AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-12-12, 18:27   Link #4281
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Well, to be fair, we got 3 chapters in one week not too long ago, so missing one week, while annoying, is fair. :P
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 09:23   Link #4282
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

This was unexpected. O_O
Sad that Makarov couldn't use that magic.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 09:32   Link #4283
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I expected Hades to have something of a reverse-Fairy Law... ( expected Demon Law though. )

Spoiler for 215:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 09:36   Link #4284
Aesthetic Shampoo

I have to say, that was one of the cheapest and lamest ways to bring development into the story I have ever seen.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 10:08   Link #4285
ShiroiRyu

I have to say : you have no tastes. XD
Anyways, never thought about this.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 10:20   Link #4286
Kak Worm

No wonder the magic council wants to get rid of Fairy Tail. They are too darned good at creating trouble makers.
Kak Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 11:26   Link #4287
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
I have to say, that was one of the cheapest and lamest ways to bring development into the story I have ever seen.
Your taste in story telling sucks.
Old 2010-12-18, 11:59   Link #4288
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That was surprising. Both Hades' identity and the fact that Makarov's only the third master of Fairy Tail. I had the feeling the guild's origin were more lost in the mists of time or something.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 12:29   Link #4289
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That was surprising. Both Hades' identity and the fact that Makarov's only the third master of Fairy Tail. I had the feeling the guild's origin were more lost in the mists of time or something.
I actually thought Makarov was perhaps the 2nd, seeing as how he speaks of Mavis like he knew the late master personally beyond just 'respect for the 1st generation.'

And also how it seemed like only his body was buried there and no other master's.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2010-12-18 at 12:59.
Old 2010-12-18, 12:41   Link #4290
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That's because no other master has died...yet, that is Gotta say that, while it's a basic formula, I didn't see it coming...all of them dark guild masters and their connections! On the bright side, I like Mashima's concept of war: many soldiers deployed fast, attack without asking any questions.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 12:58   Link #4291
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I wonder what's the proper way to say Hades's name... Is it 'Pure-Hi-to' ( Pure Hit ) or 'Pu-re-hi-to' ( Plate )?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
That's because no other master has died...yet, that is Gotta say that, while it's a basic formula, I didn't see it coming...all of them dark guild masters and their connections! On the bright side, I like Mashima's concept of war: many soldiers deployed fast, attack without asking any questions.
With Makarov being so old, ( I thought him to be older than 88 though ) one would had assumed that his direct predecessor would had died already.

Hades is pretty obviously at 120+ years old, and still looks pretty healthy in comparison.

Old 2010-12-18, 13:06   Link #4292
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Yeah, good forshadowing on setting up Mavis as the only dead Fairy Tail leader, which does open the door for the Hades development. And also take Fairy Law out of the equation, which we all knew had to happen; the principle of MAD is always a good one.

The only question remains as to how the Makarov/Hades fight will go. I really don't get the sense that Makarov will survive, but Hades can't, either. Grimoire Law would instantly take all of FT out, so he has to be stopped. The only thing I can see is Makarov sacrificing himself to take Hades out as well. Lucy has to end up with Cap's key after this arc, so he'll get beat down eventually, and I really think most of GH will be beat at least. Ultear will escape with Zeref at the very least, too. Only question is how many of GH go with her; I'm betting she's using them to get Zeref and couldn't care less about them, just using them as something to keep FT busy.

The only other big question remaining is Ultear's ultimate purpose, and what part Zeref plays in it; I'm betting it's tied to the dragons, and thus ultimately tied to the DS's and Lucy (via Lucy's mother; that death date can't have been a coincidence). Which would link the spirits in with the dragons and the overall plot.

Overall, very good writing. Each arc is interesting by itself, but also advances the main plot, sometimes in subtle ways. We are given hints along the way as to how things possibly tie together, but leaving enough vague that we can only guess at specifics. I think this is why I've been liking FT so much; it's not just fighting, but the plot is fairly tight, too (and doesn't drag on and on, heh).
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 13:47   Link #4293
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

are we sure Mavis is dead?

I am not ruling out Mavis = Zeref theory.
Old 2010-12-18, 16:21   Link #4294
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Wow. What a twist.
Old 2010-12-18, 16:45   Link #4295
White_Pumpkin
That one weird chick

Wow. That played with my brain.

I wonder what will become of Fairy Tail when/if Makarov dies? His death is this arc's looking more and more obvious. The whole former master takes out new master is interesting at best, and no I don't mean that in a bad way.

Now that the guy from the council (name escapes me) is tied up in this mess too, either the council will see some valuable aspects of Fairy Tail or completely dispan them. I don't see a middle way there anymore.

And one another note: one would think Loki should know about Cap's power if he really is a Zodiac Steller Spirit.

Btw I am new here.
White_Pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 17:45   Link #4296
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Makarov won't die...he will set out and make his own dark guild like Ivan and Hades
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 19:39   Link #4297
MechR

Speaking of Ivan, Raven Tail seems awfully smalltime now, doesn't it?
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 19:49   Link #4298
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
Speaking of Ivan, Raven Tail seems awfully smalltime now, doesn't it?
can't tell really, we only know of one member, Ivan. We don't know who else is in there. We haven't even heard of the 3rd member of Balsam Alliance yet.
Old 2010-12-18, 22:02   Link #4299
blewin

what a twist! Hades is the 2nd master of Fairty Tail?!! now I have NO idea how things will turn out.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 04:00   Link #4300
KrimzonStriker

Just wondering, but did anyone get any Ultear/Zeref vibes during that one panel she was blushing at exclaiming they were going to finally meet him? Mashima's really starting to push all sorts of pairings this arc

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen