AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-08, 19:30   Link #301
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhaos View Post
I see what your saying. there's a lot of boring story (especially the one with kusuda) but i definitly want more dobashi too even some chikura would be great.
Whick Chikura are you talking about? I don't want more Nao since Renjou is gone, but I'd really like to have some Kazuma. He is, along with Renjou, the most decent male characters in this manga.

My favourite pairings (besides Nao & Renjou) are 1) AyumiXMisao, 2) YuujiXMisaki, and the most evil 3) KoyoiXYoshihiko...

Kei and Kusuda looks very interesting, but I can't stand Kusuda's current personality.
Old 2008-04-09, 09:25   Link #302
Dhaos

I was referring to nao because i think that the developpement of her story with sogape may be interresting to see.
Old 2008-04-18, 15:45   Link #303
LCeh

Ch 28.

Wow, I wonder if it's just me, or is having a bunch of pretty girls chasing after you into really far places every guy's dream? Anyway, looks like confrontation will occur in ch. 29.
Old 2008-04-19, 19:44   Link #304
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

It's rather the interest and dedication that we appreciate... this very situation is just a scenario that shows those things
Old 2008-04-22, 01:00   Link #305
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This manga kinda feels like School Rumble(though I've only seen the anime of it). Just finished chp 8, so I'm guessing that the big guy reminded me of harima, with the stalking behind pillars and feeding animals and such, not to mention the tangle of this-char-likes-that-char chain.
Old 2008-04-25, 16:09   Link #306
LCeh

Fun chapter.

Spoiler for Chap 29:
Old 2008-04-25, 16:51   Link #307
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
yeah, kusuda & Enomoto reminds me of Harima and Eri

except it's happening much more naturally and faster.

hell, feels better then scrumble at this moment.

Old 2008-04-25, 21:13   Link #308
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
^ WHAT ARE YOU SAYING???, the last SR chapter was epic, and the cliffhanger better (Flag supporter point)
Old 2008-04-26, 01:46   Link #309
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadorna View Post
^ WHAT ARE YOU SAYING???, the last SR chapter was epic, and the cliffhanger better (Flag supporter point)

only the latest chapter, before that it's been a bit stale, i grown tired of the Harima-tenma thing, the only thing that been driving me on, was the yakumo thing, plus akira.

hatsukoi on the other hand, has been great since the start. romance yeeeaah.

Old 2008-04-26, 02:32   Link #310
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
only the latest chapter, before that it's been a bit stale, i grown tired of the Harima-tenma thing, the only thing that been driving me on, was the yakumo thing, plus akira.

hatsukoi on the other hand, has been great since the start. romance yeeeaah.

Uh you do know School Rumble is more of a comedy series then a romance series right? Hatsukoi Limited on the other hand concentrates more on the romance part.

Anyways as much I'm enjoying this series I'm a bit worried it may be cancelled because ratings wise on Shonen Jump it's constantly been really low. Shonen Jump has been cancelling alot of series recently that aren't popular which is why I'm a bit worried about this series. I think readers may have lost interested because it has too many characters and doesn't exactly help that not all of them are interesting characters.

I think the series could have gone without the two alike characters keep forgetting their names you know the one that liked Yamamoto (loli pop girl) they look too similiar and act the same, just one of them would been fine. The older tuff afro brother also isn't interesting. Same goes with the swimming team characters you know the swimming maniac and the big breast girl both are boring.

I would like to see more of the the pair that is already a couple uh what where their names again? lol see there's too many characters that I can't remember their names.

Also really like Enomoto and Kusuda interacting with each other. More of Nao is always good same with Sogabe like his personality when he tries to impress Nao. And finally Yamamoto's characters would like to see her in trying to gain the interest of what's his name with the sister complex. Those characters alone would have made the series much better. The rest of the characters feel like their dragging the series down because their not that interesting.

But who knows since the series is still too early on maybe those characters will improve hopefully though the series will still be running and not cancelled.
Old 2008-04-26, 06:46   Link #311
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

True, i got most of the names mixed up pretty often except for the ones that had more focus on them. Besides it doesn't really help that half of the characters are siblings. From the beginning of the manga the character introductions were somewhat confusing but it's good to see that after having just single or double character focus per chapter to have a lot of characters get involved in one "arc" like the valentines day "arc" before.
Spoiler for latest chapters:

If the mangaka keeps getting up this focus on the more "popular" characters while maintaining a good plot progression she (yep the mangaka is a woman afaik) can save her work from being cancelled. I for my part would hate to see it cancelled cause i love her art and style of storytelling since Ichigo 100%.
Old 2008-04-26, 07:29   Link #312
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

lol @ chapter 29. The confessions wer just priceless. We get to see a handful of fanservice too. I never knew Kei has such huge boobs. o_O. Kusuda is one young lucky man. And good thing for Bessho making Yuuji think of Yamamoto?(was that her name?) more.

And it's been a long time since we see the elder Zaitsu-kun. I though the mangaka already forgot about him lol.
Old 2008-04-26, 08:07   Link #313
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

This manga is slated to be canned according to 2ch thread along with MX0.

I'll give it 2 chapters left at the most.
Old 2008-04-26, 09:01   Link #314
phyxius
Putting To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Could you perhaps post the official statement here. Can't seem to locate it..
Old 2008-04-26, 09:33   Link #315
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyxius View Post
Could you perhaps post the official statement here. Can't seem to locate it..
Not quit official but.....

226 名前: ◆rxdZIQsltk [sage] 投稿日:2008/04/25(金) 12:30:46 ID:3BHc/Jn60
今更用無しかも
in 島袋(2号連続巻頭)濱田(新人)
out H ポ 初 M

アーツの2回目頃に決まったようで、新連載は除外みたいです。
次期から連載枠が減るようです。
初はやはり不調が祟ったよう。
ポもギャグ優遇でも庇えなかった模様。
Mは急落ということでもないようですが今期までの判断。
単純にアンケは虎、兎などの方が不調なようなので
来期以降はここらが鍵になりそうかと

新連載はスタートはまずまずなよう。
ぬらりはかなりスタートダッシュに成功したみたいです

あと、>>8は正誤半々って感じで正直よくわかりません
ただ、書込みの時期に終了が決定してる事は無いでしょう
Old 2008-04-26, 10:12   Link #316
phyxius
Putting To Fly

Quote:
Not quit official but.....
No, it didn't sound official.. rather it sounded more like "probable", meaning speculation.

I really don't want this manga to end any where soon.
Hatsukoi is one of the very few manga currently being released that I appreciate.
Old 2008-04-26, 10:33   Link #317
ZODDGUTS

Oh well I can deal with it as long they don't cancelled Sket Dance now that series has been awesome since the very first chapter. If true about Mx0 well at least it had a decent run can't complain much there.

Anyways hopefully the manga-ka learns her lesson in not introducing so many damn characters in a series especially if several of them aren't all that interesting and you can't really remember their names because their just too many characters.

Quote:
No, it didn't sound official.. rather it sounded more like "probable", meaning speculation.

I really don't want this manga to end any where soon.
Hatsukoi is one of the very few manga currently being released that I appreciate.
Unless it starts to gain better ratings on Shonen Jump very soon the series won't last long because it's been constantly near dead last in rankings/ratings for quiet awhile now.
Old 2008-04-26, 11:31   Link #318
phyxius
Putting To Fly

Hatsukoi has had some great arc's, the best so far: Valentine's Day (ch17 through 20). Though after that the manga suffered from ch21 through 23 (Chikaru Nao arc), the three most boring chapters yet. (If she ends up with Sogabe then that would most probably greatly increase her interest by far, purely speculation though)

If Kawashita decides to focus more on Yamamoto again or put more development on Yuuji (Arihara) in the next couple of chapters, that, would most probably give rise to Hatsukoi's rating.. considering how much it sank after ch20. Yamamoto and Yuuji's got great chemistry IMO and that's what I want most development in Hatsukoi right now. These two, together.

DobashiXTerai, NaoXSogabe, KeiXKusuda and MisakiXYuuji are my couples of choice.

And just to say this; Kawashita's earlier manga being a fairly great success - Ichigo100% - 19 volumes says pretty much everything. Wouldn't THAT put more interest in her current manga from the Jump-staff (or what I'm supposed to call them) that chanses are, this manga is gonna be just as or even more popular in the long run?
Old 2008-04-26, 11:48   Link #319
LCeh

Quote:

Mx0 and Hatsukoi?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 2008-04-26, 15:49   Link #320
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Mx0 and Hatsukoi?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WTF? two of my favourites?!

just when both manga are reaching the good bits? this is bad.

what are they thinking?

Mx0 is quite refreshing for a shounen series, and hatsuoi is just great in it's straightforwardness.

but meh, Japan's taste in manga been going funny lately, it doesn't help when the manga industry is in recession as well.

Oh, love the latest chapter, talk about bening pwned!

lolol.

just funny that they didn't see the girls at all.

but classic cliffhanger! lol.

dammmit! FLEEEE!

funny how it's the other way round, that it's the girls chasing the blokes.

guess it's true, if you run, they will naturally chase after you.

humans are such predators.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen