knew he will get her anyway... But wait, "why it take so long". One second...... 2...... 3..... oh shit don't tell me.....*****.....he failed". Looked at the time, "there're still be 2 minutes, they can skip the ED, no they only needs 20 secs to telll us it ended and explain in later arc (maybe Kyon did something off- screen)". But no, it's the ED, epic failed , "what's the heck going on here".........
It's like watching a soccer match and you wishes your favourite teams gonna score one every minute for the final 3 mins to win. Then desperate seeing time ticked to last seconds.... But realised all of those are intentions and laugh at how they really was success playing with your line of thought

Whether this will works for all of Haruhi's community, i don't know, so let the DVD sale answer. But this remind me the same taste of EP 00, and of the freaky aired order of S1; and somehow make S2 of Haruhi becomes a little more unique, more memorable, the things that i will want it to be. 12 hours agos, i started to have doubts as how Suzumiya Haruhi may becomes a little bit duller as Umineko gonna surprise the audience with its "suspended cliff-hangers" genre. Now Haruhi take the lead again

PS: even I rewatched S1 a lots of time, and i appreciate what EP 00 bring to the series as a whole. It still really was hard to get through Ep 00 every time . History gonna repeat, i think
Old 2009-07-04, 14:39   Link #357
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003

Studio DEEN already have their version up and running again.
Old 2009-07-04, 14:42   Link #358
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , episode 4 was kinda "cheap" . Economic crisis's effect ?

Kyoani is training us ? wtf are you talking about ... an anime who trains us ... training like athletes , sportmen , soldiers ? loool .... it was funny though
Old 2009-07-04, 14:44   Link #359
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well...consider that the only two new storyline so far have dealt with some form of time travel...yeah I'd call it training....or a pattern.
Old 2009-07-04, 15:26   Link #360
Ekul
Transdimensional phoenix

You know, while this episode made me a little unhappy with the extra episode, I must admit that from a DVD standpoint it works better in that they see them at the same time rather than having to wait another entire week. I would like this far better if I had seen them back to back.
Closed Thread