AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-07, 17:35   Link #2981
calubin_175

Off topic, but I totally missed the sample display of the Soul of Chogokin Arcadia back in November, a potential GX-65. The base is in the same style as GX-64 so I am guessing it would have the same price, size of 42cm and gimmicks. This does put the Aoshima one(which I have two of) as junk as the SOC would have better sculpt, longer length and sound.

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/vi....php?tid=51230

Not sure whether they will accredit it as supervised by Leiji.

Though, the 33ish cm Aoshima one would have a higher diecast ratio, but the fat proportion does put it off. On the other hand, if one prefers detail, I would say the model kits would be superior, either Bandai or Hasegawa would always beat the completed toys in that department. If Hasegawa releases a snap fit 1/700 Arcadia I would be pleased.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 01:26   Link #2982
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Aside from price difference and machine it can be played on, is there any difference between the DVD and BD for Star Blazers 2199? The only difference I know of for Yamato 2199 is that the BD has English subtitles and is Region Free.
Old 2013-12-21, 23:02   Link #2983
GundamFan0083

Calendar fanart of Yamato 2199 by Lighthouse Mechanics artist zenseava.
Very cool extrapolations of the Earth Defense Fleet ships both of the Garmilas War with Earth and just after Yamato 2199.

Images
Large Image
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-12-22 at 02:41. Reason: Please use either thumbnails or the images tag for large images.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 03:11   Link #2984
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting take on the Earth fleet. We know there were eight Kongo-type Battleships. We know the ships were converted over time since they were buillt decades earlier.

The larger battleships would be interesting. Taking the idea of the big seven battleships built in the 1920s as the fleet battleships might work. A few large battleships per nation and the standard battleships in larger numbers would work. Also it might help stop the Gamilas early in the war, but lose those over time, and leave just the Kirishima by 2199.
Old 2013-12-22, 12:43   Link #2985
GundamFan0083

I was thinking the same thing. A sort of post world war one type of warship build up using existing hulls with a few new designs before Garmilas attacked. While they certainly may have slowed down the alien's attack on the Earth (perhaps at Mars?) they clearly would have been no match for the Gamilas fleet.

The new ship in the list fitted with a wave motion engine is a neat idea.
It would be interesting if instead of all the 2nd generation ships having wave motion guns, the new fleet used heavy positron cannons (shock cannons?) as maw guns (still deadly as the Yamato's main turrets proved) to honor Okita's agreement with Starsha.
That would also explain why such a fleet's main guns would not be able to penetrate the defense shield of the Gatlantis mobile planetoid.

Naturally the capitol ships like Andromeda or the Borodino class battleships would have the wave motion guns, but the smaller cruisers, frigates, and battlecruisers should not I would think. Just an idea I'm throwing out.
Old 2013-12-29, 15:23   Link #2986
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Gamilas carriers are coming.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10251448
Old 2014-01-18, 05:00   Link #2987
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Something happened.

The Yamato2199.net site updated its mecha, story, and Gamilas character pages.

http://yamato2199.net/mecha/index.html

http://yamato2199.net/story/story_23.html

http://yamato2199.net/chara_gamirasu.html

EDIT:
Also Bandai wil be coming out with a 1/1000 scale version of Dommel's flagship. In all its 73 cm glory.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Last edited by Ithekro; 2014-01-28 at 14:03.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 16:35   Link #2988
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Anyone have any idea what the 1/1000 scale ship of Dommel's ship will cost. Even if only an estimate.
Old 2014-01-29, 13:17   Link #2989
macdawson

Possibly around the same price as the 1/500 Yamato... I hope... XDDD
Old 2014-02-04, 14:13   Link #2990
Vito
Asshole.

http://www.yamato2199.net/index.html where's the hype for the movie in fall?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 17:27   Link #2991
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

As far as I know, that only popped up today.

Also Tokyo MX and BS 11 will be showing Yamato 2199 this year for the 40th anniversery of Space Battleship Yamato.
Old 2014-02-08, 17:25   Link #2992
Frontier

I wonder if it's a proper sequel, maybe setting up an anime adaption of the second Yamato arc, or, alternatively a side-story?

Whatever it may turn out to be, I'm definitely open to more Yamato .
Old 2014-02-08, 21:58   Link #2993
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I would like it to setup a second series. To some the hieght of the show was the Comet Empire arc. Also a lot of people want to see what they can do with the Andromeda and the Earth fleet.
Old 2014-02-09, 13:54   Link #2994
GundamFan0083

I agree. I'd like to see more of a transition from the first series to the next. Meaning that it would be nice if this new movie filled in the blanks about how and why the new fleet comes into existence as well as elaborate on how Zordar finds/learns about Earth.
Will it be from Dessler?
Will it be from freed prisoners from the Gamilas prison planet?
Or will it be from some other means.
With the introduction of the star gates, it makes for more interesting tactical possibilities (should the writers take this into consideration).
What I mean by that is that the Earth will now need to guard the star gates to watch for any new alien threat that comes through them if that plays a role in any future story.
If not, then we may just see a replay of the original, which considering how well they did with the changes in 2199, I'd like to see this team alter the 2nd series considerably.
Especially if they get rid of Teresa/Trelana.
It is one portion of Yamato that I for one would like to see extensively redone, meaning the constant Goddess theme.
I love this SF space opera series, but the whole Goddess theme got old, very fast.
Old 2014-02-09, 16:29   Link #2995
macdawson

Having Earth ships guard the Geschtam Gates in the Milky Way side might be impractical, since there don't seem to be any in our vicinity. As far as we've been shown, the closest one to us might be the one at the Beemela system. Not to mention it would require Gatlantian forces to go to Balun the old fashioned way and jury-rig the Gate much like Goer's fleet did. Also, they'll need the activation codes, though Desler, having been saved by them, might be more than happy to give them to Zuoder. But there, in Desler, lies the key. If, as we believe, he did survive the destruction of the Deusler II in Geschtam Space, he's traped there to begin with. Which might mean Gatlantis can access Geschtam Space on its own.
Old 2014-02-09, 21:17   Link #2996
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Be interesting to see them give a better reasoning for Earth to first spot a large white comet heading towards them outside the Galaxy, and notice that it is either moving faster than light, or that it is jumping closer. You don't normally have faster than light comets and think of them as no threat (unless you are really sure the wave motion guns will just vaporize it like it does with about everything else).

Then a reason for why Earth would be an objective of the Comet Empire in the first place as it enters the Milky Way.

The Warp Gate network seem to extend into the Milky Way on both Iscandarian and Gamilas maps of the network. How large of a force does Gamilas have in our galaxy? have they taken other planets and Earth was just one of many? Was it just an annoyance as it resisted for eight years?
Old 2014-02-10, 03:56   Link #2997
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
Having Earth ships guard the Geschtam Gates in the Milky Way side might be impractical, since there don't seem to be any in our vicinity. As far as we've been shown, the closest one to us might be the one at the Beemela system. Not to mention it would require Gatlantian forces to go to Balun the old fashioned way and jury-rig the Gate much like Goer's fleet did. Also, they'll need the activation codes, though Desler, having been saved by them, might be more than happy to give them to Zuoder. But there, in Desler, lies the key. If, as we believe, he did survive the destruction of the Deusler II in Geschtam Space, he's traped there to begin with. Which might mean Gatlantis can access Geschtam Space on its own.
I was thinking of Beemela (since I assume that's the closest gate).
Also, wouldn't the Earth be trying to execute a colonization effort with whatever population they could muster?
I mean, another war so soon after the Gamilas conflict seems like it would wipe out humanity if they didn't spread out into the galaxy a la Macross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Be interesting to see them give a better reasoning for Earth to first spot a large white comet heading towards them outside the Galaxy, and notice that it is either moving faster than light, or that it is jumping closer. You don't normally have faster than light comets and think of them as no threat (unless you are really sure the wave motion guns will just vaporize it like it does with about everything else).

Then a reason for why Earth would be an objective of the Comet Empire in the first place as it enters the Milky Way.

The Warp Gate network seem to extend into the Milky Way on both Iscandarian and Gamilas maps of the network. How large of a force does Gamilas have in our galaxy? have they taken other planets and Earth was just one of many? Was it just an annoyance as it resisted for eight years?
Agreed.
I'd like to see more with Gamilas.
Perhaps even as a new ally of Earth or, dare I suggest, a new Federation of Worlds?

It will be interesting to see what happens next.
Old 2014-02-10, 05:13   Link #2998
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yamato III sort of went that route with Dessler and his debt to Earth. How Yamato 2199 does it is unknown. Though they have a route with the Dietz family, without Dessler. I know some people don't like what they did with him, but I liked Dessler as a potental ally.
Old 2014-02-10, 05:57   Link #2999
macdawson

Considering Beemela is in the outer fringe of our galaxy, it would take months for an invading force to reach Earth. The Earth might consider expansion but at this time, rebuilding the infrastructures back at home must be the top priority. Thus the build of the Andromeda and her sister ships. Expansion and colonisation are still a far off priority.
Old 2014-02-10, 12:55   Link #3000
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Yamato III sort of went that route with Dessler and his debt to Earth. How Yamato 2199 does it is unknown. Though they have a route with the Dietz family, without Dessler. I know some people don't like what they did with him, but I liked Dessler as a potental ally.
I vaguely remember Yamato III (have the DVDs, but haven't watched them in years. ).
I would imagine that after so many of the Gamilas population (including Vice Leader/General Hiss) saw Yamato save them from the falling portion of 2nd Gamilas capital, they'd at least view Yamato as an ally, if not Terrans as a whole.
I enjoyed that part very much rather than the old series' total destruction of the Gamilas capital. Winning the "Hearts and Minds" of the "enemy's" population was what Kaiser Wilhelm preached and it was an effective strategy in strengthening a nation's influence.
It's one of the main differences that I feel is superior in 2199 to the original anime.
As for Desler remaining the main adversary....not a bad idea for now. He needs his butt kicked a few more times to become Yamato's ally (loved him in Final Yamato, brief as his part was).
Hopefully the Yamato 2199 crew will loosely follow the original like they did in 2199, but make Desler's transition from the "dark side" even more epic. Perhaps getting him to see Starsha's way of thinking. Now that Mamoru is dead, there is no Starsha + Mamoru = jealous Desler love triangle.
Also, there is no Sasha (that we know of, maybe Mamoru had just enough "umph" left in him for a quickie. ).
Either way, if would be nice to see our Dark-Lord-turned-hero Desler get his girl (before the Dark Star Nebula causes her death anyway. ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
Considering Beemela is in the outer fringe of our galaxy, it would take months for an invading force to reach Earth. The Earth might consider expansion but at this time, rebuilding the infrastructures back at home must be the top priority. Thus the build of the Andromeda and her sister ships. Expansion and colonisation are still a far off priority.
Good points.
However, Gamilas was the only thing holding back Gatlantis (that we know of) and we see them fighting General Dommel's fleet. So at least in 2199, Gatlantis is still over a year away from the main galaxy using only the Geshchtam drives.
I would think they'd have to use the star gates to accelerate their drive into the galaxy, and Balun seems like a likely place for them to do it since it is a major star gate junction (albeit damaged). The star maps we see of the gate routes is extensive and go deep into our own galaxy. Thus it would seem likely that the Gatlantis forces would try to use the gate (I imagine their fortress/base has enough energy to do it). It would also give a good reason why Gatlantis finds Desler (since it is possible that his ship's remains are floating in dimensional space just inside the gate).
Speculating further, I'll go on to say that forcing Gatlantis to have to use the gate as part of their invasion of the Milky Way galaxy, and them finding Desler there, makes for a nice segue into Gatlantis being coerced towards the Earth.

I for one would like to see more time between 2199 and the Gatlantis war: four maybe 5 years instead of the 1 to 2 year (or less in some translations) timeframe. It would give a more believable period for Earth to recover from the Gamilas war, and then have the ability to construct the fleet we see at the Battle of Saturn with Gatlantis.
Just my opinions, but I think that since they've done such a fantastic job with 2199, it would be very nice to see them do a 2204 or 2205 instead of a 2202 sequel.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato