AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kashimashi Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 8 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 34.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-05, 12:16   Link #21
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm interpreting the Ayuki sequence as: the one time she steps up to the stage, she really goes and puts her foot really deep in her mouth ---- aka "I misjudged you." as an apology. She just got torqued when she saw how torn up Tomari was and jumped in without finding out about Yuri or *why* Hazumu was conflicted.

The alien explanation just really felt like bullshit compared with what they've been saying and doing the entire series (ignoring the manga reasons seen so far) ... I'd have really preferred they just keep to the background for comedy relief and let Asuta play more .. buts thats just my wishful opinion. I just think the Asuta thread is more interesting.

The animation was a bit less evident .... but fairly discreet since more of the characters were just standing and explaining than "doing".
Old 2006-04-05, 17:56   Link #22
Jaden

Oh yes Ayuki appearing like that again XD
She's one of the weak points of this anime...The deus ex machina, the narrator, the stater of the obvious....such an unnecessary thing.
Old 2006-04-05, 19:12   Link #23
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

^^ As I said back in Episode 4 Discussion...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Ayuki is everywhere... Take the blue pill Tomari~ o_o
XD

Ayuki shows her future evil overlord side?

No! You crush them underfoot! Bwahahaha, soon all will cower before my might! I shall let no one stand in my way!!!
Spoiler for Blue glow = teh evilness:

And at last! The alien's TRUE MOTIVES ARE REVEALED!
Spoiler for True Motives!!!ONE!:

Suddenly, it all makes sense! o.o

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2006-04-05 at 21:24.
Old 2006-04-05, 19:55   Link #24
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Hilarious, KaneDragon!
Old 2006-04-06, 14:23   Link #25
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
This one really took me by surpise especially the bitch slapping that went on. I just really hope that Tomari is throwing in the towel, i like Yasuna and Tomari better than i like Hasamu shes just hurting everyone the way she is now. I just really feel for Yasuna because of illness. What the hell is up with Ayuki going all postal she is really a drag for the show she has no purpose other to show up when tomari is upset
Old 2006-04-06, 15:03   Link #26
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ayuki committed her own cardinal sin of stepping onto the stage ... and at least from my take on it --- after flaming Hazumu without finding out the whole story, went down in flames: "I misjudged you." Yeah, Hazumu is wanting to keep both of them, but both Yasuna and Tomari seem too quick to think the other is breaking the pact... so goes insecurity. The other way out of this is for them to become so attached to each other that anything but a threesome is unthinkable. Monogamous relationships are by no means the only solution - just one that evolved from the patriarchal "one guy-several women" polygamy system. Some modern day (and many ancient tribes) raised children as a group --- who the genetic father was - was irrelevant (the tribe was the gene pool).

I think the three complement each other, whereas each twosome combo seems to be missing some elements.
Old 2006-04-06, 15:17   Link #27
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Oh my goodness this episode was so good. I actually cried for Yasuna! It's so terrible that they'd do that to her. Hazumu needs to get on a white stallion and come to Yasuna's rescue!
Perfect 10 despite the silly alien's being here to study Yasuna BS. Now the question is will Hazumu be able to save Yasuna or is he too late? Have both the flowers already wilted? A triangle would have be nice, but to tell the truth I'll be dissapointed if that's the way they go. It's the easy way out, Hazumu has to decide what she really wants and stick to it.

Side notes:
Kane dragon AWESOME!

I'm still having issues with Xabins mkv files. Lots of blockiness during movement on screen. VLC seems to have a tough time running at 32 fps at times and MplayerOSX flat out refuses to open the file.
Old 2006-04-06, 15:37   Link #28
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Was Ayuki misjudging then taking it back? I don't think so. After that whole metaphor talk, it seemed like she had her own take down, and the "I misjudged you" was just another diss against Hazumu, that she had thought things would be find and decided not to interfere, but misjudged Hazumu's indecision.

Ayuki has a point, but the plant metaphor is a bit much, or comes across in an odd way, as indicated by my last post. (=P)

And Tomari saying she's serious now. Pfft. How long has she known Hazumu, and she waits until Hazumu's a girl and Yasuna confesses to Hazumu? She urged Hazumu to confess and should have to deal with the results, no excuses, despite Yasuna's initial rejection. Hazumu shouldn't be dealt all the blame like this. And Yasuna and Tomari making deals/fighting behind Hazumu's back... Hazumu is a person, too; they should talk to her, too. Yasuna acting all mad at just Tomari for kissing---Hazumu was kissing back...

Tomari (with her hair down) > Yasuna anyway, though.

And I did think something along the lines of "Ha! Karma strikes again!" when Yasuna lost the rest of her sight. She rejected Hazumu because he was a guy and chased after him because he turned female, so she thought it was safe... Now she's right back where she started, and has to accept him despite the possibility (actuality, now) of losing sight of him/her. After her talk of "Why was I afraid?" after explaining why she had rejected him, now she puts her money where her mouth is.
Old 2006-04-06, 15:57   Link #29
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, thats another possible interp .... reviewing the scene it was cut a little short for me to decide which interp was right. After all, Ayuki *was* out of bounds --- all she knew was that Tomari was upset. She had no clue that Yasuna's condition had worsened and that Hazumu was caught between a rock and a pointed stick. Yet she ripped Hazumu up and killed a plant right after it was ascertained that both were doing well. I just think she stumbled badly with the point she was trying to make.

Frankly, the vision plot device is a bit annoying to me because it means Hazumu can't choose between Tomari and Yasuna properly if she must choose. She'll go with "who needs her more" rather than who Hazumu needs. And Tomari is screwed because if she asserts and wins --- she dooms Yasuna to a world without human connection. Basically, Tomari is put into a "no-win" because Hazumu and Tomari will always know they were involved with that.

Obviously this is all just our opinions and not necessarily rational -- but I just don't feel like they're complete without both Tomari and Yasuna (kind of like the Fut Alt characters with their declaration).
Old 2006-04-06, 18:02   Link #30
Xabin
Careless

Send a message via MSN to Xabin
Ayuki told Hazumu in very straight terms what she needed to do. She was hoping Hazumu would "come to her senses", but Hazumu started whining instead. So Ayuki gets disappointed, as she misjudged what kind of person Hazumu is.
Old 2006-04-06, 18:36   Link #31
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I find it interesting that there's an assumption that what Ayuki says is automatically the correct and right thing to do. This is a girl who, by her own admission, has stayed off the stage. She's never *been* in the positions she's giving advice on.
Yeah... I'll go with the notion that now she thinks less of Hazumu ... but given she's being so judgemental without knowing about Yasuna's recent change for the worse, I can't say that scores many points. Given Yasuna's condition, Ayuki just basically forced Tomari off the track if Hazumu submits to her directive.
Old 2006-04-07, 04:21   Link #32
ranchan13

I've seen through episode 12, so I won't say ANYTHING regarding who is chosen except that my original thoughts from episode 1 were confirmed.

Now, this was a very moving episode, we discover the cause of Yasuna's condition, and we see it evolve further, we also learn Sora's intentions on Earth, and he explains everything to Hazumu. All in All, Ayumi seems the biggest plot-device in the series, moving everything at her pace.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2006-07-09, 00:06   Link #33
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
Tomari - on 2nd base, yeah!
Old 2008-07-29, 01:51   Link #34
Abashi

This episode was great. My favorites so far are: 6, 11.