AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-29, 23:26   Link #1
magusa

Anime + Cars

I'm a big car buff, and was just wondering if there is any anime that has cars involved in a big way, like racing or something. Licensed or Fansubbed. It's always simpler to pay for DVD's

Thx for your help !
-Dan
Old 2004-08-29, 23:50   Link #2
ramune

Initial D is the only anime you need to watch if you haven't seen it already.

This should be in the Suggestions Forum btw.
Old 2004-08-30, 00:02   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Get DVDs for Riding Bean and Gunsmith Cats. They are both intense car anime. More Riding Bean than Gunsmith, but the later is good for cars as well.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-08-30, 00:23   Link #4
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Get DVDs for Riding Bean and Gunsmith Cats. They are both intense car anime. More Riding Bean than Gunsmith, but the later is good for cars as well.
Heh... Riding Bean is like watching a crime-fighting Terminator drive around in a corvette.

Though I wouldn't recommend watching it, eX-Driver is another anime that is loaded with cars that has a lot of high-speed chases. Unfortunately, it isn't really all that great... but you wanted to know about car anime, right?
Old 2004-08-30, 02:26   Link #5
hooliganj
Team Player

The manga artist Kousuke Fujishima is obsessed with cars and vehicles of all types, so you might want to try his stuff:

You're Under Arrest! is about two female traffic cops who inexplicably get involved in a high speed car chase just about every other day. Other than that, it's a sit-com style show about the Bokuto police station and the weird people who work there.

Ah! My Goddess has a ton of different bikes, cars, buggies, carts, and more. Basically they'll race anything with wheels and an engine. The rest of the story is probably a little different than what you might expect, since it's a romantic comedy. The manga has more cars in it than the anime, but the upcoming TV series will probably change that.

eX-Driver, already mentioned. In the not-too-distant future all cars are driven by computers, so driving is a very special and highly sought after skill for the occasional job that can't be entrusted to a program. I agree that the anime is pretty lame.
Old 2004-08-30, 02:39   Link #6
chamelean75

Well I know that this might be a big stretch but what about transformers? Robots that tranform into cars. But initial D is the main car anime i think people talk about when they talk about car animes.
Old 2004-08-30, 11:24   Link #7
unwill

Future GPX Cyber Formula Its about a boy racing with a car (with AI). Very good Must see
Old 2004-08-30, 18:01   Link #8
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

It just occured to me that nobody in this thread mentioned Speed Racer!! It's only one of the most classic animes of all time! It got a lot of early fans interested in anime.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-03, 05:43   Link #9
Bofo Mills

I was wondering if you know where i can get the new eps of Initial D Fourth Stage , well im looking for 5-6 , ive seen the first few ones , Bittorrent would be nice , subtittled would be nice also

Thanks , Joe
Old 2004-09-03, 06:38   Link #10
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofo Mills
I was wondering if you know where i can get the new eps of Initial D Fourth Stage , well im looking for 5-6 , ive seen the first few ones , Bittorrent would be nice , subtittled would be nice also

Thanks , Joe
We don't disseminate information on how to get raws in this forum so you'll have to find them on your own or else wait for the episodes to be fansubbed.

Old 2004-09-04, 04:54   Link #11
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
yeah initial D is better and alot more popular than all of them.

Anyone say speed racer lol?

Love Hina's really good, I think you see a car or two in there that doesn't count does it(but its goooooood).

yeah, I would go with Initial D, there's plenty of episodes to watch, plus you could probably even find it at hollywood video or blockbuster. Cuz I know we have it.
Old 2004-10-06, 02:59   Link #12
Cowboy Spike
Cowboy Senin

Send a message via ICQ to Cowboy Spike Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Spike
Racing Anime

Hey, besides the obvious Initial D, what other street racing animes are out there, I have a few titles like eX Driver, and Cyber Formula, but are there any new ones out or whats up?
Old 2004-10-06, 05:30   Link #13
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I don't usually merge threads in the Suggestions Forum, but this was too close a match to ignore. Take a look above your post and you'll see a slew of great suggestions for you.

Closed Thread