AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-12-27, 12:53   Link #141
koti

The sequence with videos and camera pictures was really moving and well executed (the contrast between war/sadness and happiness/love images was great).

The whole series is just really well directed, with nice background music, adorable main characters, and good iyashikei/melancholic atmosphere. Probabily one of the best (atypical) SoL I've seen in the last years.
My personal AOTY, along with Uchouten s2.
koti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 06:48   Link #142
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

"We do not eat living humans.."

We now know where all those bodies go..

Anyway, Those white blobs are very convenient aren't they? They clean up nuclear wastes and leftover ammunition, they can understand human speech and they can fly! They're even used as objects of worship!

All in all I never thought 2 girls riding through an abandoned city would be this interesting, that was a nice surprise for sure!
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 22:00   Link #143
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Another one of the reasons why Last Tour worked so well was because of its overall positive message about human nature. This is a more subtle message, but it's one that's also very rewarding to find within the anime.
Old 2017-12-29, 16:11   Link #144
ArrowSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
Nah, there's nothing really positive about humanity. The sooner the apocalypse happens the better. Humans only know how to destroy.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-29, 19:08   Link #145
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Going to have to do a lot better than that to convince me, mate
Old 2018-01-13, 11:57   Link #146
Xical
Phantom User

A side note for this:

Spoiler for context:

Maybe, with a little luck and good sales on BR/dvd, we can get OVAs or a movie for the rest.
Old 2018-01-13, 12:12   Link #147
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's odd to see the manga ending now, when the series is more popular than it's ever been. I suppose it had been planned in advance, in which case, I wish they would have gone for a full adaptation.

As you said, if the BDs sell well, we may get to see the rest of the story animated some day.
Old 2018-01-14, 20:36   Link #148
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's odd to see the manga ending now, when the series is more popular than it's ever been. I suppose it had been planned in advance, in which case, I wish they would have gone for a full adaptation.

As you said, if the BDs sell well, we may get to see the rest of the story animated some day.
Spoiler:
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-02, 16:51   Link #149
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Are we to conclude that both Kanazawa and Ishii have died? And even if that's true, the fact that they were alive makes me wonder how the creature can be so certain than only Chito and Yuuri remain. I was surprised neither girl, particularly Chito, asked about them.

The scene with the photographs and videos was quite powerful. Even though the girls say that seeing all those people made them less lonely, I thought it might actually have had the opposite effect of reinforcing their isolation and loneliness.
My manga volumes 4-6 came today, so I rewatched this before reading them. Funny how I had the same two reactions to episode 12 I had over a year ago.

Watching all those now-dead people in those videos made me feel somewhat lonely myself.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-14, 23:54   Link #150
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Belatedly watched this after putting it off for forever. It had been so so long since I had watched something like this. so bittersweet. So powerful.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
post apocalyptic, slice of life