AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-26, 02:45   Link #2061
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmntrainer7 View Post
The new arc hasn't started yet, js06 translated the Uiharu and Saten pic that was posted a few posts ago.

Text: Please wait just a little longer (sweat drop)
Uiharu: with about the odds of this manga actually heading into the new arc next month...
Saten: A-are the odds of that good?
Saten: Or bad?
There is more of that text as there is new spoiler out
Continuation Comparison with the translated image

(Translation is welcome)
Old 2011-07-26, 03:09   Link #2062
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I have this weird hunch that the "psycho girl with wavy hair and scissors" is actually the guy who ruined Kuroko's hair.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-07-27, 10:05   Link #2063
Inept Forum User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I have this weird hunch that the "psycho girl with wavy hair and scissors" is actually the guy who ruined Kuroko's hair.
Sorry, when did that occur?

(Considers the possibility of a DNA Harvester)
Old 2011-07-27, 10:30   Link #2064
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

^I've always figured or imagined Number Six -- if he is not a certain blue-haired guy with piercings -- to have no set gender or appearance. He/she/it would borrow the DNA code of espers and adapt it into his own. For example, he could turn into Mikoto with Electromaster powers (albeit weaker and depending on his own calculation abilities). Naturally Kakine and Accelerator wouldn't be an ability/likeness he could copy due to the divine nature of their DNA.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-07-27, 19:22   Link #2065
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Sorry, when did that occur?

(Considers the possibility of a DNA Harvester)
Sakashima Michibata. Look at the wiki for information about him.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-07-28, 04:26   Link #2066
zaeraal

Chinese scans are out, this chapter has only 8 pages and looks like a promo for railgun PSP game.

EDIT: Pushed the chapter through google translate, First page is promo for railgun game, then Saten is talking about some rumor (something with frankenstein if it translated correctly), later they hear a bunch of kids having a "secret meeting" and talking about a very popular myth -> that if kids play in an open space (for example park) and they fell asleep, their hair gets cut. But if they wake up while their hair is being cut, they see a horrific woman with a pair of scissors. After hearing that, Misaka, Shirai, Saten and Uiharu decide to capture that woman for various reasons. Then is a very short version of investigation, that leads to some construction site. And the last page (the image with missiles aiming at Misaka) is something like a promo for next chapter. With Uiharu rejoicing that there is finally some drama and then that translated text from above, adding some doubts to whethewer a new arc will start next chapter or not.

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-07-28 at 05:46.
Old 2011-07-28, 04:27   Link #2067
Inept Forum User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Sakashima Michibata. Look at the wiki for information about him.
I know about him already. But where did the 'ruining' take place? I've looked at SS2, Ch6 but couldn't see anything like that (other than a bit of teasing near the start).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Chinese scans are out, this chapter has only 8 pages and looks like a promo for railgun PSP game.
That might explain a bit.
Old 2011-07-28, 21:22   Link #2068
Flere821
Lurker

I took at the 8 page 'chapter' - it's just a promotion for a PSP thing of some sort coming out in November, not Ch43.

The last page says it's about the plot for the game, and will have nothing to do with next chapter (Daihaseisai?).
Old 2011-07-29, 17:20   Link #2069
mark1246

Does that mean there no ch 43 this month?

P.S. And if there isn't then damn it, it now take two month to make a chapter for railgun unbelievable. there goes this month, but at least the translater that translate railgun will have a break since all they have to do is translate 8 pages
Old 2011-07-29, 19:24   Link #2070
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Think of it as another .5 chapter
Old 2011-07-29, 20:44   Link #2071
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That's one hell of a pair of scissors.... I could use this girl in my Halloween fic or something...

Old 2011-07-30, 07:56   Link #2072
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

ANN reviews A Certain Scientific Railgun Volume 1

Unfortunately, the reviewer wasn't a fan of it.
Old 2011-07-30, 08:17   Link #2073
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The general rule is this; ANN is good for information about shows and the people and team working on them.

They are absolutely shit when it comes to opinions... And I don't use shit alot in this manner, so you know they're really shit.

In all seriousness, anybody who would buy the manga would already know what it is well before it becomes licensed.
Old 2011-07-30, 08:17   Link #2074
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
ANN reviews A Certain Scientific Railgun Volume 1

Unfortunately, the reviewer wasn't a fan of it.
Well, at least he sees potential in it. He hasn't just summarily dismissed it as crap, and seems to be at least somewhat interested in the plot.

I laughed at how, even without apparently seeing Index, he can tell Kamijou is the one that should be pitied.

I can't say the reviewer was terribly off base either, even though I disagree with some of his points. Unlikable side-characters? Kuroko is not particularly popular, for example. Somewhat choppy story? I can see it, but I think the reviewer is being too hard about it. This is an introduction of new characters, after all. It being a side-story and knowing it? Yeah, Touma appearing every so often like he does definitly gives that impression, and it takes a little while for the series to find its footing, but that is true of most stories. You are always a little lost in the World at first, until you get a proper feel for it.
Old 2011-07-30, 08:27   Link #2075
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

She only went one book in so the review itself is good.
Old 2011-07-30, 08:29   Link #2076
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know, reading the comment section, I think the reviewer is a girl... Only because of what one person said...

Anyway after actually skimming through the review, There is one point I agree strongly on and that is Railgun is a side story and doesn't try to be more. Up to the revelation of Misaki, Railgun has always been following in the little sister foot steps of Index- Every concept and incident is a foreshadow to something bigger in Index. I'm sure all of us were just dying to spill the beans on the AIM Burst's halo when it appeared... Or when Telestina revealed her family name... Or when Skill-Out was mentioned...
Old 2011-07-30, 08:43   Link #2077
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You know, reading the comment section, I think the reviewer is a girl... Only because of what one person said...

Anyway after actually skimming through the review, There is one point I agree strongly on and that is Railgun is a side story and doesn't try to be more. Up to the revelation of Misaki, Railgun has always been following in the little sister foot steps of Index- Every concept and incident is a foreshadow to something bigger in Index. I'm sure all of us were just dying to spill the beans on the AIM Burst's halo when it appeared... Or when Telestina revealed her family name... Or when Skill-Out was mentioned...
I did spill the beans
Old 2011-07-30, 08:46   Link #2078
Ashaman

naughty naughty
Old 2011-07-30, 08:54   Link #2079
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
naughty naughty
I have no shame. It was in the time when some Railgun and some Misaka fans kept saying Railgun was better based on bad info. It couldn't be helped.

inb4 people think I generalize
Old 2011-08-03, 10:40   Link #2080
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Re-reading the whole Railgun manga.

Few question on the powers.

-Is Misakas lightning real lightning?
-how fast is Muginos lasers?

Also who was the artist for the ch. 30.5?

This was hilarious
Spoiler for hilarity:
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen