AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-01, 17:20   Link #61
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Any chance of a thread mentioning that the show has been licensed by Bandai (with it coming out on both DVD and Blu-Ray, and that Bandai plans to do something similar to the ASOS Brigade when it comes to the release of K-On!)?

EDIT: So far, only the first season of K-On! is licensed.
Old 2010-07-04, 14:38   Link #62
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Is it too early for a dubbing of K-ON! thread? The speculation is already starting in the license and voice actor appreciation threads...
Old 2010-07-04, 16:15   Link #63
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Is it too early for a dubbing of K-ON! thread? The speculation is already starting in the license and voice actor appreciation threads...
Strange, I thought you had already created that thread
Dubbing of K-On!
Old 2010-07-06, 12:40   Link #64
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Episode 14 thread?

New OP and ED to talk about!
Old 2010-07-07, 06:13   Link #65
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think we need a thread for the CARD GAME of K-on.
Very interesting rules and reminds me Yugioh.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3004
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3006
Old 2010-07-17, 05:08   Link #66
Kudryavka

On the front page, K-ON! is spelled wrong. It should be K-ON!, NOT K-On!
Old 2010-08-19, 18:51   Link #67
Haruhiism
Figma Collector

I'm very surprised to see that there isn't a thread to talk about the secondary/side characters in the series. Although Sawako-sensei has her own thread, what about Nodoka, Ui, Jun-chan, Ton-chan or the rest of 3-2's classmates. This far into the second season, I believe there is enough material to discuss these characters as well.
Old 2010-08-24, 07:12   Link #68
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhiism View Post
I'm very surprised to see that there isn't a thread to talk about the secondary/side characters in the series. Although Sawako-sensei has her own thread, what about Nodoka, Ui, Jun-chan, Ton-chan or the rest of 3-2's classmates. This far into the second season, I believe there is enough material to discuss these characters as well.
Created threads for:

Ui

Nodoka

Jun

I think that the amount of discussion generated by Ton-chan or the rest of the 3-2 class can be safely covered by the episode threads.
Old 2010-09-01, 17:30   Link #69
Nerroth
NePoi!

Could there be a separate thread for the upcoming PSP game?
Old 2010-09-01, 18:16   Link #70
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
As cool as it sounds. I don't think they will make a forum for just a game, maybe if they had a whole line of games then probably, But i gauss were just going to stick with the K-On! - Merchandise (Figurines, Artbooks, DVDs, etc.) forum. I gauss that forum can double for the game
Old 2010-09-02, 11:49   Link #71
Nerroth
NePoi!

Well, over in the Fate/Stay Night sub-forum we have threads for the likes of Fate/Extra (for PSP) and Fate/Unlimited Codes (for PSP/PS2/Arcade), so...
Old 2010-09-02, 12:20   Link #72
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Create a nice, informative post (such as the one you made for "Fate/Extra RPG Discussion") that can be used as opening of your requested thread, and I'll do the rest.
Old 2010-09-02, 14:17   Link #73
Nerroth
NePoi!

Thank you!
Old 2010-09-06, 00:43   Link #74
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Has anyone here read the K-ON doujin by Takotsuboya? It provides a rather crapsack view to the K-ON world, but nonetheless an interesting read. It follows a trilogy of :

Mambiki JK Sei K-ON (3rd Year Before Graduation, Ritsu's Ending)
Requiem 5 A Dream (Mio's Ending)
That's It (Yui, Azusa and Ui's Ending)

Spoiler for spoiler:

It's an interesting read though. Is it possible to have a thread for it?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-09-06, 01:39   Link #75
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Thread for K-ON doujins? idk...

Usually it should just be in K-ON Fanfiction Discussion..but then...it usually only talks about fanfiction suggestions and references and plans...

I say there should be a Topic for K-ON Fan-made Works (Doujin and Fanfic Discussion)
and a K-ON Fanfic Plans, Suggestions, and Advertising Discussion <-- Rename of the present fanfiction discussion.
Old 2010-09-06, 09:04   Link #76
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

A separate doujin thread? No, too narrow. Since doujins are works by fans, then technically they are fanfiction, and thus can be discussed in the fanfiction thread.
Old 2010-09-06, 09:14   Link #77
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
A separate doujin thread? No, too narrow. Since doujins are works by fans, then technically they are fanfiction, and thus can be discussed in the fanfiction thread.
I didn't know the fanfiction thread was for that purpose.

Thanks, moving my post to the thread now.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-09-19, 20:28   Link #78
Fome

I would like a poll to find out the gender composition of K-on fans. Seinen anime are typically targeted at men between 18-30, but seeing all the song covers on youtube made me think that there are a lot of female fans as well. Particularly in season 2, K-on lacks the sort of pandering male fan service that characterizes a lot of seinen works. I am extremely curious to see the proportion of fans that are male compared to female in the animesuki community. It would also be nice if people could post what gender they are and why they enjoyed the show, just to see if there are different reasons between male and female fans for watching K-on.

I am a male recent college graduate. I thoroughly enjoyed this show because it reminds me of carefree days in high school I spent with my good friends. We had our stupid inside jokes that only we thought were funny, and we each had strange habits and insecurities. Even though its a show about 5 girls, I could relate to it meaningfully. I was impressed by how the second season of K-on reduced the amount of moe to create more believable characters, even though I enjoy many anime with said moe.
Old 2010-09-19, 20:35   Link #79
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
I would like a poll to find out the gender composition of K-on fans. Seinen anime are typically targeted at men between 18-30, but seeing all the song covers on youtube made me think that there are a lot of female fans as well. Particularly in season 2, K-on lacks the sort of pandering male fan service that characterizes a lot of seinen works. I am extremely curious to see the proportion of fans that are male compared to female in the animesuki community. It would also be nice if people could post what gender they are and why they enjoyed the show, just to see if there are different reasons between male and female fans for watching K-on.
Yeah... A "Why Do You Watch K-ON?" thread would be interesting as the series offers many different reasons for attraction.
Old 2010-09-19, 20:44   Link #80
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Yeah... A "Why Do You Watch K-ON?" thread would be interesting as the series offers many different reasons for attraction.
Actually, I like this idea better. It's more general. People can post a small blurb about themselves--age, gender, occupation, nationality--and then explain why they enjoy K-ON.
Closed Thread