Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-08, 09:59   Link #181
kyoulover
He who despise the world

Send a message via Yahoo to kyoulover
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Only one?
Wasn't it like Ali destoying Throne Eins and Exia destroying Throne Zwei? Or did Ali survive again?
(still no episode for me...)
Ali succesfully escaped from death now.

So in the next episode, again ali will fight but lockon will become his opponent

hope nothing bad happen to lockon.

by the way, i also can't wait for the improvement of relationship between lockon and felt
kyoulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 10:01   Link #182
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Please don't bring real-world physics into Gundam Haro will kill a kitten if you do

Ignoring my own advice, I'd counter that a photon is massless while GN particles' mass is probably greater than zero.
In real life "beams" are made by photons, so GN beams (made by GN particles) must be related to photons somehow. Perhaps they're manipulated to acquire some special properties or whatever so beams move at the speed of light.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 10:02   Link #183
Eleutheria
旅行癖

I fail to see how your logic works. So an I-beam must be related to photons, by your reasoning.
Old 2008-03-08, 10:04   Link #184
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoulover View Post

i also can't wait for the improvement of relationship between lockon and felt
Yea... She's starting to realise how kind Lockon can be... even to the extent of forgiving the very person he nearly died protecting. Lockon is just..... easy-going.
Old 2008-03-08, 10:04   Link #185
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
I fail to see how your logic works. So an I-beam must be related to photons, by your reasoning.
Ok you like trolling.
*PLONK*
Old 2008-03-08, 10:05   Link #186
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Is the Trinity stupid or something? When Ali gunned Michael down, Johan told Neena to ESCAPE? Were you out of your mind? Neena was in a friggin' Gundam for God's sake. Ask her to vaporize him or something!!!
Old 2008-03-08, 10:06   Link #187
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Ali bailed out with the Zwei.... But not before Exia pizza-sliced it's left skirt armor. So we lost two Meisters and one Gundam in this episode.
Losing one of the gundams from the thrones is not big deal! I would worry if Ali stole one of the Gundam with the Real GN drives. The thrones were using GN-X drives.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 10:06   Link #188
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Ok you like trolling.
*PLONK*
Please. You are playing around with words by saying that so long as something is called a beam, it must have to do with photons.

I am saying that since GN particles cause cellular damage, the chances are high that it is a radiation-causing particle, viz, an elemental particle with high atomic number.

See the difference? Shall we get back on topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Is the Trinity stupid or something? When Ali gunned Michael down, Johan told Neena to ESCAPE? Were you out of your mind? Neena was in a friggin' Gundam for God's sake. Ask her to vaporize him or something!!!
LOL. So true. I was wondering why he didn't go "STEP ON THE FUXKER!"
Old 2008-03-08, 10:07   Link #189
ipernorris

Quote:
Yeah with the risk for Johan of being vaporized too...
Not to mention there could have been reinforcements around.
Old 2008-03-08, 10:08   Link #190
Ichimaru

Now exia gets a upgrade,

would that make graham and his new custom flag GN upgrade obsolete? even without going on the battlefield if he was to meet exia?
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 10:09   Link #191
kari-no-sugata

The empire strikes back!

Unless I missed something, nobody commented on Tieria crying at start. I guess the focus was on other things eh

Bit disappointed Ali didn't kick the bucket here. Given that Exia's beam sabers power down at the end, and some comments here, it looks like Exia's power up was rather brief - couldn't be sustained for long periods.

I enjoyed the action and tension etc, but was slightly disappointed at some things - like Sergei letting Trinity get away again... and Ali "the cockroach" getting away again. At least Johann went in a nice way - I guess when GN Drives (even fake ones) go boom, all the stored GN particles spill out too. In comparison, Michael was kinda dead before he knew it Given that Johann said they (the Trinity siblings) were born (made?) to be Gundam Meisters, they didn't get trained that well.

Incidentally, Ali knew about GN Particles in this ep - it also seems to me that he deliberately selected the unit he wanted, rather than picking one at random. Maybe he was able to get access to a simulator - if Laguna was directing the Trinity, then maybe he raised and trained them too? If Ali got enough access to Veda to be able to get past the biometric security, then he must have gotten good access in general. Looks like in the next ep Ali heads to space - I imagine he must be going back to the Trinity's mothership (all the Trinity units needed to get back and couldn't go full power in the first place).

I certainly like the idea of Aeolia putting himself in cryogenic sleep and hoping he'll be able to wake up in a few hundred years - kinda thing I would do. Before he enabled Trans-Am, he said he was disappointed that someone came here (to where Veda is) with evil intentions and had hoped the world would have changed more.

Still, the downside is that the power-up rather "resets" things - the gap between CB and the world is as big as it ever was. I had hoped for more focus on pilot skill development. At least it makes it clear there's a much bigger difference between true GN Drives and the "fake" ones. Does this also mean that the GN Drive from the 0 Gundam got powered up too? In which case it suddenly became far more valuable.

Going to be interesting seeing what happens next. With Setsuna by himself (sort of) down on Earth, he could head back to his flat in Japan, where next door Saji is slipping into the dark side. I could imagine Setsuna taking Nena with him... then Nena finds out how what she did affected others and with her own loses comes to regret what she did. And then Saji finds out about them being with CB and tries to kill them - I can easily see Nena taking a bullet for Setsuna in such a situation. (Hope it's not so predictable... but would at least tie some threads together).
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 10:11   Link #192
JediNight
キズランダム

"We're sending in someone to negotiate!"

*BLAM*

"Anyone else want to negotiate?"

=DD

PS: This thread is harder to keep up with than /a/....
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 10:11   Link #193
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
Now exia gets a upgrade,

would that make graham and his new custom flag GN upgrade obsolete? even without going on the battlefield if he was to meet exia?
Well, in his crappy flag he still managed to own Throne Eins. So possibly skill will still carry the day, especially as he seems to be the best non-enhanced pilot in the series.

Fear the berserker. Graham seems singularly unafraid of death... that time when he owned Lockon he was literally grappling in the dirt too.
Old 2008-03-08, 10:13   Link #194
golthin

Quote:
yes, they are stupid! They let the guy land his mech and gave him the chance to shoot one of the siblings! If it had been me I would have run to my gundam and talk from there. Face to face talk is stupid.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 10:13   Link #195
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Losing one of the gundams from the thrones is not big deal! I would worry if Ali stole one of the Gundam with the Real GN drives. The thrones were using GN-X drives.
So in other words... Ali stole a "GN-X". What a fool...

But still... If he can pwn Exia with an Enact... I can't imagine what he can do to another Real-GN-Drive Gundam ,without it's Trans-Am on, with the Zwei.... Yes, I'm talking about episode 23 where he'll be facing Dynames. From the preview, Dynames doesn't have it's Trans-Am on. (If it has one, that is)
Old 2008-03-08, 10:14   Link #196
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru
Now exia gets a upgrade,

I really hope the GN Flag will have some changes in appearance instead of just one GN Drive to its back

And something as powerful as Trans-Am always has its time limit
Old 2008-03-08, 10:17   Link #197
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
like Sergei letting Trinity get away again...
Like Sergei said, he was basically having the Throne Gundams get drained of energy, especially that now, the Thrones have nowhere else to charge themselves.

Quote:
and Ali "the cockroach" getting away again
Ali's survived plenty of battlefields. It's second nature for him to survive.

But seriously, he was kicking Setsuna to smithereens before lolhax appeared.

Quote:
I had hoped for more focus on pilot skill development.
The meisters simply do not have enough time to suddenly become as good as their UN Ace counterparts in terms of piloting.

And by the time they do get better, the UN Aces would've gotten far more accustomed to their GN-X.

Victory by tech hax (like they always have) is more realistic than the meisters suddenly becoming god-level pilots.
Old 2008-03-08, 10:17   Link #198
KaiZX
Dogbert Financial Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I reckon, the glass was broken (or scratched), but we never saw a bullet hitting his head. But it was a golden gun ^^ and Corner fired 6(?) bullets into the glass, i would say he is pretty much dead, unless it was just a puppet.

Oh Saji, don't let anger take over you ^^
What WAS Saji mumbling (sorry, didn't catch the Japanese...)?

In any case, I would expect Saji to break out of his emo stage at some point, most likely with the help of Louise (I actually kinda miss her presence already). I also see him trying to kill Setsuna, and there'll probably be a time when he'll have to go through a stage of hating CB. But I don't see him signing up as a soldier just so he can kill; I think it's far more likely that he finds out about his sister's work, and tried to continue on it.
KaiZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 10:19   Link #199
JediNight
キズランダム

GN arms just looks like another example of the Meteor system or whatever that Freedom/Justice use in SEED.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 10:21   Link #200
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiZX View Post
In any case, I would expect Saji to break out of his emo stage at some point, most likely with the help of Louise (I actually kinda miss her presence already). I also see him trying to kill Setsuna, and there'll probably be a time when he'll have to go through a stage of hating CB.
Good point... Only drawback is... Saji has no idea that his neighbor is the very person flying the blue giant all around his TV screen....