Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-05, 02:14   Link #2501
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukahana View Post
^ You'll want to play Muv-Luv alternative after you've finished unlimited.
Oh don't worry, mate, I've already got it lined up.

Currently they just got access to the simulators and Takeru is flaunting his Valgeron skills. XD

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 12:36   Link #2502
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet on xbl, its excellent and probably the best xbl arcade game I've played in recent memory.

Its short but I highly recommend it.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 18:35   Link #2503
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Been revisiting some 8-bit Mega Man recently, which has become a bit of a summer ritual, I suppose. Burned through MM2 last night and a bit of MM3. I have an itch for MM9, so I'll probably get around to it if I have an hour to spare tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Its short but I highly recommend it.
It's because of that I'm waiting for it to go on sale. Really looking forward to playing it sooner or later though. Summer of Arcade's pretty damn impressive this year.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 20:35   Link #2504
pancakes
*Author

Is that from the same creators as Lingo? Looks very similiar.

Also playing Battalion Wars(GC), The Legend of Zelda(NES), and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time(GC).
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 18:45   Link #2505
Nihokon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Oh don't worry, mate, I've already got it lined up.

Currently they just got access to the simulators and Takeru is flaunting his Valgeron skills. XD
I'm kind of disappointed with Unlimited, actually. Because...
Spoiler for Kind of spoiler-ish:
Old 2011-08-06, 19:32   Link #2506
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Playing DA2 again for the Legacy DLC. This time, with mods!

Bioware needs to fucking hurry up and release a toolset, for real. Even the little mods I've installed help make the game so much better (like being able to equip your party instead of just Hawke, restoring the nerfed +blood magic items, removing elemental resistances from random Darktown thugs, etc).
Old 2011-08-06, 20:25   Link #2507
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukahana View Post
I'm kind of disappointed with Unlimited, actually. Because...
Spoiler for Kind of spoiler-ish:
Yeah I know you mean, I'm currently finishing Meiya's endings in Unlimited. I saved my favourite for last. XD

On to Alternative after that.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 05:10   Link #2508
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

i'm playing Arcania - Gothic 4 @PC, it is a good game if you plan playing as a warrior or battlemage, basically having magic for support mostly, the environment, ambiance & atmospheric changes are quite nice, especially rain effects are some of the best i've seen, the only gripes i have are that at least atm it seems that magic isn't a good choice for a main usage, can't sleep at night you normally have to wait for day to come, (found a way around that), your a bit limited when exploring in some places invisible walls might stop you i got a feeling that this is because they didn't had enough time to work everything out... and lastly this isn't a problem anymore thankfully but this game is quite CPU hungry and quads are recommended for it (its one of the many reasons i wanted a CPU update :P), due to all the detail, all and all i think i'm gonna enjoy this title quite a lot, a note if your gonna play this absolutely make sure its patched.

Spoiler for Trailer:
Old 2011-08-13, 07:57   Link #2509
Aqua Knight

Witcher : Enhanced edition
Old 2011-08-14, 05:39   Link #2510
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Got 100% achievements on Oblivion, now I gotta repurchase Tales of Vesperia and get all those too.
Old 2011-08-14, 08:01   Link #2511
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

I currently play...

Touhou 13 Ten Desires
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Grief Syndrome
Chantelise
Galaxy Angel
Galaxy Angel Moonlit Lovers
Farland Symphony
Ever17 ~The Out of Infinity~
Eien no Aselia ~Kono Daichi no Hate de~
Cave Story
Old 2011-08-14, 08:55   Link #2512
Reikokuna

Maybe the wrong thread but i'm insecure where i should post this.

Black & White 2 caught my interest, still i'm not sure if it have a good gameplay.
Anyone who could give a little reccomendation?
Old 2011-08-14, 21:45   Link #2513
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikokuna View Post
Maybe the wrong thread but i'm insecure where i should post this.

Black & White 2 caught my interest, still i'm not sure if it have a good gameplay.
Anyone who could give a little reccomendation?
A little OT never hurts anyone (though if you want more substantial recommendations, create a thread in the suggestions forum).

I found Black & White 2 infinitely inferior to the first Black & White. It actually has "better" mechanics: less bugs, a far less demanding godly animal pet, and more complex city management -- but it turned a flawed yet sparkling jewel of a game into a less flawed but dulled out boredom. Gameplay is good enough; graphics are pretty enough, for its time; story serviceable.

To be more clear, in Black & White 2 you're playing an RTS dressed like a god game: you build cities and command armies and the giant "pet" animal is basically your special titan unit. You have a long campaign where you go through scenarios ("worlds") doing the missions in relatively similar fashion. Black & White 1 on the other hand was a genuine god game mixing around genres, not entirely with success, but with great charm and uniqueness.

Were I to play it blind, without prior experience, I imagine I would find it decent enough, perhaps good even, but as you can see I was rendered disappointed by my expectations coming from prior experience with its predecessor.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 06:51   Link #2514
Reikokuna

Well, due your summary I guess I'll try it with the first one. I merely prefer the genuineness

Surely I need to figure it out on my own but it's easier to decide if I have a little insight.
Thanks a lot!
Old 2011-08-18, 21:22   Link #2515
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Been playing Fallout 3 again. Which is not the best thing to do when beginning an advanced foreign language class in college.
Old 2011-08-18, 22:45   Link #2516
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

While waiting for the long-awaited games that will come out in a few months. I decided to play Europa Universallis III to pass the time. Paradox Interactive always makes the best games for me
Old 2011-08-19, 04:28   Link #2517
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Picked up Time Hollow for the DS, mostly because of the anime appeal, and... I need something to keep me busy until Devil Survivor Overclocked comes out for 3DS. I DO own Devil Survivor for DS, but I probably will never get around to beating it before Tuesday~

X-Blades has been rotting in my 360 library for a long time, so I thought I'd play it as "something new".... only to quickly remember WHY it was rotting on my shelf. The fanservice is pretty bad, voice acting is sub-par, gameplay is repetative... but the soundtrack seems to be the only reason I keep going. Once I finish this game... it can go back to rotting~

I'm also playing Persona 3 Portable... but haven't actually played it for afew days. I'll get back to it eventually.
Old 2011-08-19, 16:34   Link #2518
Nihokon

PC:
Hoshizora no Memoria , Touhou 12.8 Great Fairy Wars, and Touhou 12.3 Hisoutensoku.
Also:
Spoiler:

PSP:
Persona 3 Portable, female arc. Excessive grindfest makes me tired.

I lost my copy of Trails in the Sky due to an unfortunate accident, therefore I can't fight the last boss battle and finish it Dammit! I was so close, but...

Last edited by Nihokon; 2011-08-20 at 18:03.
Nihokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 09:15   Link #2519
Who

PC: Picked up a copy of Bastion. Heard many great things about it, and suffice to say, it is the BEST $15 that I have spent in a while. Gorgeous artwork, awesome soundtrack and simple, yet addictive gameplay (works better with controller than keyboard) backed with a good story.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 07:17   Link #2520
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

With new hardware equipped I've returned for another ridiculously long run of Dragon Age: Origins, this time with everything turned up max (graphics + difficulty; yay).

Blood, blood everywhere. Killing dragons have never looked sweeter.

Though I agonized forever over whether to harden Leliana or not in this Male Noble + Morrigan Romance run. She's such a sweetie I feel horrible ever saying anything bad to her, though since I like her fun adventuring bard side far more than the Andraste-am-I side, I went with it.

Really looking forward to do the Urn quest line again. It's by far the most epic quest line in the entire saga...if my Warden can forget that he's going on this noble and holy quest through breathtaking mountain scenery to save a useless nobleman whom his noble father outranked, while Ferelden burns. Not that he cares much about Ferelden in the first place (the fire helps with the wet dog smell, and the bastards by and large deserve it anyway).
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote