AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2004-12-07, 22:44   Link #81
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
One more thing I just want to addd, I hope Cless switches his sowrd off for a nice ax, or the Gungnir. Swords are fine and all, but polearms>swords.
Especially since they're much better poking tools
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 22:50   Link #82
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I don't think anyone who didn't played the game or know the story will have a clue what's going on.

I personally liked it a lot since I've played Tales of Phantasia a long time ago--seeing the characters in action again was a blast for me. The animation quality was definitely up to my expectation, but I didn't like the OP and ED that much probably because I absolutely loved the PSX version's OP and ED by Yukari Yoshida.

My main concern is how Mint's mother was murdered on the spot instead of being found left for dead in the prison by Cless which eventually led to that important scene later on; hopefully the anime crew will find some way to remedy that.

Oh, and yes, Maxwell looked awfully impressive (I recall in the SNES version he was just a bouncing pinball ), and seeing Indignation was quite a treat since it was one of my favorite (most abused) spells in the game!

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-12-07 at 23:18.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 23:00   Link #83
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
I don't think anyone who didn't played the game or know the story will have a clue what's going on.

I personally liked it a lot since I've played Tales of Phantasia a long time ago--seeing the characters in action again was a blast for me. The animation quality was definitely up to my expectation, but I didn't like the OP and ED that much probably because I absolutely loved the PSX version's OP and ED by Yukari Yoshida. Some of the minor changes I didn't like that much, like how the MysTek cannon is visually downgraded compared to the PSX cut-scene version, but my main concern is how Mint's mother was murdered on the spot instead of being found left for dead in the prison by Cless which eventually led to that important scene later on; hopefully the anime crew will find some way to remedy that.

Oh, and yes, Maxwell looked awfully impressive (I recall in the SNES version he was just a bouncing pinball ), and seeing Indignation was quite a treat since it was one of my favorite (most abused) spells in the game!
Oh yeah, I'd love to see that Ary scene animated, it would totally make the months of waiting worth it.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 01:21   Link #84
Carrackus

Send a message via AIM to Carrackus
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

Maybe more of the games will come out in the US
Carrackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 14:04   Link #85
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

I haven't watched the first episode yet, but I will soon (some of you know how/what I mean). I just wanted to comment on some things I would like to see...

Spoiler for some game scenes:

I'm sure I'll think of more. And yes, I definitely second the Ary scene...
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 17:08   Link #86
danholo

I just got it and it was great! A real treat for me as a Tales-series fan. Anybody who likes the game will like this anime. Get it!

But I don't think it will appeal to those who have not played the game. I don't know how you can cut out so many plot points and actually change the plot altogether!

Spoiler for the video game:

I guess you can compare shows like this to similar incidents when they make movies out of books.

Last edited by danholo; 2004-12-11 at 17:23. Reason: Addition/Edit
danholo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 15:29   Link #87
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

sarcasteak GREAT Arche avy and signature there!

However I'm still a bit unnerved about the anime apparently changing Arche's personality to that of young child. Where is my wine-drinking name-calling Cless-fantasizing Arche?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 15:36   Link #88
BOZZY

I just wonder if this OVA is truely licensed by Geneon... How on Earth will it sell well? Unless there are flashbacks in the later episodes know one, aside from the small group of people who played the game, will know what's going on...

Aside from that I like the animation... Reminds me kinda of the Tales of Symphonia art work...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 15:41   Link #89
Ending

Not one of the best OVAs out there, as it seemed to lack a comprehensive story and a central character. Will be watching #2, though, and that is because of one character only: Arche. Refreshing to hear some new "cutey" voice-actors.

Hope it improves in the next episodes.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 20:00   Link #90
qwertyuiopz

im confused lol...so whos the real antagonist?
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote