AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-07-28, 13:10   Link #21
jennwenn

Uh, why do people think RobertM is supposed to apologize?! He and babbito2k made perfectly valid, calm, collected, albeit different, points.

As for Princess Arete, I've yet to see this with subtitles. Looks like now's my chance! Hopefully I can garner more from the story now.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 17:14   Link #22
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Glad to see this thread is getting to be entertaining again...

As for me, I would rather that my succinct point about the movie sagging in the middle like a 10-year-old boxspring be addressed, or failing that, that my post be left alone. It sure looks funny sitting atop all that purple prose about sombre palettes and whatnot....

Third choice would have been for the post I griped about to be edited so it no longer quotes my post, but I betcha it's too late for that now...
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 12:09   Link #23
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Good movie, I enjoy the story. It has a great background story too.
Spoiler:
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 21:58   Link #24
wao
OK.

It's interesting how some things appear and you think they're crucial to the story but actually they're not. It's an interesting twist from when everything that the heroine is shown to do/meet is crucial to the story. The ring and the old witch themselves have their own stories somewhere else to be explored. That's what the movie might be trying to bring across, that each person has their own life and free will and their own whole story...

Though I wonder whether the
Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-03, 17:39   Link #25
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I do have a couple of questions concerning the plot (or maybe after reading wao's post, it has nothing to do with the plot ).
Spoiler for Why did..:

Spoiler for Then after that..:

The impression I got was he did those things because the plot required it. I like the earlier parts when the Knights tried to 'court' the princess (as others here also mentioned) and the Witch / gold ring was interesting but then was dropped out of the story. I have the feeling that we were presented with only a fraction of the story, which is one way to tell a story I guess but I would have preferred for it to remain focused on the apparent main storyline. Maybe this was what babbito2k was referring to, as I also felt some sort of 'saggy' content in the later half.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 23:30   Link #26
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

Regarding the previous post, it's explained quite clearly in the film.
Spoiler:
Elepsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 03:31   Link #27
Secca
nya`
*Artist

About the reason he try to send her away,
Spoiler:
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote