AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2007-10-16, 21:16   Link #41
Teisuke

O ya something to contribute check these out
http://cgi.ebay.com/Air-Kano-Kirishi...QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Air-Minagi-Tono-...QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Air-Misuzu-Kamio...QQcmdZViewItem
Teisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 22:22   Link #42
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I now have air tv 1-3 and the box. Excellent but economic packaging for a very low price. Nicely done.

Now to set my radar for #4 pre-order.
Old 2007-10-23, 01:23   Link #43
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
My Vol. 3 is taking it's time crossing the wide and dreary ocean, it appears. Oh well, at least it's on its way and Vol.4 has been on preorder for me since September

-Andiyar
Old 2007-11-29, 04:06   Link #44
Yukito590
King of Eroge

Send a message via AIM to Yukito590
At first I wasn't going to buy the American authentic DVDs because I'm one of the people against dubs. So instead I was going to buy the Japanese ones just to have sitting in my room and look at the pretty cases. Then it struck me that I don't have to watch it English dubbed hahaha. I've read that the subtitles were good. I've seen Air by 2 different fansubbers and they were both well done and close to each other. I'm hoping watching it again with ADVs subs (They are the ones who Sub these DVDs right?..not 100% sure) won't ruin it for me. Like, you know when you watch something so much that you memorize the words and can easily get annoyed when something is out of place? I'm hoping that the wording is exactly the same ! xD yea right. As long as it's as good as everyone has said, I'll get used to it I'm sure.

Hey, I'm not a big DVD buyer so my next question might sound stupid. but they didn't have like a limited edition of Air DVDs right like they do in Japan and with the Air game? If so (which I doubt) then I'm very sad to of missed it. =(

Well going to go to best Buy and buy these DVDs soon...Back in 2005 I thought I'd never see the day when Air could be seen inside best Buy lmao. And to me it looks so out of place.

I'm so pissed at myself for missing my chance to pre-order the Misuzu doll from HLJ last year. It wasn't until recently that I've been buying tons of merchandise, so I missed my chance of buying Air merchandise at its retail price. =( I just wish I was an Air fan since the games time. But yea, I'll probably never see that do9ll again and at the time it was only like 120$. Which I'm guessing I'd have to pay WAY more to buy that now since they most likely didn't make a lot due to the cost of making the dolls. And come on, it's Misuzu, so rare.

EDIT: Actually while on in the Air merchandise tread: Does anyone have a COMPLETE list of Air plushies? I've been searching for a Misuzu one since 2005 and have finally found it. I thought I'd be spending several hundred dollars on it but found it on EBAY for 18$. hell, i've been E-baying Air merchandise daily for the past 2 years. I always see the same stuff on there and actually, there hasent been much Air merchandise at all on E-bay in the past few months. Never thought i'd see a Misuzu plushie on E-bay. O.O

Well It's the one of her in her PJs and short hair, which I didn't know existed. And I know of two other Misuzu's that I don't own yet. One in her pink and white summer clothing, and the other in her school uniform. Anymore of her?

Then for kano I have a large version, and a mini one. I think there is one with her holding Poteto right?

I have one large Minagi one. (Same size as Large Kano)

And one *normal* Michiru one, same size as the Misuzu one I have.

Since I was an idiot and got into collecting stuff so late, I seriously blew my chances of getting Poteto. I was a fan around at the time when they weren't THAT rare online, and then as the weeks and months went on, more and more were being auctioning off and more and more people wanted one. Now I can't see myself getting/finding one.

I'm more than happy with my Misuzu though since I never thought I'd find it for sale and now that it's finally sitting on my shelf, I'm lost in thought.
Yukito590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 01:18   Link #45
telperionflower
I love clouds...

Wow I wish I would have seen those earlier. They went for $10 and $20! When buying them from a regular site costs over $40..

oh well. Does anyone know if there's been any new merchandise made as a result of the adv licensing of Air?
telperionflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 03:06   Link #46
Yukito590
King of Eroge

So I went to BestBuy to buy Air..So there are 3 volumes, 1 dvd for the summer special episodes, and then the movie making 5 dvds? Well, the movie, volume one, volume 3, volume 4 (summer) were each $22, and the volume 2 including the box was $30. So that is like $120 or something.

Then at FYE they were $30 a dvd! Rip-off. Do I figured I'd ask where you guys think is the cheapest place to buy them online? I rather not search myself since the last two times I've boughten DVDs online they were bootlegs. =(

And hey...They didn't include episode 13 the recap? Or is on volume 4....? That would be horrible if they didn't include it. It may be a recap episode but it's still part of the series and the ending has original footage. I didn't look at the cases too long but I read that volume 3 said it only had the 12th episode. =(

If there aren't any good places online to buy them, then I'll just buy them at BestBuy. The only reason I didn't was because they were missing volume 4 and I want to buy them all at once lol. $120 for is so much, I wish they just made a complete boxed set...But then again, that's only the price of two figurines roughly lol. So I can either buy my favorite series on DVD, or buy my Ayu and Makoto figurines. @.@ or save $120. money money money
Old 2007-12-16, 12:40   Link #47
Minoto

DVD Pacific is selling the movie and the series for $17.08 per disc ($22.56 for vol.2 with the box), and it looks like they have everything except vol.4 in stock right now. If you go with their cheapest shipping option and don't mind waiting, you'd save about $23 on the whole set.

And yes, episode 13 is included in vol.4 with the Summer specials.
Minoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 13:46   Link #48
Monster in a box

They just plain don't sell AIR around here. And I've look, and continue to look every time I go to a store that sells anime. Not one has ever had a single volume, and I haven't the slightest idea why.
Monster in a box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 15:30   Link #49
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Many video stores will specifically order what you ask for (especially if you can get the ISBN numbers). But as many have stated above, DVD Pacific sells them as well as Amazon and others.

Brick'n'mortar stores have limited shelf space. They have to guess at what will sell. Something like AIR will only get space if they get repeated requests for it. Did you *ask* them to get it?
Old 2007-12-29, 03:26   Link #50
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

where can i get the air game for psp with out spendng over 50$ with shipping?
Raykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 22:34   Link #51
Yukito590
King of Eroge

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1482/omgbr9.jpg

Please, what can you tell me about this figurine? I want to know where it came from, year, retail price if it had one, it's Scale and quality, estimated value if possible, limited production? Stuff like that please!

I have never seen this beauty until just now and it looks amazing. very excited to see a figurine I never knew existed. I neeeeeeed it, but know nothing about it yet.
Old 2008-04-08, 17:32   Link #52
Z3120

Anyone know where I can get a Potato plushie? A huge one would be nice too
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 18:38   Link #53
shockeroo

Hello all.

In Japan in 2002 I bought a set of 5 Air-themed ccg deck boxes. I realise I'm being a bit hopeful here, but I was wondering if anyone had seen them for sale online anywhere? I was very fond of them but they've since been scattered to the four winds.

(Edit: Looking at the dates of the anime I'm starting to doubt whether it really was in 2002... I thought it was though!)
shockeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 07:20   Link #54
Snickripep
I like MUDKIPZ! :3

I remember seeing picture of a really beautiful Misuzu figurine of her in her white dress (that she wears very briefly in the opening) holding a sunflower.
Anyone got a pic of this or know where to find it?
Snickripep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 04:13   Link #55
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

What is this Air: Memories DVD?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B000A3DR20/
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 03:38   Link #56
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
From wiki:

"A DVD released on March 31, 2005 called "Air Memories" contained promotional commercials for the series, staff commentaries, and clean ending sequences from the twelfth and thirteenth episodes, lasting ninety-two minutes in total"

-Andiyar