3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.21%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.21%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 1.71%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-17, 21:08   Link #761
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
No this was necessary.

Because it's what got Lelouch off his ass on this stupid, "take on the world" thing and put him on the path that he must take.

Which is to take on his father personally and as Lelouch Vi Britannia, not Zero.

Schenzeil and his father defeated him because they played by the book and never used lies and deceit. His father even told him that plainly. If you want to beat me then PLAY by the BOOK you idiot!
I would much rather see Lelouch take on his father on his on. You are right this was a way to get him from behind the mask. We all saw this coming your lies eventually catch up with you so i was not shocked by anything that happened. In the end Lelouch needs to face his greatest fear his father on his on.
Old 2008-08-17, 21:09   Link #762
a1047

I still wonder how can lelouch take down charles who immortal right now.

What happen to C.C. geass power?

I want look reaction Schniezel when he know his father have a geass and immortal.

Look like Suzaku become a bad boy.
a1047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:10   Link #763
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I would much rather see Lelouch take on his father on his on. You are right this was a way to get him from behind the mask. We all saw this coming your lies eventually catch up with you so i was not shocked by anything that happened. In the end Lelouch needs to face his greatest fear his father on his on.
I don't think Lelouch is afraid anymore. The gloves are about to come off for both Lelouch and Suzaku.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:10   Link #764
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Stupid cliffhanger episode. Now we have to wait a week for the mess to get cleaned up. Suzaku may be a bad boy, but without the Lancelot he's not going to be doing much.
Old 2008-08-17, 21:12   Link #765
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Stupid cliffhanger episode. Now we have to wait a week for the mess to get cleaned up. Suzaku may be a bad boy, but without the Lancelot he's not going to be doing much.
Will Xing-Ke & the UFN side with Britiannia to hunt lelouch or side with lelouch
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:13   Link #766
a1047

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLum View Post
I don't think Lelouch is afraid anymore. The gloves are about to come off for both Lelouch and Suzaku.
Ah... yes, you right
a1047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:14   Link #767
Traece
:cool:

Just thought you should all know:

I compared the 18 opening to the 19 opening and found that:

THERE ARE NO CHANGES OTHER THAN THE VERY END.

The only difference is that at the very end of the opening, 18 and prior are day and 19 is night with different clouds. Very nice backgrounds too, they actually changed the clouds instead of just making it night.

Edit: Didn't they show the Lancelot in this episode already repaired? o_O
Old 2008-08-17, 21:14   Link #768
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLum View Post
Thats the true test. He has always been afraid of his father in a one on one match. If he wants to win he needs to defeat his fear first.

Fear is the mindkiller
Old 2008-08-17, 21:15   Link #769
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
Will Xing-Ke & the UFN side with Britiannia to hunt lelouch or side with lelouch
Personally, I hope the black Knights get the rug pulled out from under them for trading Japan for their leader without discussion, especially since they can't even find the guy now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
Just because the Lancelot is scrap metal doesn't mean that Suzaku won't be getting another Knightmare that would be equal or even better.
It'll be a couple episodes before he does, though, hence he's grounded for the moment.
Old 2008-08-17, 21:16   Link #770
rpgman1

No holding back now for Lelouch and Suzaku because of specific limitations (Nunally & Rolo and Japanese people respectively). It is possible for them to team up since it looks like Gino betrayed the Knight of Rounds for Kallen and her Guren (he was the last person to see Kallen so it would be natural to assume that). I rather see a more confident Lelouch after all he has been through.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:16   Link #771
scifijimmy

Good episode however I still have notes.
1. Did Toudou get so angered about geassing other JLP leaders to forget everything else about Lelouch. I mean he was high in the pre-invasion adminstration. He should have known Lelouch's history, and the potential anger that existed upon his arrival in Japan a decade ago.

2. Apparently Schniezel doesn't know a great deal about Geass because C.C. is still waiting for Lelouch in the office because they didn't oust her.

3. Finally, Has NO ONE picked up the hint that Charles is (or was) a geass user? Seriously, I thought Cornelia would take this hint when V.V. told her that he was her Uncle!!!
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:17   Link #772
dee32

Wait a minute wasn't the OotBK pose to to turn Zero over to Schneizel in exchange for Japan since they failed to hand Zero over do they still get Japan back? The OotBK to me were quick to judge Zero without really hearing his side. All it took from Schneizel was to hand them edited information for them to betray Zero. They needed him more than he needed them. I'd like to see how they fare in the coming battles without him. Zero will whether this setback and comeback stronger. The OotBK I don't know. I think it would be better if he leads a smaller force than how big the OotBK got. He only needs Kallen, Jerimah, Rakshata, and 20 to 30 foot soldiers.
dee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:18   Link #773
defrule

A little comment. Suzaku's plan to change Britannia from within is good but simply won't work with Charles around.

Remember what Charles said before, I think it was:
"Humans are not equal, some a born to be discriminated."

It's something to those words.
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:21   Link #774
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Follow up confirmation afterwards by the staff on the other hand... <_<
Except that was still deep down. It wasn't his ONLY goal. Just when Mao broguht it out the way he did, everything else took a back seat for a little bit.

Quote:
What change, he's done nothing of change at this point. Hell, Nunnally had to be the one to restart the SAZ!! And what of Lelouch? Enacting rebellion and uprisings is change incarnate for pete's sake!!
It isn't a good change though. He is holding back everything Suzaku (and technically Nunnally too) with what he is doing. It is hard to change peoples mind if they are always trying to be overthrown. TRYING to change something can also slow down another method of change.
Quote:
And he followed up on it, go watch Stage 9, go watch what he's done up til now for everyone at this point.
The only thing he has done for people was manipulate them to get what HE wants. Nothing more. That was one of the reasons why he was betrayed just now. They tried to defend him early on, and guess what? All the evidence they were shown destroyed all their hope.

Quote:
You didn't listen to a word I said, that isn't the only thing concerning his motivation, he has many more reasonable aims as well. And he's not dragging anyone, they chose to follow him despite whatever they may believe about his Geass, that is the fundamental truth and hell, he's even cut them off entirely to prevent dragging them down in the end now.
They followed him because he manipulated them to follow him. Geass isn't the only way to make people follow you. Pretty words and a few "miracles" are enough to do that.
Quote:
He doesn't want to die for nothing, what he wants is to bring down his father, to do something worthy of those who gave there lives for him by giving his life for them in an sense, fully expecting to die but in no way was he saying he's hoping for such. And you know what, we'll freaking see what he has left afterwards and what he'll do with his life should he survive.
No, he wants to die whether he is successful or not right now. I will wait and see since this show can change so fast anyway. But as of RIGHT NOW, that is what he wants when he is done his goal.

Quote:
He's not like Suzaku at all, though they are extremely similar they are also fundamentally different and that has been the prevailing theme throughout this series.
Oh no they aren't. The only differences between the two are the side they fight on and their methods. Other than that, their characters are really similar personality wise.

Quote:
Hah, okay... lets see, antagonizing best friend, causing the deaths of quite a few of his fellow country men that he has the audacity to say he's actually trying to help, doing absolutely zip in the way of change and instead is stuck on maintaining the status quo. I thought he was supposed to be similar to Lelouch? They basically wallow in tragedy, those two because often time then not they share the responsibility for them together <_<
He was doing his job. He didn't know Lelouch was Zero at first. SO "antagonizing him" holds no merits.

As for the rest, again, different methods. ONe is of rebellion, the other is a slow process. Oh, and what has Lelouch changed so far during his rebellion? The Japanese are still oppressed and Japan is still a Britannian Colony. THAT is change?

Quote:
And yet he has the audacity to say otherwise, to say he wants to prevent deaths as a soldier whose life is based on it.
True. But Suzaku always takes account for human life before he dos his job even now. He even told the EU in that battle to just surrender. They didn't, so he did what he had to do. He doesn't just kill for the joy of it. It isn't like he is Luciano.
Quote:
And who the hell brought up the bit with the Japanese leader anyway about his wrongs, why Lelouch that's who!!
Suzaku did it first I am afraid.

Quote:
Oh and I'm sure that makes a lot of sense considering he makes it his business to stomp them out. Oh and his respect for the JLF sure didn't stop him from taking part in an operation that was meant to eliminate them. He has no right to take the high ground on anyone or anything, in my opinion at least
You are allowed to have your own opinion. As for fighting against them, he did that because he isn't going back on his word or his choices. He is reaping what he sows. He fights for Britannia now, he will do what it takes. Doesn't mean he has to LIKE it.
Quote:
At least the Civil Rights movement began in a government that had the capacity to change, which is not something I could say for Britannia, especially Britannia under Charles. There are some things that cannot be solved with the sword, but there are also things that cannot be solved without one.
Except Charles is too busy doing other things and will be a liability. ANY country can change. Notice there aren't a whole lot of monarchies with full power anymore right? that means things can change. Things take TIME though. As for compacity for change, America is based off of taking from other people. Just ask the Native Americans we stole... well, everything from.Things and times change for every nation. Why should I believe Britannia would be any different?

Quote:
Oh and that makes him so much better, I'm really sure. You know, given that Kallen and the rest would have been turned to paste had it not been for Lelouch who saved them at the last second, and had it not been Suzaku who put them there in the first place!
That is true. Except the part where Suzaku put them in that position. They put themselves in that situation by stealing C.C. heck, they were the reason Clovis ordered that massacre. Lelouch bailed them out, but that doesn't put Suzaku at fault.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:21   Link #775
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifijimmy View Post
1. Did Toudou get so angered about geassing other JLP leaders to forget everything else about Lelouch. I mean he was high in the pre-invasion adminstration. He should have known Lelouch's history, and the potential anger that existed upon his arrival in Japan a decade ago.

2. Apparently Schniezel doesn't know a great deal about Geass because C.C. is still waiting for Lelouch in the office because they didn't oust her.

3. Finally, Has NO ONE picked up the hint that Charles is (or was) a geass user? Seriously, I thought Cornelia would take this hint when V.V. told her that he was her Uncle!!!
1. He knows nothing about Zero or Lelouch only that he produces results

2. Well he doesn't claim to be an expert. He just calls 'em as he sees 'em.

3. Midget uncles.... It's not freakiest family I ever saw.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:22   Link #776
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post
Wait a minute wasn't the OotBK pose to to turn Zero over to Schneizel in exchange for Japan since they failed to hand Zero over do they still get Japan back? The OotBK to me were quick to judge Zero without really hearing his side. All it took from Schneizel was to hand them edited information for them to betray Zero. They needed him more than he needed them. I'd like to see how they fare in the coming battles without him. Zero will whether this setback and comeback stronger. The OotBK I don't know. I think it would be better if he leads a smaller force than how big the OotBK got. He only needs Kallen, Jerimah, Rakshata, and 20 to 30 foot soldiers.
It took half a fricking episode for the whole debate to go through and they didn't falter until Ougi came in.

How hard is that to understand? Schnzeil didn't edit anything at all. He just hand them the stuff. If he edited something do please elaborate.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:22   Link #777
rpgman1

Quote:
Rakshata and Jeremiah are a given, but Kallen seems to be in the middle. She'll probably end up joining him after she saw what happened to C.C.. The same goes for Suzaku, except he seems to be more like an Athrun clone.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:24   Link #778
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Poor rolo, i never liked him till this episode.

Kallen is on his side after what she heard right before rolo came in.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:24   Link #779
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Um, what information was edited? Everything Schneizel said was true and Ougi came in and even backed it up. That was enough to convince them. They all still wanted to trust in Zero, but they knew they couldn't. So they turned on him. It was a hard choice, but they saw that it had to be done. Everyone was PISSED too. Especially Tamaki, Ougi, and Deithard.

EDIT: Soldier beat me to it.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 21:26   Link #780
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifijimmy View Post

best part about that was that Katase wasn't even Geassed.

*sigh* Schniezel's group and the Black Knights are nothing more than a bunch of insects who have confused themselves for actual players in this little game. The only two people who really matter right now are Lelouch and Charles, (with Suzaku having a possibility of joining too) since quite simply no one else understands what's really going on here, nor any real concept of just how powerful the geass really are. Any of the others overstep their bounds much more, and they're going to be ripped apart.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote