AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-29, 13:24   Link #3041
desrtsku
Nympholept

oh I see ... I thought it was because she was pissed off, thanks for the tips
Old 2012-06-30, 04:26   Link #3042
zaeraal

The raws and translation by js06 are out. (Look on 4chan)

So far:

Baba figured out Wanai can control only 3 clumps of water, so everytime she loses part of it, she can't get it back
(because it's split into too many parts and she will have to return to that lake to get it fully back.)

Mikoto is going to track the mosquito straight to Baba or that new girl
(she might even end up killing her, considering the fact she did not apeared later in vol. 15)

Saten called Misaka by her name, not just "railgun", did her memories really started coming back?

Cat ("Dog") ignored. Wasn't it supposed to be clue on how to track Misaki?
(Maybe we can still get Saten teaming up with members of Misaki clique and going to track Misaki later)
Old 2012-06-30, 06:03   Link #3043
leukrota

Ah, so cool, I liked the chapter (but why does it feel so slowly paced?) It's nice to see Baba doing a great job at being an easy to hate villain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Mikoto is going to track the mosquito straight to Baba or that new girl
(she might even end up killing her, considering the fact she did not apeared later in vol. 15)
Mikoto doesn't kill (even if she tries to) since it's not her fate to be a dark/anti hero...

Maybe the girl is just a helper and not a proper MEMBER's member (hey, I didn't make up the name)

This is completely baseless and may sound weird, but she gives me the impression of being the Professor's granddaughter or something like that... I can't really tell why that feeling.
Quote:
Cat ("Dog") ignored. Wasn't it supposed to be clue on how to track Misaki?
(Maybe we can still get Saten teaming up with members of Misaki clique and going to track Misaki later)
Well, for now only Kongou, Wannai and the psychometer know about it... one is down, another busy and the other clueless.
Old 2012-06-30, 07:20   Link #3044
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Is it possible that that girl ends up killed by operatives of either ITEM or SCHOOL?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-06-30, 07:23   Link #3045
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
but why does it feel so slowly paced?
Is it? Sorry, I can't tell anymore since recently, I've read many manga with 2-3 panels and few dialogue per pages
Quote:
Mikoto doesn't kill (even if she tries to) since it's not her fate to be a dark/anti hero...
Agreed, if she where to kill anyone she might end up like the Ein's Requiem for the phantom ... completely broken and half-emptied
Quote:
considering the fact she did not apeared later in vol. 15
That's no reason to kill someone off the bat, she might have just been "transferred" somewhere else (and not to Canada, I'll say it immediately )
Old 2012-06-30, 08:31   Link #3046
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Is it? Sorry, I can't tell anymore since recently, I've read many manga with 2-3 panels and few dialogue per pages
Sad truth of many mangas that are already past their first 20-30 chapters..
Quote:
Agreed, if she where to kill anyone she might end up like the Ein's Requiem for the phantom ... completely broken and half-emptied
Not really sure why would someone end up mentaly broken after killing someone.
If it was someone you loved, then yes, but not someone you literally want to kill.
Quote:
That's no reason to kill someone off the bat, she might have just been "transferred" somewhere else (and not to Canada, I'll say it immediately )
(Maybe it's just me that wants it to get a bit more serious)
But knowing Kamachi, she can just end up arrested like every antagonist in Railgun anime and Railgun PSP
(all LU ussers, Harumi, SkillOuts, Telestina, Miyoshi Yoshiko, 4girls from Disciplinary Guides and Aizono Mio)
Old 2012-06-30, 11:19   Link #3047
leukrota

Quote:
If it was someone you loved, then yes, but not someone you literally want to kill.
Right, for example
Spoiler:
But Mikoto is a different matter, given her mentality it would probably be quite shocking to find herself a killer. Her sense of justice is very similar to Touma's.
Old 2012-06-30, 11:31   Link #3048
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
\
The weight of killing someone is a lot more than you think....
Your making it seem like killing is the easiest thing in the world.
Not to mention this is middle school girl
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-06-30, 11:53   Link #3049
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Even though she was a freak electrical, it is still a normal student at what history shows quite the weight of killing someone is not easy to carry, I think the fourth volume in Tsuchimikado said that professionals can get rid of the weight of killing someone through excuses or ideas, but amateurs have to carry it with them.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:08   Link #3050
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Sad truth of many mangas that are already past their first 20-30 chapters..
Yeah, sadly

Quote:
meh, I guess everyone already said what should be said about this ...
Old 2012-06-30, 13:30   Link #3051
zaeraal

The scanlation is out by Animum Mutare.
Old 2012-06-30, 14:27   Link #3052
leukrota

BTW, what do you guys think is Awatsuki's ability?
Telekinesis as Baba suggested?
Gravity/weight manipulation?
Something else?
Old 2012-06-30, 17:19   Link #3053
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
This is completely baseless and may sound weird, but she gives me the impression of being the Professor's granddaughter or something like that... I can't really tell why that feeling.
Based on appearance alone, I thought that she might be a citizen of the magic side. That would explain why Professor knew about magicians and would also explain that little extra attention that Xochitl got a few chapters back.

The novels already explained that the Daihaseisai is the easiest time for magicians to sneak up on Academy City, it would be a waste not to take advantage of that.
Old 2012-06-30, 17:37   Link #3054
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Nice chapter.

As naive as this question may sound, I wonder if that last scene actually happens in real life. I see it a huge lot in anime and manga, but I don't remember ever seeing it in tv shows or movies.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2012-06-30, 19:34   Link #3055
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
You know, along that line of thought...

Spoiler for :
Old 2012-06-30, 20:44   Link #3056
Acer
Death to the infidels!

As a great man once said: "Humans are scary when they're desperate" or something

All have had their moment "evil", even Touma. But I will not totally discount that Mikoto go over the limits a day.
Old 2012-06-30, 21:04   Link #3057
Phibrizzo
Honos628

If level 6 proyect didn't push it that far I doubt this would.
Old 2012-06-30, 21:34   Link #3058
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Well... I don't necessarily think it's about being 'pushed'.

It's more like, 'abusing' powers. To simply do something not because it's necessary, but because you can. I vaguely remember acting in surprise in how Mikoto and Accelerator had 'similar thoughts' in invading the base in NT3, and ( though I haven't read that particular novel ) hijacking a plane. She's not an evil person, but she isn't a 'good' either. She's normal, but has a skewed perception of what's right due to her abilities. Well, or course, this is just an opinion...
Old 2012-06-30, 22:06   Link #3059
Destined_Fate

Eh, Mikoto isn't evil and leans more on being good than anything else. She doesn't kill even when the person in question deserves death for all they have done. Such as Accelerator after he was defeated by Touma even though at that point, as far as she knew, Accelerator was a monster that had killed at least 10,000 of her sisters and didn't have any remorse which is true - He didn't care how many he killed because he was so obsessed with the end result and not the means that would take him there.

Still, killing someone might make her doubt herself but I don't think she'll be broken or intentionally kill someone. Even when she had her "Moments" she never took it to the point of no return. It would be a pretty radical character change if she broke down or started not caring about killing people or not, fan reception might not all that welcoming.

For example, look at Cassandra Cain from the Batman Family. She took a drastic character change that ruined her in the eyes of many people. Years later they casually explained why she changed so much, than changed her back before her change, but it was too late, she was tainted. Even in the DCnU reboot no one wants to touch her, even after all this time, because she was tainted by that past. So doing something like that to Mikoto would be bad and could threaten removing what made fans love her so much.

Besides, not everyone has to be a killer, or go crazy crazy, to be interesting. Like Accelerator, as a villain he wasn't all that interesting. It was after his defeat that he became who he is that fans adore.
Old 2012-06-30, 22:14   Link #3060
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

^Wasn't really commenting on the 'killer' thing. I think it's obvious that won't do anything like that. Just pointing out that Mikoto doesn't necessarily represent 'justice'.

Tags
fantasy, shounen