AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-07-15, 11:16   Link #21
Gundamx

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
English sub
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 11:57   Link #22
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The PV certainly does give a "classic Gundam" vibe to it. The character designs look kinda retro (in a good way).
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 12:17   Link #23
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Glaze also reminds me of the Leo, but also reminds me of the starter AC you can get in the first three Armored Core games. :k This show definitely reminds me of Armored Core, both in its mechanics and in its plot.
Old 2015-07-15, 12:18   Link #24
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Reading through some other forums and reddits, apparently the director and writer do not seem to inspire much confidence based on their past works. Anyone who has watched their works care to explain why?
Old 2015-07-15, 12:21   Link #25
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The PV certainly does give a "classic Gundam" vibe to it. The character designs look kinda retro (in a good way).
Well, they did that too with G-Reco, so that no longer inspires too much confidence in me. I'm more interested in if the story is going to be any good. The synopsis sounds interesting though.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 12:25   Link #26
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Reading through some other forums and reddits, apparently the director and writer do not seem to inspire much confidence based on their past works. Anyone who has watched their works care to explain why?
It's not worth getting into here. There's a whole thread on it anyway:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112594
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 12:28   Link #27
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So did anyone notice those weird protrusions in our MC's back while he was doing some reps? Looks weird.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2015-07-15 at 13:15.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 12:38   Link #28
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

And here I thought Okada was being 'phased out' by the industry, and she returns in motha-frakking Gundam of all things. With Nagai, I hope this becomes an overdramatic tearjerker behind the obvious mecha battles.

Wouldn't be true to Okada if there weren't childhood friends, but can I have at least opposite gender couple as well? (In b4 they met the princess when they were kids as well )

In any case, it's nice to see Gundam back again in what seems to be a more adult story. Even Recognista seemed too childish in story, so I hope this proves to be different.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 12:46   Link #29
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So did anyone notice those weird protrusions in our MC's back while henwas doing some reps? Looks weird.
They resembled bolts or jacks in his spine. Either, he has to hook in literally physically when he pilots, and they use their nervous system to help control the mechs. Or they are from some kind of past war wound or something.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 13:06   Link #30
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The Glaze also reminds me of the Leo, but also reminds me of the starter AC you can get in the first three Armored Core games. :k This show definitely reminds me of Armored Core, both in its mechanics and in its plot.
kit bashing an MS has been around since UC even before it was popularized by SEED, the SD series, AGE has it as a main gimmick, & taken to extreme by Build Fighters,
yes the Gundam along with the grunt units having upgrade parts as they progressed or evolved also reminds me of Armored Core along with some units resembling Muscle Tracers (MT), not sure if they can also mix & match limbs instead of just the optional parts & equipment, but maybe to grunt units only & not the Gundam itself which has an irreplaceable base body frame.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 13:27   Link #31
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
kit bashing an MS has been around since UC even before it was popularized by SEED, the SD series, AGE has it as a main gimmick, & taken to extreme by Build Fighters,
yes the Gundam along with the grunt units having upgrade parts as they progressed or evolved also reminds me of Armored Core along with some units resembling Muscle Tracers (MT), not sure if they can also mix & match limbs instead of just the optional parts & equipment, but maybe to grunt units only & not the Gundam itself which has an irreplaceable base body frame.
Yeah I wasn't looking at that angle whatsoever, actually. I was looking at the setting and the differences between machines, the plotline and aesthetic. The mech customization was a backseat thought to all that. That the machines remind me of ACs and MTs is a bonus, though.
Old 2015-07-15, 17:23   Link #32
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
She's similar to Yousuke Kuroda in a sense I think. Extremely prolific with works that vary greatly in quality. But when she pairs with the right team and director the end product works well.

The great thing about this show is she's paired with Nagai, and her previous works with him have been some of the better ones of her career (Toradora, Anohana).

And she loves melodrama, which certainly helped the Seed franchise back in the day. So I understand why Sunrise chose her.
Old 2015-07-15, 18:51   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At the very least it gives a better first impression than Reconguista did so that's something.

It seems like it could be pretty decent. The last couple Gundam series haven't exactly been good in my view, but there's always the chance to bounce back with this one.
Old 2015-07-15, 19:21   Link #34
Wandering Soul

Well this sounds interesting and has potential. A story about child soldiers like this could be pretty entertaining.

It's already is giving off a better impression than Reconguista.
Old 2015-07-15, 21:15   Link #35
solidvanz
Special Operative

Hopefully this series give better reception towards the viewers than Gundam AGE and GBFT with great world building and character development.

I can't wait to hear more awesome flamenco-styled OST/music which had played in the preview video.
Old 2015-07-16, 02:06   Link #36
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Anymore naysayers?
Not here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The supposed synopsis from Mechatalk:
"...revolt against the adults"

It didn't occur to me when I first saw the group of boys, but that's a bit disappointing if that's the setup they chose again(?).
Quote:
So the Gundam here isn't a super prototype, but an ancient relic, interesting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Or Gundam X and Gundam AGE together.
Yeah, or a bit of Turn A.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 03:11   Link #37
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Does anybody else notice that the animation in the PV (especially the battles) doesn’t look so hot? I don’t think it’s 00-level or G-Reco-level, more like close to AGE-level or GBF(T)-level or worse, Stargazer-level. I hope the majority of the good stuff not shown (eg. the Gundam fights) looks and moves smoother & better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Not here.
Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Yeah, or a bit of Turn A.
And a little bit from Broken Blade. Those who haven't seen it yet, please do. It's dope if you like mecha and war between kingdoms (there are two versions: OVAs & TV series, choose whichever format you like, no significant differences in the story but I personally recommend the OVAs). It's rather short, so it wil probably be a good warm-up before Tekketsu.
Old 2015-07-16, 05:49   Link #38
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Does anybody else notice that the animation in the PV (especially the battles) doesn’t look so hot? I don’t think it’s 00-level or G-Reco-level, more like close to AGE-level or GBF(T)-level or worse, Stargazer-level. I hope the majority of the good stuff not shown (eg. the Gundam fights) looks and moves smoother & better.
It's being animated by Studio 3 so the Age or BF (or even Destiny) comparisons are probably valid. 00 Was also animated by them but Seiji Mizushima is known for his dynamic action scenes that made the battles look a lot better.
Old 2015-07-16, 17:44   Link #39
Skye629

Quote:
And a little bit from Broken Blade. Those who haven't seen it yet, please do. It's dope if you like mecha and war between kingdoms (there are two versions: OVAs & TV series, choose whichever format you like, no significant differences in the story but I personally recommend the OVAs). It's rather short, so it wil probably be a good warm-up before Tekketsu.
Off topic but is the story the same? And is the OVA a compilation? Or an alternate take/separate continuation?

I'll definitely check it out
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 20:05   Link #40
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Off topic but is the story the same? And is the OVA a compilation? Or an alternate take/separate continuation?

I'll definitely check it out
Let me give you a synopsis and you can judge it for yourself:

Spoiler for Broken Blade synopsis:
So there you have it, my synopsis for Broken Blade (the manga is titled Break Blade though). The OVA is actually the original version consist of 6 episodes with each one being about an hour. It was then aired on TV and divided into 12 episodes to match the TV format of 20-or-so minutes per episode. I myself prefer the OVAs because it’s has nicer flow and a more concise watch. Also, the OP & ED are better in the OVAs than the TV series . The TV series did manage to inject some small details but it's not really worth it. I do however recommend that you check out the manga and read from the beginning if you're interested in the story after you watched the anime as there are differences and more details left, and the story also continues in the manga where the anime stops after the defeat of a certain general (not really a spoiler as there are many generals in BB).

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2015-07-16 at 20:27.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote