AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-03-26, 10:22   Link #6401
GDB

Spoiler for 266:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 10:25   Link #6402
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

GDB, that depends who draws them. Hata doesn't draw all the pages. He has assistants. Or even if he does draw them all, or most, you'll notice that over all the chapters where some girls are bathing, or whatever, that their sizes change all the time. Does it matter that much? Sometimes you just can't keep it the same size.

Besides, she's probably wearing a bra with her casual clothes.
Old 2010-03-26, 10:29   Link #6403
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I mean, discussing it is really pointless to begin with. Athena has developed her cult of fans who are worshipping her like a goddess, and who will stop at nothing to interpret her every deed in the most positive light. Just like she's the best cook, the greatest dancer, and her knitting is way above everyone else's. Why? Well, she's a goddess, ain't she?

Just like it's the prerogative of people like me to point out that this uber goddess was essentially merely a damsel in distress who needed the help of most of the HnG cast to be saved from her (according to her own words) self-inflicted predicament.
You are your usual self again, I see. Nice to have you back.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 10:30   Link #6404
GDB

There's a difference between going from like, a 36 to a 40, and going from a DD to a B. Pretty sure you'd need some sort of breast garter for that, not a bra.
Old 2010-03-26, 10:32   Link #6405
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I mean, discussing it is really pointless to begin with. Athena has developed her cult of fans who are worshipping her like a goddess, and who will stop at nothing to interpret her every deed in the most positive light. Just like she's the best cook, the greatest dancer, and her knitting is way above everyone else's. Why? Well, she's a goddess, ain't she?

Just like it's the prerogative of people like me to point out that this uber goddess was essentially merely a damsel in distress who needed the help of most of the HnG cast to be saved from her (according to her own words) self-inflicted predicament.

Truth is in the eye of the beholder. In the meantime I'm looking forward to chapters featuring Athena in less than 50% of the panels, with a single Hayate dealing with the rest of the cast ... will be a refreshing change of pace for me.
Fans love to protect the characters they love after all. I mean, Athena fans who try to explain their points of view behind Athena's actions to those who see it differently are in no way different from how you defend Hinagiku's actions and words as well when someone sees it different from you, right? You said many pages back something about how you dont like it when someone says something about Hinagiku that looks wrong (not exact wording), its the same for us as well.I could say more but....bleh I g2g to class soon
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 10:33   Link #6406
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

It's a manga, man. Happens all the time. Their heads change sizes as well... ^___^
Old 2010-03-26, 10:40   Link #6407
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
It's a manga, man. Happens all the time. Their heads change sizes as well... ^___^
and if its CLAMP, their arms and legs as well
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 10:52   Link #6408
zibi88

I hope that what Athena said to Nagi is more like: use the time to get some fun with Hayate.... since when I return to Japan I will not give it up like this anymore ^^

so Athena gives Nagi some time for her to develop some more memories with hayate... since next time Athena wont back off.. and will go for the attack ^^

maybe the ring box is like a sign.... like nagi has the box (hayate)... but athena has the ring (love/bond).... but the ring was with the box at the beggining... so Athena will some time in future come back to regain the box (hayate) ^^

I hope she wont disappear like that for good...but later she will return to Japan (I guess at the ring panel athena mentioned Japan....), I would be happy if she build a house near nagis.... simply becomed a normal character.... since athena now wears usuall cloths (bra+t-shirt+skirt)..... that t-shirt reminds me of one that Hina was wearing ^^....... so maybe athenas cloths points that she will become a normal girl and one to stick at the screen

anywya there are 2stones that we know about...... Aika and Wataru.... heh maybe 1will be used to make hayate go into RG... and inprison him there... so they will use 2nd stone to save hayate on 1point in the story (prefer hina for this mission..... since she is the female version of the hero of justice ^^)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 11:15   Link #6409
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Great xD
The spoiler is out and the cannon are preparing,
Gotta see chapter 267 to whether fire the cannon or not xD
Old 2010-03-26, 11:29   Link #6410
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Fans love to protect the characters they love after all. I mean, Athena fans who try to explain their points of view behind Athena's actions to those who see it differently are in no way different from how you defend Hinagiku's actions and words as well when someone sees it different from you, right?
Perfectly right, I don't pretend to be any different here

Let's take it all with a wink and a smile.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 11:36   Link #6411
zero7

is A-tan planning still planning something and not given up on hayate because she give nagi her ring box but A-tan is wearing the ring
zero7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 11:41   Link #6412
Eleutheria
旅行癖

In 266, the best lines were:

"I'll give that [i.e. Hayate] back this time, but next time, I don't know... *wink*"

and

Snake guy: "I like Japan's MOS BURGER better than Greece's McDonalds"
"...if that's so, it's not like we can't go back to Japan"
*ring sparkle*

Damn. Athena is so much pwn

EDIT:
Also loved Izumi's sand sculpture. DESTROY! What was Sakuya wearing? Otaku baiting swimsuit?
Old 2010-03-26, 11:42   Link #6413
blade82

it maybe a memento from Hayate for her or a hint that she could possibly return 2 or 3 years later to hayate until he payback all his debt for the continuation of their relationship (juste like the end of ichigo 100%)
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 13:02   Link #6414
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Finally read ch266, and man, Athena is going back to Japan~. There is still hope for Hayate x Athena!!

from the manga
アテナ:だったら日本に帰らなくてはね
which translates to: Then we have to go to Japan, don't we?
Old 2010-03-26, 13:16   Link #6415
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
And so the Harem begins again *sigh*
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 13:50   Link #6416
babohtea

WTF. WTF. WTF.

WHY IS SHE GOING BACK. She's my favorite character.. but..
Seriously. Please no Harem Hata. I don't care which girl it is as long as it ends eventually -_-

Well it seems like Athena's back in the running, hm?
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 13:55   Link #6417
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Looking at the spoilers, it's funny how no one mentioned how similar Athena and Nagi are in appearance, but Hayate was to Ikusa and Yukariko...They could claim that they're sisters and no one will doubt it. Lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
but... what was the point of all of that crap then, Hata? GRRBASMLD;FGKJK;KJK;AJ
Lol, I wonder.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 14:04   Link #6418
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Looking at the spoilers, it's funny how no one mentioned how similar Athena and Nagi are in appearance, but Hayate was to Ikusa and Yukariko...They could claim that they're sisters and no one will doubt it.
and in one chapter we saw Nagi's father who looks like Hayate
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 14:15   Link #6419
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Looking at the spoilers, it's funny how no one mentioned how similar Athena and Nagi are in appearance, but Hayate was to Ikusa and Yukariko...They could claim that they're sisters and no one will doubt it. Lo

Lol, I wonder.
Because it's been established since a long time ago that Nagi's character design was derived from Athena's. There'd be no reason to point it out now since we've known for a long time.
Old 2010-03-26, 14:19   Link #6420
babohtea

Hata trolled everyone.

D:

Yeah, I wonder if we'll see Hayate's parents again. I hope so, because just leaving them as "a bad couple who dissappeared" kind of doesn't match the more deep(?arguable?) and serious tone HnG has been having recently.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen