AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2011-01-12, 08:39   Link #15701
su5so

Here's another picture for you!
Spoiler:
su5so is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 12:54   Link #15702
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by su5so View Post
Here's another picture for you!
Spoiler:
That pic you posted and the one Dauf Pic posted above by deadguykai where made by you correct? Your accounts name is the same as the devaintart account that uploaded it. I see you replied to my question of color choice on deviantart, stating at the time you started the coloring you didn't know the cannon colors. Btw I didn't mind the color choice... was more curious of why you choose non cannon colors.

Anyways what program did you use to make it and how long did each one take? Feel free to talk about anything you learned while making them and any other panels you've been considering doing. Or anything else you feel like sharing...
Old 2011-01-12, 15:31   Link #15703
su5so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
That pic you posted and the one Dauf Pic posted above by deadguykai where made by you correct? Your accounts name is the same as the devaintart account that uploaded it. I see you replied to my question of color choice on deviantart, stating at the time you started the coloring you didn't know the cannon colors. Btw I didn't mind the color choice... was more curious of why you choose non cannon colors.

Anyways what program did you use to make it and how long did each one take? Feel free to talk about anything you learned while making them and any other panels you've been considering doing. Or anything else you feel like sharing...
The two images, I colored when it came out of claymore chapters 102/103 respectively.
The program that I used was Photoshop, version not know, because I had virus in the computer and had to delete all programs.
And about time, I do not remember exactly but the image of Dauf with Riful took me a lot, I had to get the best color (I tried to deliberately choose a realistic color Dauf) and learn a little about the shadows.
The other did not take long, (although there are more details), because I knew Pothosop handle slightly and it made me easier.

And now, I found this forum, and deviantart page, and I decided to share them with you.
New panels, the moment I'm quite busy and I have postponed for later.

I will conclude with a question, ¿what program you use to color panels?
su5so is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 17:26   Link #15704
Domvina

This isn't really Fan Art but I couldn't figure out where else it may fit. After watching the Claymore anime I was so impressed / inspired by the series I created a character, Jessica of the Dark Blade, in Champions Online:

http://champions-online.com/characte...4913/biography

I've not read the manga but have pieced together a general idea of where the story has gone so instead of trying to insert her in the current timeline she exists at a point of my own flight of fancy after the events of the manga series.

In my imagined Claymore future the Organization is toppled but the remaining Claymores realize that despite it's darker goals the populace had come to rely on and trust the Organization in both battling Yoma and insuring the Claymores remained in check. So the higher ranked Claymores create the Second Organization, secretly under the control of the Claymores, to hunt down the remaining Yoma and Awakened Beings. A final decisive battle goes awry resulting in a massacre of both the Claymores and the Awakened Beings and their Yoma armies.

Jessica survives and vows to hunt down the last remaining Awakened Being, "Clare" (no, not that Clare), and her small Yoma force.
Domvina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 17:52   Link #15705
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by su5so View Post
The two images, I colored when it came out of claymore chapters 102/103 respectively.
The program that I used was Photoshop, version not know, because I had virus in the computer and had to delete all programs.
And about time, I do not remember exactly but the image of Dauf with Riful took me a lot, I had to get the best color (I tried to deliberately choose a realistic color Dauf) and learn a little about the shadows.
The other did not take long, (although there are more details), because I knew Pothosop handle slightly and it made me easier.

And now, I found this forum, and deviantart page, and I decided to share them with you.
New panels, the moment I'm quite busy and I have postponed for later.

I will conclude with a question, ¿what program you use to color panels?
Ah, I see. Well... just encase you didn't know, it's very help full to play around with the color options under Enhance > Adjust Color > ________ (several options to choose from, playing around with them is the best way to figure them out). It will give you greater control over the coloring even after you've applied color to the image.

I used Photoshop Elements 8 and Corel Painter 4. For the Dauf Pic I linked you I used Corel Painter 4 for most of the rest I used Photoshop. I have small versions of colorings I've done in my Gallery (located on my page here http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?albumid=2906 and includes comments of how I made them and how long I spent on each image for the most part)

Most are just basic speed paintings (like 10-20 minutes) but 3 of them I spent some time on... The Miria pic is the most recent of those and I don't view it a finished yet either... been hoping to find some time to finish it. Sadly though it's been about 6 months since I did that coloring due to no free time...
Old 2011-01-14, 05:15   Link #15706
Gooral
Banned

Spoiler for covers vol. 1-22:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Gooral; 2012-06-06 at 01:43. Reason: updated and added vol. 12th undercover +colored covers
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 07:50   Link #15707
DeadGuyKai
Last of the Brunnen G

Is that 4th pic supposed to be Bloody Agatha?
Do the dead, yeah, do the dead
Do the dead, surfin' dead
DeadGuyKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 07:56   Link #15708
Gooral
Banned

You might be right. She also resembles Yuma.
Old 2011-01-14, 13:35   Link #15709
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Spoiler for Nude Miria from volume 19th::

That is all.
Old 2011-01-14, 13:41   Link #15710
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Spoiler for Nude Miria from volume 19th::
Which one? You mean that girl on the ground with the black boots? Odds are, that's not any one character in the story; Yagi has always snuck in characters in the volume covers that we've never seen before.

Never saw that Priscilla picture in the far right; don't like how they did her lips, makes her look kind of manly

High-resolution Miria, we were waiting for that one
Old 2011-01-14, 13:59   Link #15711
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post

That is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Which one? You mean that girl on the ground with the black boots? Odds are, that's not any one character in the story; Yagi has always snuck in characters in the volume covers that we've never seen before.
Never saw that Priscilla picture in the far right; don't like how they did her lips, makes her look kind of manly

High-resolution Miria, we were waiting for that one
So we all agree. Miria is hot & Priscilla looks like a man

Though IMHO the lips look too womanly for Priscilla's youth but her muscles/shoulders look very male.

EDIT:
Spoiler for Priscilla pic QUICK redo (losing the shoulders and keeping the lips):

As to the random character I think her hair style looks more like Flora's than anyone... though I see the Yuma and Agatha points of view too. Though I typically see these random characters as early character designs for other characters before they get blonde hair and silver eyes... you know Yagi just testing out the character as none Claymores to see if they still got the feel he's looking for.

Oh and could someone give Gooral a cookie for finding these pics... I can't at the moment

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-01-14 at 14:24.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 14:29   Link #15712
Gooral
Banned

BTW, were the pictures below released? I don't remember the second one:

Spoiler for nudity from volume 18th:
Old 2011-01-14, 14:35   Link #15713
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:

I don't either another good find.

BTW on the 3rd pic does Priscilla's lower foot have 6 toes?
Old 2011-01-14, 14:36   Link #15714
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
(...)
Maybe she over-regenerated .
Old 2011-01-14, 14:36   Link #15715
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

As a whole, her body is far too muscular as you say Ryus; her face should look sharper and more mature, yes, but her body should remain the way it was before. Honestly, she reminds me of Isley for some reason like that 0_0.

And I just realized.....her lips are just like Angelina Jolie's *gag

Quote:

All of them were posted before, except the one on the far right; I don't remember that one (Priscilla's legs, I'm presuming).

I remember laughing with Ryus how messed up Riful and Dauf look in that colored picture, especially the height and sizes.

Quote:
Roflmao, Yagi just had some trouble drawing that little curve from the smallest toe to the side of the foot...I can see why it looks like an extra toe
Old 2011-01-14, 14:51   Link #15716
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
All of them were posted before, except the one on the far right; I don't remember that one (Priscilla's legs, I'm presuming).

I remember laughing with Ryus how messed up Riful and Dauf look in that colored picture, especially the height and sizes.
Funny i recall all of the volume 18 stuff except the one chick next to the Alicia/Beth pic

This calls for a repost of the colored Alicia/Beth pic done by Fantasy on TSS (now DaedGuyKai can't say "less talk more pics", watch him say it anyways )
Spoiler for the colored Alicia/Beth pic:

I fully recall the debate about the volume 18 cover even... but for some reason am drawing a blank on that one drawing... Oh well...

I agree why it looks that way about the toe... but IMHO that should have been fixed and spotted in the cleaning process... So I'm kinda in shock about it not being fixed before release
Old 2011-01-14, 15:31   Link #15717
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
It looks like she also has only 4 toes on her other foot. Make of that what you will.
Dj0rel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 15:46   Link #15718
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
It looks like she also has only 4 toes on her other foot. Make of that what you will.
It's 5, the 5th is just a little behind the others. And I guess there are 5 on the other one too - the 6th one looks like a tendon to me
Old 2011-01-15, 16:43   Link #15719
warrior

3D CLAYMORE

warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 22:20   Link #15720
DeadGuyKai
Last of the Brunnen G

Do the dead, yeah, do the dead
Do the dead, surfin' dead
DeadGuyKai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images